Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Perch56 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Ricky Williams update

super freak if he would have joined onterrio and ricky would have smoked weed together and would have been kicked out of the league at the same time

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Dolphins | R. Williams and team feel good about appeal
    Sun, 2 Apr 2006 09:00:24 -0700

The Miami Herald reports Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams and the team feel good about his chances on his appeal set to be heard April 10. Williams is appealing his fourth failed drug test, which would suspend him for the 2006 season if his appeal fails.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

"thanatoschristou" wrote:
    I agree with you DarinNelsonguy. It is sad to watch a person waste what God has given them. Besides, it is no life to be a drug addict and to fail the people in your life. Come on ricky.
    I got no respect for Ricky, you cant be addicted to weed...there could be a mental addiction but there is no physical addiction to pot.

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Sticky Ickey = Dumb Bass
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I have a feeling that the appeal will go in his favor.. Every other test that he failed, he never appealed it. That tells you right there that he was guilty those times. He is quick to appeal this one, which kinda tells you he knows for sure he didn't take a illegal drug. He is probably on some herbal crap, and doesn't think it is illegal. If the NFL doesn't state herbal stuff, and that crap that showed up in his test doesn't come back as illegal substance, then he is fine..

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

The word is he simply was not contacted properly, and as a result couldn't piss in a cup for the drugs test.

This happened in England a couple of years ago, a player (Rio Ferdinand of Manchester United if anyone cares) was apparently called in for a drugs test after a training session, but said player had already left the club grounds and was at home. He went straight back to the stadium to go through with the test, but the testing people had already left. Now bear in mind that this guy has no previous history of failed tests, AT ALL. Clean as a whistle, spotless record when it came to drugs tests for every year he was a professional. (Which by this point was about 10 years I think).

The result? An 8 month ban for missing the test. (Basically an entire season but it was backdated for the 2 months it took to conclude the whole mess and it started in January, so he effectively only missed 6 months of competitive football, but was forced out of the European Championships and was prohibited from even visiting his club during that time, much like Onterrio Smith now).

If the NFL has any balls, it'll ban Williams even if he only missed the test.

To me, drugs are the biggest problem in American sports. Don't get me wrong, I love the NFL, but the drugs policy is a joke. 3 strikes and you're out? Screw that. A guy gets caught doing drugs, ban him for a year. Straight up. No arguments. You blew it son, quite literally. If it's performance-enhancing, ie: steroids of any kind that have not been already cleared by the authorities because of an illness the athlete is suffering, ban him for life. Of course that will never happen because steroid use is rampant in American sports and the player's Unions would be up in arms and fight the test case as far as they could go, dragging everyone remotely connected with the sport through the mud.

You do drugs in football or rugby? Straight up ban for at least 1 season.

You do drugs in athletics? At least a 1 year ban and a life-time ban from the Olympics.

Sorry for the rambling post, but y'all gotta understand the drugs issue is one of the MAJOR reasons that American sports lack credibility in the rest of the world. (Well that and you call your domestic champions "World Champions".. Like the "World Champion New England Patriots", but that's for another time! :wink

Del Rio Guest

The only reason there still are olympics is because of America. :razz:

I heard that on ESPN radio the other day. Made me laugh. He had some damn good points about funding and audience....

"Del Rio" wrote:

I heard that on ESPN radio the other day. Made me laugh. He had some gol 'darnit good points about funding and audience....
    Care to elaborate? I assume you mean funding of the IOC, and the American audience and networks bringing money to the television contracts, or at least something along those lines..

Del Rio Guest

"Benet" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

I heard that on ESPN radio the other day. Made me laugh. He had some gol 'darnit good points about funding and audience....
    Care to elaborate? I assume you mean funding of the IOC, and the American audience and networks bringing money to the television contracts, or at least something along those lines..
    The guy on ESPN radio during my lunch break hates soccer. He is always bashing it. Some guy from England called in and basically said something like you did about us calling ourselves the world champs....olympics....yada...yada.

He proceeds to tell the caller that without America there would be no olympics anymore....rattles off some numbers, I have no idea. IOC? I am guessing that means Int. Olympic Committe.....I have no idea. He then goes on this rant about American Football and how it's your own damn fault you don't have a team......

And it made me laugh. That is all I have. I thought it was funny. I have no numbers or stats just some angry espn radio guy going off on someone. That's why I added a little razz guy up there, that little face that basically means, I'm just messing around.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    The guy on ESPN radio during my lunch break hates soccer. He is always bashing it. Some guy from England called in and basically said something like you did about us calling ourselves the world champs....olympics....yada...yada.

He proceeds to tell the caller that without America there would be no olympics anymore....rattles off some numbers, I have no idea. IOC? I am guessing that means Int. Olympic Committe.....I have no idea. He then goes on this rant about American Football and how it's your own gol 'darnit fault you don't have a team......

And it made me laugh. That is all I have. I thought it was funny. I have no numbers or stats just some angry espn radio guy going off on someone. That's why I added a little razz guy up there, that little face that basically means, I'm just messing around.
    I know you were razzin', don't worry.. I was just ready to back up my argument in a College-style debating contest, and you've just pulled the floor out from under me!

(And yeah, I did mean International Olympic Committee).

:razz:

But I do doubt that without the States the Olympics would cease to exist. The Olympics and The World Cup are the 2 most prestigious sporting events in the world (and I will not accept any arguments to the contrary), if the US pulled their athletes out of the Olympics (like the boycott of the 1980 Moscow games) it would harm the credibility of the games, sure, but they still went ahead didn't they? They were still watched by people all around the world, and the other athletes competing still ran/threw/jumped/swam/pedaled/etc as hard as they could.

Sorry man, I just re-read this and realized that I'm ragging on you for what some random ESPN radio guy said. I apologise.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast