Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Ricky Williams update

i wish harper had kept marajuana decriminalization on the table, that would have been sweet.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Ricky Williams Update: Still High
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Without reading all the prior post in this thread, I did see Ricky's conference speach when it was made offical that he'd be torching it up in good ole Canada..

I just have to say this, he may be a very good running back, but he has the brain of a 5th grader who should have been held back in 4th...

He came out with some lam ass story about this and that, I bet the coach and owner where even trying not to laugh, not at his story (joke) but at how dumb he really sounds.......And IS...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Prophet Guest

CFL | Theisman likes Williams, but believes he received enough chances - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 2 Jun 2006 05:20:37 -0700

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports former CFL and NFL QB Joe Theisman had more to say about RB Ricky Williams Thursday, June 1. "I understand that Ricky has children and he's trying to be responsible and take care of them," he said. "I respect him for that. But he obviously was given another chance to play in the NFL, and he couldn't follow the rules. I think it's a mistake to continue to give him chances to play."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CFL | Williams to play about one quarter in exhibition game - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 1 Jun 2006 16:03:50 -0700

The Canadian Press reports Toronto Argonauts head coach Mike Clemons said RB Ricky Williams will play roughly a quarter Friday night, June 2, in the team's first exhibition game. Veteran RB John Avery is expected to get the start at tailback, meaning Williams should come into the game either midway through the first half or sometime early in the second half. "I would like to see his total game," Clemons said. "I'm looking forward to seeing how physical a back he is in a game situation." Clemons isn't concerned Williams will play despite having taken half the training camp snaps that his teammates have had. Williams will only have four practices with the team before the game.

Prophet Guest

CFL | Argonauts tease Theismann during game
    Fri, 2 Jun 2006 22:16:56 -0700

The Canadian Press reports the Toronto Argonauts teased former CFL/NFL QB Joe Theismann Friday, June 2, during a stoppage of play. Theismann recently criticized the CFL club for signing RB Ricky Williams and said he was ashamed to have worn the A on his helmet. During the second quarter, the Argonauts ran an ad on the Jumbotron with Theismann wearing a helmet with the old A emblem on it. A giant pencil then appeared and proceeded to rub out the A, after which the words "Happy Now Joe?" appeared. The ad drew a big cheer from the spectators in attendance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CFL | R. Williams sees limited action
    Fri, 2 Jun 2006 19:14:37 -0700

The Sports Network reports RB Ricky Williams saw limited action in his first preseason game with the Toronto Argonauts Friday night, June 2. He carried the ball four times for seven yards against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats at the Rogers Centre. In all, Williams appeared in four possessions during the game played in front of nearly 21,000 spectators.

JPPT1974 is offline Starter

Surprises me that he caught on with any football team given his circumstances!
    NFL 2013 is Here!

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Guess who is trying to make another comeback guys!!! Like the article says good news for soap fans!! LOL

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-suspendedwilliams&prov=ap&type=lgns

Ricky Williams to seek reinstatement to the NFL next month

By STEVEN WINE, AP Sports Writer
    September 14, 2007

MIAMI (AP) -- Bad news for NFL linebackers, good news for soap opera fans: Ricky Williams is planning another comeback.

The suspended running back is eligible to seek reinstatement by the NFL after Oct. 1 and will do so, his attorney said Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

In recent years, Williams has made more headlines than first downs, playing in only 12 NFL games since the start of the 2004 season. His current suspension began in April 2006 after he violated the league's drug policy for the fourth time, and a positive test for marijuana this April delayed his return.

Williams' attorney, David Cornwell, said they spoke by phone Thursday.

"He sounds wonderful," Cornwell said. "He sounds like he's in a great place, and I'm confident that will come through to the commissioner."

It's uncertain how quickly the 30-year-old Williams might be cleared to return -- or where he would play. He remains under contract with Miami, where he won the NFL rushing title in 2002, but first-year Dolphins coach Cam Cameron has given no indication he wants Williams.

Discussing Williams' most recent relapse in May, Cameron said it's difficult to salvage the careers of troubled players.

"The easiest predictor of future behavior is previous behavior," the coach said.

Dolphins general manager Randy Mueller is unlikely to lobby for Williams' return. It was Mueller who traded Williams to Miami when both were with the New Orleans Saints in 2002.

Since that deal, the Dolphins have endured a five-year playoff drought, the longest in franchise history.

Even if Miami no longer wants Williams, there's likely a market for player who rushed for 3,225 yards in 2002-03 -- assuming he can persuade a team he's eager to play. That has been a subject of debate in the past.

"All indications I have are that he has an interest in playing," Cornwell said. "He's a very eclectic young man with a lot of interests, and I think that's good. It's good for the NFL to have such players.

"I don't think he would go through this process if he didn't have a desire to play."

An NFL spokesman confirmed Williams is eligible to apply for reinstatement after Oct. 1 but declined further comment.

Cornwell said the process to seek reinstatement requires Williams to show he has followed the requirements of the NFL drug policy. Cornwell said commissioner Roger Goodell would decide whether to hold any face-to-face meetings.

Cornwell declined to say how quickly he thought Williams might be cleared to play.

"That's a hard thing to gauge," Cornwell said. "The commissioner has to collect a number of reports and information. I'm sure he'll move expeditiously, but I don't know what that translates into in terms of hours, days or weeks."

The season will be four weeks old before Williams is eligible to seek reinstatement.

Williams spent an extended vacation in Australia and India during a one-year retirement in 2004. He played in the Canadian Football League in 2006, then taught yoga in California.

Cornwell declined to say what Williams has been doing in recent months -- or even what hemisphere he's in.

"I don't know," Cornwell said with a laugh. "I spoke to him over the phone, so I don't want to be misleading."

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112