Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Ricky Williams update

KFFL
    Dolphins | Team wants quick appeals process for R. Williams
    Mon, 27 Mar 2006 20:24:34 -0800

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins have asked the NFL to give them quick notification on RB Ricky Williams' results on his appeal for violating the league's substance abuse policy. The team would like to prepare to draft a possible replacement for Williams in case he is suspended for one-year. Attorney David Cornwell, who is representing Williams, said, ""I will tell you that in the past, when circumstances have dictated the need for a quick turnaround on the ruling, the arbitrator has taken it at his discretion to issue a short-form ruling and then issued a longer one when he can."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KFFL
    Dolphins | R. Williams’ hearing set for early April
    Mon, 27 Mar 2006 06:15:45 -0800

Armando Salguero and Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, report Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams' appeal of a positive drug test has been set for early April, according to a source. Williams is expected to attend the hearing in New York, along with his attorney David Cornwell.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ricky Williams update

Rick gets to go back to his Bike and can smoke some weed while he bikes around the world for a year.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

He is such a waste of God given talent, that it isn't even funny!
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Dolphins | Williams’ appeal set for April 10
    Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:47:42 -0800

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams will have his appeal heard April 10 at the league's offices in New York City. Williams will miss the 2006 season if his appeal fails, as this was the fourth drug test he has failed. He tested positive for marijuana the three previous drug tests, but is unknown what substance caused him to fail the fourth test.

I agree with you DarinNelsonguy. It is sad to watch a person waste what God has given them. Besides, it is no life to be a drug addict and to fail the people in your life. Come on ricky.
    We can solve poverty today.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Lets cut him a little slack here. Remember in the past when he failed his drug tests? well he didn't protest the ruling and instead opted to retire. He is saying that he didn't do anything, and is fighting the charges on him.

I believe he did some herbal type stuff, but that he did not know that it was illegal. I am backing him on this one, I honestly believe that whatever it is that showed up in his system, that he didn't know that it was something illegal.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Lets cut him a little slack here. Remember in the past when he failed his drug tests? well he didn't protest the ruling and instead opted to retire. He is saying that he didn't do anything, and is fighting the charges on him.

I believe he did some herbal type stuff, but that he did not know that it was illegal. I am backing him on this one, I honestly believe that whatever it is that showed up in his system, that he didn't know that it was something illegal.
    Somebody that has 3 strikes already against him better know what he is taking, and if it is a banned substance in the NFL. This is his job and his lively hood, if he is not smart enough to know what he is taking then have fun on the bike Ricky. No sympathy here.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Ignorance is not an excuse for breaking the law. I agree this is his job. If anyone smart were in his position they would stay away from anything that can cause a positive drug test. I would make sure of what I can have and what I can't have especially if my livelyhood depended on it.

If it is determined he's guilty than I say bye-bye. If his appeal is granted then let him play football. Plain and simple.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

if they win the appeal..that will be some real BS
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

Too bad he was not cleared and could have been part of the Culpepper trade. A 2nd round pick and Ricky. If he screws up again we cut him and would have lost nothing but what we already have.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast