scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Richard Sherman will grace cover of 'Madden 15'

Richard Sherman will grace cover of 'Madden 15' - NFL.com

Hopefully this will see the introduction of post match interviews, where pressing Left Trigger & Y will make your player go off on an aggressive rant, bad mouthing other players and startling female touchline reporters.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    This just goes to show that having a big mouth in the NFL these days means more to people than a sustained career. Many of his interceptions (which is the leading statistic people use to say he is the best CB) are due to other players picking up his assignment so he can take chances. Early in the year, it was a problem; the local news was talking about it a lot, as the team got burned a few times on his breaking off from his charge and getting fooled.

He is VERY good, and I would love to see him in purple. But let's not get carried away with his superstardom; he needs to put up these numbers for a few more years before we start crowning him ANYTHING. After all, if you double the years he has been playing, you come up with FOUR years... not much of a legacy.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    This just goes to show that having a big mouth in the NFL these days means more to people than a sustained career. Many of his interceptions (which is the leading statistic people use to say he is the best CB) are due to other players picking up his assignment so he can take chances. Early in the year, it was a problem; the local news was talking about it a lot, as the team got burned a few times on his breaking off from his charge and getting fooled.

He is VERY good, and I would love to see him in purple. But let's not get carried away with his superstardom; he needs to put up these numbers for a few more years before we start crowning him ANYTHING. After all, if you double the years he has been playing, you come up with FOUR years... not much of a legacy.
    It has sadly become the culture of the NFL. Long gone are the days of players respecting each other and playing the game for the most part clean and hard hitting. Sure there was always the knuckleheads like Romanowski here and there but for the most part the intimidation factor for defenders was actually respected because it was done in the name of the game. What I am about to say will surely get some here upset. The game has become a Richard Sherman clone. Long locks, a big mouth, needing the limelight, and as far from what this game was meant to be as it can get. I believe that todays defenders especially the corners and safties have no regard for the safety of players. These hoodlums look to blow someone up so they can stand over them and show them WHO THE MAN IS. Back in the day there were a few of these they called dirty players but today the league I believe is full of them . Part of the blame goes to the NFL owners who changed rules so in favor of the offense scoring it made it nearly impossible to play defense on a level playing field. The players ran with it especially for the most part the African American ones with their Hercules hair and gangbanger attitude that if you comes in my hood I will blows you up... Yes some here will call me a racist. I understand, but just watch what we have now in this league and watch who is doing the things that are putting this game in jeopardy even with the crazy popularity. It's these thugs that use their heads as weapons with zero regard to the the crash victim. Then after they do REAL damage with a guy on the turf that can't feel his legs they kneel and act like they are praying.. Please.. save the theatrics we know what kind of person you are. I have a hard time watching some of these guys that call themselves pros.. Fire away boys.. You know I am right but just won't admit it all in the name of political correctness. I call a club a club...