cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Rhodes suspended for four games

[size=13pt]Rhodes suspended for four games[/size]

Oakland Raiders running back Dominic Rhodes was suspended Tuesday for the first four games of the season for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

The league does not disclose reasons for substance abuse suspensions, but Rhodes pleaded guilty in the offseason to reckless driving charges in Indiana after prosecutors agreed to drop drunken driving charges against him.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Rhodes suspended for four games

How fitting, now he will fit in and relate to that pathetic, crime-ridden fanbase of theirs!

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

wouldnt he have had to test positive several times for him to face a suspension?
    so how did this guy fall through the cracks of players on the verge of a suspension, like what happen to dante stallworth. i had no idea he was on the verge
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    wouldnt he have had to test positive several times for him to face a suspension?
    so how did this guy fall through the cracks of players on the verge of a suspension, like what happen to dante stallworth. i had no idea he was on the verge
    It's pretty dificult to understand the rules sometimes. Here is the take from PFT.com:

POSTED 10:13 p.m. EDT; UPDATED 11:03 p.m. EDT, July 3, 2007

RHODES SUSPENDED, TOO

On the same day that it was announced that Buccaneers cornerback Torrie Cox will be suspended four games for violation of the league's substance-abuse policy, the Raiders have disclosed that running back Dominic Rhodes also has been suspended for the first four games of the season for violating the same policy.

It's unclear whether the suspension arises from Rhodes' arrest earlier this year for suspicion of DUI.
    He eventually pleaded guilty to reckless driving, and the DUI charge was dismissed.
    If, however, he was already "in the program," and if drinking any alcohol violated the terms of his treatment program, evidence of alcohol use would be enough to trigger a fresh violation.

Unlike the steroids policy, which results in a suspension for a first-offense, a four-game suspension under the substance-abuse policy is imposed after multiple violations.
    But since the entire program is cloaked in (supposed) secrecy, it's usually impossible to piece together the specific reason for a suspension, which is the first step in the process that is publicly disclosed.

Rhodes' absence could give rookie Michael Bush some early-season action, if he's fully recovered from a broken leg that wiped out his final year at Louisville.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

Every NFL player needs a hobby, getting arrested seems like popular one.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Is it just me or does there seem to be a ton of players in the last couple of years getting in trouble with the law. Maybe it's just because of more media coverage but man it seems like there have been just a ton of problems with players in the NFL.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Rhodes may never get his starting job back if that kid from Louisville gets it going. All it takes is a chance to shine and replace the incumbent nucklehead.
    But... who cares, it's the Raida's. They will continue to flounder at the bottom of the AFC West.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

[size=14pt]Wanna get high?[/size]

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

i wonder if he was in the program and the raiders missed it before signing him cuz i'm sure that would have brought down his price.
    which would make them even a bigger laughing stock.

as for guys getting into more trouble?
    nah, this has always happened, but now even scrubs make the news for dui's.
    just think of kenny mixon, warren moon strangling his wife, dale carter, and on and on.
    these guys might think they can use their name to get outta crap like in the past but that don't work no more.
    the media, or public service is no longer looking out for the pro athlete.
    and to an extent i believe what marvin lewis said about these guys being focused on.
    but in the same instance it's their own fault cuz i'm sure they're driving sweet cars at 3:30 in the morning coming from club and bar areas.
    me in my shitty chevy malibu probably doesn't draw a flare.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE