Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Rex Ryan is the man

"Overlord" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    Just sayin after seeing the way he coaches a hypes up his team and the fans (he left a message on their blog to amp them up), this guy is just great for football.
    He is by far my favorite coach now and I would love to have him.
    I like that Chilly knows he should just give the ball to AP, but he is so imaginative and monotonous.
    I'd love to see what our team could do with a guy like Rex at the helm.
    He seems like a fun guy to listen to, and his team played well in week 1.
    We'll see how he does over the long haul.

I don't think this whole media personality bit that we see has as much to do with success or failure as people like to think.
    It really takes all kinds in this business... Bellichick is an ass and keeps quiet with the media, Parcells was funny but a hardass, Dungy was low key and focused, Gruden was an ass and loud, Tomlin is emotional and positive, but also controlled with the media.

If Ryan knows what he's doing and gets his guys lined up and going in the right direction, then he'll do just fine.
    If all he has is his talk, then the players will get tired of him real fast.
    Bill Belichick was also proven to be cheating for 7 years, years that included 3 Super Bowl wins.

I like how Ryan said he didn't "come here to kiss his rings..." referring to Belichick. awesome.

Bad ass... I hope he instills that attitude in his players.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Json is offline GM

Bill Belichick was also proven to be cheating for 7 years, years that included 3 Super Bowl wins.
    Yeah because no other teams did it either!
    Please just stop it with the cheating shit.
    It's on record by players that they have witnessed other teams do it who are not the Patriots.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    floop Childress. His jiggly butt needs to be fired for fricken this team up and bringing in LNAD.
    Try another tact My Farvish Friend.

Again, these guys are professionals, not High Schoolers. If the coach has to get them up for a game they need to carry thier jiggly butt someplace else.
    I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away from PPO.
    Chill out, dude.
    The Vikings put 34 points on the Browns in their house.
    How has that ~messed up~ this team up?

=Z=
    PPO is a sickness my friend.
    So is the game of football and talking about it.
    Even my disdain for a certain shithead can't keep me away but I am limiting myself to typing time because I can't chill out.

Kindof a check and balance thing.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    floop Childress. His jiggly butt needs to be fired for fricken this team up and bringing in LNAD.
    Try another tact My Farvish Friend.

Again, these guys are professionals, not High Schoolers. If the coach has to get them up for a game they need to carry thier jiggly butt someplace else.
    I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away from PPO.
    Chill out, dude.
    The Vikings put 34 points on the Browns in their house.
    How has that ~messed up~ this team up?

=Z=
    PPO is a sickness my friend.
    So is the game of football and talking about it.
    Even my disdain for a certain shithead can't keep me away but I am limiting myself to typing time because I can't chill out.

Kindof a check and balance thing.

Yes, as busy as I have been at work I still have to check in a few times a day. Glad you didn't stay away too long.

About Rex Ryan...I agree, we shouldn't need a rah-rah guy to motivate us, but it doesn't hurt. This guy knows how to use the media and he's fun for the game. He puts a tough defense on the field. I'm interested to see what they do with NE on Sunday.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I think Ryan will be an excellent coach

he can in and his game plan worked

Run the rock down their throats.. Have a QB game manager, let the RB take the pressure off of him.. And send the heat on D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Jets report card [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size]

Coaching: D-minus

Clock management again was an issue for Rex Ryan, who wasted a first-half timeout that could’ve been helpful in the final minute of the half. His unsuccessful fourth-quarter challenge, which would’ve netted the Jets only 6 yards, also was a shaky move. Offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer put a struggling Sanchez in too many bad situations and didn’t stick with the wildly successful running game enough in the second half.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pr.../64881517.html

Marrdro's comment follows:

Thought maybe this thread needed to be revisited. Anyone want to change thier opinion on coaching techniques?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

haha I didn't think Sanchez would hit a rookie wall

He's holding them back

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Jets report card [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size]

Clock management again was an issue for Rex Ryan, who wasted a first-half timeout that could’ve been helpful in the final minute of the half. His unsuccessful fourth-quarter challenge, which would’ve netted the Jets only 6 yards, also was a shaky move. Offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer put a struggling Sanchez in too many bad situations and didn’t stick with the wildly successful running game enough in the second half.

Thought maybe this thread needed to be revisited. Anyone want to change thier opinion on coaching techniques?

I would have thought you were ready to change your opinion on the "Fuck Childress, his ass needs to be fired for bringing Favre in here and Fucking this team up!"
    This team hasn't looked this good in 10 years!
    Hooray for Childress!
    ;D

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I would have thought you were ready to change your opinion on the "Fuck Childress, his ass needs to be fired for bringing Favre in here and Fucking this team up!"

This team hasn't looked this good in 10 years!
    Hooray for Childress!
    ;D
    Yet... Childress still didn't know that punting the ball with 2 minutes and zero time-outs loses you the game... an NFL level head coach... just sayin'.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

I would MUCH rather have Rex then Childress, but he would gut the system and we would waste another 4 years. I would say Rex is the opposite of Childress which would be awesome.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast