Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Rex Ryan is the man

Just sayin after seeing the way he coaches a hypes up his team and the fans (he left a message on their blog to amp them up), this guy is just great for football.
    He is by far my favorite coach now and I would love to have him.
    I like that Chilly knows he should just give the ball to AP, but he is so imaginative and monotonous.
    I'd love to see what our team could do with a guy like Rex at the helm.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Rex Ryan is the man

I agree...I like this guy a lot too. I see him in the media here in NY, and he's very comfortable with them. I love his approach to the game. He motivates guys in much the same way Parcells did. The Jets D was awesome on Sunday and they were without a couple of their key guys. He's a player's coach.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Love the guy and what he brings to the game, however, if my team needs a RAH RAH type of guy to get up for games, they need to go find another damn place to play ball.

They are fricken professionals and should get up on thier own.

Think about it, the more time he spends giving RAH RAH speeches is less time he has to spend on silly things like game plans and coaching.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Love the guy and what he brings to the game, however, if my team needs a RAH RAH type of guy to get up for games, they need to go find another damn place to play ball.

Think about it, the more time he spends giving RAH RAH speeches is less time he has to spend on silly things like game plans and coaching.
    Well I think with all his rah rahing he has plenty of time to do what chilly does with the gameplan...

Hand the Ball off to AP
    Hand the Ball off to AP
    Hand the Ball off to AP
    Look for percy or CT
    Hand the Ball off to Ap
    Fake pass and hand the ball off to AP
    Fake run but still hand the ball off to AP

Not saying it doesn't work but it doesn't take a genius to figure out what we are trying to do.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Love the guy and what he brings to the game, however, if my team needs a RAH RAH type of guy to get up for games, they need to go find another gol 'darnit place to play ball.

Well I think with all his rah rahing he has plenty of time to do what chilly does with the gameplan...

Hand the Ball off to AP
    Hand the Ball off to AP
    Hand the Ball off to AP
    Look for percy or CT
    Hand the Ball off to Ap

Not saying it doesn't work but it doesn't take a genius to figure out what we are trying to do.
    Fuck Childress. His ass needs to be fired for fucking this team up and bringing in LNAD.
    Try another tact my friend.

Again, these guys are professionals, not High Schoolers. If the coach has to get them up for a game they need to carry thier ass someplace else.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Fuck Childress. His ass needs to be fired for fucking this team up and bringing in LNAD.

Again, these guys are professionals, not High Schoolers. If the coach has to get them up for a game they need to carry thier ass someplace else.
    I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away from PPO.
    Chill out, dude.
    The Vikings put 34 points on the Browns in their house.
    How has that fucked this team up?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away from PPO.
    Chill out, dude.
    The Vikings put 34 points on the Browns in their house.
    How has that fucked this team up?

=Z=
    Although I'm an avid Chiller hater, I gotta agree with Zeus here.

1.) Who could ever stay away from PPO? Not me.
    2.) It was definitely fun to watch... If keep winning, there's an honest chance we could go all the way and make it to the bowl... or we lose, and all the Favre haters or Chilly haters can all sit back and claim they were right... AND CHILDRESS GETS FIRED!!! Either way, it's a win/win.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

But yeah, Rex Ryan is the man. I think he'll be a good NFL coach.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Love the guy and what he brings to the game, however, if my team needs a RAH RAH type of guy to get up for games, they need to go find another gol 'darnit place to play ball.

Hand the Ball off to AP
    Hand the Ball off to AP
    Hand the Ball off to AP
    Look for percy or CT
    Hand the Ball off to Ap

Come on Marr....it's not all bad.
    Did you watch the 2nd half of the game?
    We're pounding the rock like we've always done, how has Chilly F'd up this team!?
    We are running the same basic offense.
    This team is less F'd up now than it was a year ago.
    Love Favre or hate him, but he hasn't hurt this team one bit....yet.

I like Ryan too though and it would certainly be interesting to see what he'd bring to our table.
    But I do agree with Marr in some respects - F the rah rah B.S. and coach them the black and blue dirty side of the ball.
    Get the team angry!
    Anger stirs motivation AND pain!

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    Just sayin after seeing the way he coaches a hypes up his team and the fans (he left a message on their blog to amp them up), this guy is just great for football.
    He is by far my favorite coach now and I would love to have him.
    I like that Chilly knows he should just give the ball to AP, but he is so imaginative and monotonous.
    I'd love to see what our team could do with a guy like Rex at the helm.
    He seems like a fun guy to listen to, and his team played well in week 1.
    We'll see how he does over the long haul.

I don't think this whole media personality bit that we see has as much to do with success or failure as people like to think.
    It really takes all kinds in this business... Bellichick is an ass and keeps quiet with the media, Parcells was funny but a hardass, Dungy was low key and focused, Gruden was an ass and loud, Tomlin is emotional and positive, but also controlled with the media.

If Ryan knows what he's doing and gets his guys lined up and going in the right direction, then he'll do just fine.
    If all he has is his talk, then the players will get tired of him real fast.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast