Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Rex Ryan Buries Game Ball

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1082620
    True.

That was an ugly beating the jets got.....burying the ball is good psychology.

Ryan is a master showman and psychologist.

We'll hear more from him and his teams.
    Good thing for the Jets is that they only have 2 winning teams left. The master showman and psychologist has proven he can motivate his teams to beat them.

Problem he has, is he can't beat winning teams and thats what he will face in the playoffs.

Then his players will need a master coach, not a master showmen or psychologist my friend. That and that alone will help them overcome getting an asswhoopin from those winning teams.

On a side note, I still like his brother. Wish the staff would take a look at him for the HC position.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "RK." #1082634
    I remember when Brady and the Pats came to MN a few years back and beat the crap out of us. After that every team we faced had our number and just went the to Patriots play book. I wonder if that will happen to the Jets?
    As I mentioned above. If they play a team with a winning record, the ball buring thing won't matter.

Again, that team needs some coaching help, not drama designed for the press. If I was Rexy I would have spent the time I did burying the ball in the film room with the O and D-coords trying to fix real issues.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "NDVikingFan66" #1082635
    Burying is OK, but shooting a couple rifle rounds through, now that would send a statement, and be very cool.
    This guy didn't even no his team was still able to get in the playoffs last year. Do you think he could think of something like that on his own? :laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1082643
    Ravens had that shovel and sword last year. Whatever that was.

Personality is a good thing. The more the better. Sure he is rude and in your face, but if it works on the players, I say do it. Sure is fun to watch that is for sure.
    Spent 22 years leading men and women, what I found........

Sure it might be a hoot and get a laugh, but if you want them to perform at a top level, a leader should spend his time developing/training/teaching them thier craft not performing for them.

This was nothing more than a bit of schtick for the media and my guess, his players benifited nothing from it other than to get a laugh and be happy the presses attention was drawn away from the ass whoopin they just took cause the goof didn't get them ready to perform.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I think he would have made a much stroner statement if, he shoved that ball up Sanchez's A S S !

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Quote Originally Posted by "NordicNed" #1082687
    I think he would have made a much stroner statement if, he shoved that ball up Sanchez's A S S !
    LOL, well played Ned. Well played indeed.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Marrdro said:

Problem he has, is he can't beat winning teams
    So he's never beat a winning team and never will?

You astound me with your perspicacity.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1082702
    Marrdro said:

Problem he has, is he can't beat winning teams
    So he's never beat a winning team and never will?

You astound me with your perspicacity.
    You know, even though I have a nickel mind, it doesn't mean I can't look up dime words in the dictionary.

And my point isn't all inclusive, but if you look at his overall record, yes, he struggles against teams with winning records.

He beat the Pats earlier when this team was being reshaped then got whooped by them after the scheme settled in a bit after they shitcanned PatsRandy
    2010 Season

You gotta throw out the two gimmes at the end of the season. Hell I still chuckle that he didn't even know he still had a chance to make the playoffs at that point last year. In the end, he was probably right though. If the Colts wouldn't have given him the game they wouldn't have.
    2009 Schedule

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I don't think he's a detail person.

Creative people rarely are.

He can still be a great coach and an interesting one to boot.

I prefer that to the Bud Grant type any day.

They both had experiences losing to "winning teams" but they also had (and will have) a lot of success.

It's just that one is more fun than the other.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Sanchez’ slump continues- Mark Sanchez had another rough game as he made several bad decisions, had a costly fumble, and a terrible interception. Granted the offensive line did not help much as Mark was sacked 6 times. A case can be made that Rex Ryan should have removed Sanchez as the kid was completely rattled in the pocket. It is one thing to let a young quarterback work through his problems, it is another to completely throw him to the wolves. The Jets are a win now team and there are times Sanchez plays like a win later quarterback.
    Coaching

This game was tough to watch and was reminiscent of a Herman Edwards performance. The offensive game plan was horrible, the game management was terrible, and the time management was questionable. It is time for Rex Ryan to take a step away from the microphone and figure out what the hell is going on with his team. This team lacks an identity on offense, the young quarterback is struggling, and team is starting to head in the wrong direction.

I am not ready to label this another “Same Old Jets” season as Gang Green is still headed for the playoffs. Once you make the tournament anything can happen. But I will say this: Rex Ryan and his team are starting to write checks that they cannot cash and it is becoming embarrassing. It is all fun and games when you are winning, but when the losses start to pile up no one likes a loudmouth.

Are the “Same Old Jets” back?

Banish the thought. No way the "Same Old Jets" are back. Didn't thier chucklhead of a coach bury a game ball or something last week to alleviate poor play?

........snicker........

I wonder what he will bury this week. Maybe its his cheating ass strenght coordinator.

Rex Ryan = Joke.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12