Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11
    Jilly's Avatar
    Jilly is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,048

    Re: Request to all American NFL Fans from a Canadian NFL fan

    Canada has a football league ;D

  2. #12
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Request to all American NFL Fans from a Canadian NFL fan

    yah eh?
    you hoser...

  3. #13
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,578

    Re: Request to all American NFL Fans from a Canadian NFL fan

    "Dieter" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    I don't mind the games being played here it gives us a chance to see the games in person, which most Canadian NFL fans never have. Toronto would not be able to support the nfl club. the argos barely get anybody goign to the game as is.
    If they were to move, I don't think it would effect the cfl that much. i wouldn't change the teams i cheer for (esks and vikings) just because there is a nfl team in a canadian city and i assume most fans would do the same. buffalo is really close to toronto as is, so a lot of bills fans would make the trip north and vice versa.
    Some of the powers that be of the CFL think it WOULD
    risk the leage.
    Why chance it for the benefit of one city? People in southern Ontario have a 40 minute drive to see the Bills.
    Why take Buffalo's team and risk the entire CFL so Torontonians save a little gas?
    It might risk the league, but I personally think that it wouldn't that much. It might if the argos got even less fans or if they had to move, but besides that just having a nfl team in Canada, not so much. Would I want the nfl to move here? heck no. If the nfl wants to make more money, moving to Canada wouldn't be a way to do so.
    We're bringing purple back.

  4. #14
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,578

    Re: Request to all American NFL Fans from a Canadian NFL fan

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    I don't mind the games being played here it gives us a chance to see the games in person, which most Canadian NFL fans never have. Toronto would not be able to support the nfl club. the argos barely get anybody goign to the game as is.
    If they were to move, I don't think it would effect the cfl that much. i wouldn't change the teams i cheer for (esks and vikings) just because there is a nfl team in a canadian city and i assume most fans would do the same. buffalo is really close to toronto as is, so a lot of bills fans would make the trip north and vice versa.
    Do you think the reason Argo games can't sell out has to do with the fact that Toronto can't support a team?
    or do you think it's because of the quality of the team.
    Maple Leafs games have no problem selling out.
    I think the reason is that most people (yes even Canadians)
    would much rather watch an NFL game with better players than sit in a shitty stadium designed for Baseball to watch mediocre football.
    I myself am Canadia, but I do not watch much CFL at all, only if nothing else is on.
    The argos not having lots of people at the games is for numerous reasons including the crappy skydome. IMO Toronto isn't much of a football city anyways. The leafs will sell out no matter how bad the team is. It doesn't matter because in toronto it is the leafs and then everything else.
    And I don't think we want to turn this topic into a CFl vs NFL thread. its like compairing the Euro to the MLS. Different game, different strategies, different player level.
    We're bringing purple back.

  5. #15
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Request to all American NFL Fans from a Canadian NFL fan

    I think it would be stupid for the NFL to move permanently to Toronto anyway.
    Toronto fans are
    probably the worst football fans in Canada.
    As it was stated, they can't sell out even with a competitive team.
    No matter what, any NFL franchise would probably be #3 in the city (behind NHL and probably NBA).

    That being said, it would cause problems to the CFL and I hope it doesn't come to pass.
    As for the Bombers fans, congrats on signing
    the absolutely terrible Duncan O'Mahony after releasing the absolutely terrible Troy Westwood.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  6. #16
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Request to all American NFL Fans from a Canadian NFL fan

    do you think they might to better if they went somewhere like Calgary?

  7. #17
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Request to all American NFL Fans from a Canadian NFL fan

    Honest question becaue I am not sure. But isn't the CFL pretty much strapped for cash anyways? I thought that The CFL was pretty much headed to being gone if there was not some radical changes and interest made inn the league. This was one factor in the NFL having some games there so that more of the interent ion the NFL could be generated, and one reaspn why we have seen a big influx of "Big Name" NFL players getting deals for the CFL(Granted they were bust in the NFL, But you get the idea) IF the puush intp canada really dopes happen I see it more of absorbing the CFL, and putting it under the NFL umbrella either as expansion teams or using the CFL into the new NFL Euro,
    instead of just pushing it out.

  8. #18
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Request to all American NFL Fans from a Canadian NFL fan

    "Garland" wrote:
    Honest question becaue I am not sure. But isn't the CFL pretty much strapped for cash anyways? I thought that The CFL was pretty much headed to being gone if there was not some radical changes and interest made inn the league. This was one factor in the NFL having some games there so that more of the interent ion the NFL could be generated, and one reaspn why we have seen a big influx of "Big Name" NFL players getting deals for the CFL(Granted they were bust in the NFL, But you get the idea) IF the puush intp canada really dopes happen I see it more of absorbing the CFL, and putting it under the NFL umbrella either as expansion teams or using the CFL into the new NFL Euro,
    instead of just pushing it out.
    I think since the CFL infastructure already exists, the NFL will eventually absorb the CFL, filtering down to
    4-6 new teams for the NFL... that's just my opinion, but it seems to make the most sense.

    That, or the idea of mirroring the NFL Europe... but I don't think that will happen.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #19
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Request to all American NFL Fans from a Canadian NFL fan

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    do you think they might to better if they went somewhere like Calgary?
    No, it's a similar circumstance.
    The Stampeders are huge here (unlike the Argos in Toronto), but I think with most Canadian cities that have NHL franchises, hockey will always be #1.
    We don't have a large enough population (or stadium for that matter) to support an NFL franchise (at least Toronto has the facilities, somewhat)

    I don't think any other Canadian city other than Toronto could support the massive profits an NFL franchise is expected to produce (along with the 1+ billiion dollar stadium that would need to be built).
    I just don't think Toronto has shown it would be capable or willing to support and NFL franchise if it was even offered given their lackluster interest in football and competition from the NBA and NHL.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  10. #20
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Request to all American NFL Fans from a Canadian NFL fan

    "C" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Honest question becaue I am not sure. But isn't the CFL pretty much strapped for cash anyways? I thought that The CFL was pretty much headed to being gone if there was not some radical changes and interest made inn the league. This was one factor in the NFL having some games there so that more of the interent ion the NFL could be generated, and one reaspn why we have seen a big influx of "Big Name" NFL players getting deals for the CFL(Granted they were bust in the NFL, But you get the idea) IF the puush intp canada really dopes happen I see it more of absorbing the CFL, and putting it under the NFL umbrella either as expansion teams or using the CFL into the new NFL Euro,
    instead of just pushing it out.
    I think since the CFL infastructure already exists, the NFL will eventually absorb the CFL, filtering down to
    4-6 new teams for the NFL... that's just my opinion, but it seems to make the most sense.

    That, or the idea of mirroring the NFL Europe... but I don't think that will happen.
    The NFL absorbing the CFL has been brought up before.
    But I think most Canadians are vehemently opposed to the idea.
    Plus it would be very good for the NFL in terms of extending its revenue base, but bad for the CFL.
    Of course, if you really wanted to get a conspiracy theory going (just for you C Mac), then it would be a very good move for the NFL for the Bills to move to toronto - it could spur enough of an economic strain on the CFL to make its acquisition plausible.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why Aren't American Sports Fans More Violent?
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Canadian Fan
    By YogidAbEAR in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 08:11 PM
  3. Canadian dupe American media :)
    By ItalianStallion in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-12-2005, 04:24 AM
  4. American Idol fans?
    By enlvikeman in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 04:03 AM
  5. Another Canadian Fan Here
    By spin5150 in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 11:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •