Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Report: Quanis Phillips was shot, after confrontat

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/25/report-quanis-phillips-was-shot-after-confronatation-with-vick/

I can see this being blowing out of control. Don't see why people are blaming Vick. They guy threw a party, someone showed up unannounced and someone shot him. Why is Vick being painted as Tony Montana.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Re:Report: Quanis Phillips was shot, after confrontat

kevoncox wrote:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/25/report-quanis-phillips-was-shot-after-confronatation-with-vick/

I can see this being blowing out of control. Don't see why people are blaming Vick. They guy threw a party, someone showed up unannounced and someone shot him. Why is Vick being painted as Tony Montana.
    Because people, especially fans of rival teams, love to jump on a guy when he's down.Yeah, Vick did some bad stuff before, but from what the article reports, there's nothing there to indicate any responsibility on his part.

I suspect the "argument" was more about Vick trying to tell the guy to get lost than anything else. "You can't be here, dude!"

Well, I suppose we'll hear more about it. Probably LOTS more.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

People get shot at birthday parties all the time.
    Why the fuss?
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

jargomcfargo wrote:
    People get shot at birthday parties all the time.
    Why the fuss?
    It wasn't a Birthday party and I think that is what people don't understand. It was a Birthday event at a club. Basically, Vick was paid to host a party there on his Birthday. It happens all the time. So no one was sitting around eatting cake and ice cream. It's the way promoters fill clubs these days. A celebrity having a B-DAY contacts a club and shops around to see who will give him/her the best time ( money, free tables and champagne).
    As someone who takes pics at clubs in my off time, I can tell you this is a common practice.

You would think after all Vick has been through that he would stay away from those kinds of places.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

idahovikefan7 wrote:
    You would think after all Vick has been through that he would stay away from those kinds of places.
    yes, since dogfighting and having someone get shot at a party at a club they pay you to use your name for are two very similar things.....

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    idahovikefan7 wrote:
    yes, since dogfighting and having someone get shot at a party at a club they pay you to use your name for are two very similar things.....

Yes of course.. He ran a dog fighting ring.. Therefore he shouldn't go clubbing at all

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I'm going to withhold judgement until more of the facts come out.
    The fact that Vick is not to have any contact with the shooting victim, yet he's at the same club doesn't look good. Vick doesn't get the benefit of doubt.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Granted all the facts aren't out at this point but read this article an it paints a different picture to just a guy goint clubing.

Vick's Mistake: Having the Party in the First Place

Let's go through the reasons why:
    1. He knows he's on a short leash.

2. Helping to promote an event with open invitation is an invitation for problems. Even in my small midwest town, open invitations, alcohol, and minimal controls always led to a fist fight or two

3. Obviously there was minimal security since a guy manage to get a gun into the party.

4. He's expressedly told not to have ANY contact with known felons. Yet he has the party near his old neighborhood, which I imagine has his friends that are felons. Shacking hands violates his parole.

5. The guy that was shot was one of his co-defendants, which who were expressedly stated they were not to associate with eachother.

6. The facts are going to be blurred as I doubt anyone will provide info on what truly happened and Vicks whereabouts.

7. I'm sure Vick got some money for the event and I doubt it was $5 mill which he's risking.

I truly hope that Goodell throws the book at him. Vick obviously doesn't have a CLUE.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

V4L wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    idahovikefan7 wrote:

Yes of course.. He ran a dog fighting ring.. Therefore he shouldn't go clubbing at all
    He's on parole and is not to associate with any felons. Also, this isn't just clubbing, it's an event he promoted. NOT a golf tournament or other controlled environments, an open invitation birthday party at a club. BIG difference.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast