Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47
  1. #31
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,777
    Didn't Peterson play throw a sports hernia, finish the season then have surgery...Percy should have returned last season but team IR'd him.....when the lists are put up there like that, well I used to think Percy was pretty tough but he is just a shadow of Peterson tough

  2. #32
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    So that shows AP blew out his knee and never missed a game but Harvin had stomach cramps and missed half a season. lol
    When did Harvin ever miss half a season with stomach cramps?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #33
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Didn't he miss the same amount of games as Greg Jennings did in the last 3 years?
    Uh ... what does Greg Jennings missing time have anything to do with whether or not Percy Harvin is always hurt?

    And Percy Harvin fetched us a first rounder and more while Greg Jennings cost us nothing but cap room.

  4. #34
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    That's all I needed to hear since we are talking about those 2 players missing the same number of games, yet only 1 is called injury prone. BTW, migranes are about as much of an "injury" as cancer is.
    No, no, no ... you are confused .... WE are not talking about 2 players ... the thread title does not mention two players.

    Only ONE person decided to talk about two players.

    And ... BTW ... Greg Jennings has been called injury prone plenty of times ... the difference though ... he missed almost all the time he has missed in his career last season and he is not on the injury list every single week and missing practice constantly.

  5. #35
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    When did Harvin ever miss half a season with stomach cramps?
    It was sarcasm. But if you must how about he missed a big chunk of the season with a sore ankle while AP didnt miss a single game with a blown out knee and a sports hernia. Are you seriously trying to say Harvin and AP have been comparable in the way they handle injuries? if so I disagree. if not then the post was moot.

  6. #36
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I guess he's not the only one who is injury prone or banged up during games. Good thing he tore his ACL on the last game of the season rather than the first.

    Year Week NFL Team Injury Status Injury
    2007 11 Minnesota Vikings Out knee
    2007 12 Minnesota Vikings Questionable knee
    2007 13 Minnesota Vikings Probable knee
    2007 14 Minnesota Vikings Probable knee
    2008 3 Minnesota Vikings Questionable hamstring
    2008 4 Minnesota Vikings Questionable hamstring
    2009 3 Minnesota Vikings Probable back
    2009 7 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2009 12 Minnesota Vikings Questionable ankle
    2009 13 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2009 14 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle/foot
    2010 13 Minnesota Vikings Questionable ankle
    2010 14 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2010 15 Minnesota Vikings Questionable ankle
    2010 16 Minnesota Vikings Questionable knee
    2010 17 Minnesota Vikings Probable knee
    2011 4 Minnesota Vikings Probable calf
    2011 5 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2011 8 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2011 12 Minnesota Vikings Doubtful ankle
    2011 13 Minnesota Vikings Out ankle
    2011 14 Minnesota Vikings Questionable ankle
    2011 15 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2011 17 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve knee
    2011 18 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve knee
    2011 19 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve knee
    2011 20 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve knee
    2011 21 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve knee
    2012 1 Minnesota Vikings Questionable knee
    2012 2 Minnesota Vikings Probable knee
    2012 6 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2012 7 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2012 8 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2012 9 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2012 10 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle/illness
    2012 12 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2012 13 Minnesota Vikings Probable shoulder
    2012 15 Minnesota Vikings Probable abdomen
    2012 16 Minnesota Vikings Probable abdomen/groin
    2012 17 Minnesota Vikings Probable abdomen
    2012 18 Minnesota Vikings Probable abdomen

    Read more: Adrian Peterson Injury History
    Agreed. If a player gets a day off in practice they need to be on the injury report. Some people are simply always on there, even if not injured. Take a look at the Patriot's injury report sometime...
    I disagree. I am willing to bet more than 75% of players don't end up on it like Harvin did.

    Are we really going to bring the Patriots and Belecheat into this? I think we all know why their reports are like that.

  7. #37
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I guess he's not the only one who is injury prone or banged up during games. Good thing he tore his ACL on the last game of the season rather than the first.

    Year Week NFL Team Injury Status Injury
    2007 11 Minnesota Vikings Out knee
    2007 12 Minnesota Vikings Questionable knee
    2007 13 Minnesota Vikings Probable knee
    2007 14 Minnesota Vikings Probable knee
    2008 3 Minnesota Vikings Questionable hamstring
    2008 4 Minnesota Vikings Questionable hamstring
    2009 3 Minnesota Vikings Probable back
    2009 7 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2009 12 Minnesota Vikings Questionable ankle
    2009 13 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2009 14 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle/foot
    2010 13 Minnesota Vikings Questionable ankle
    2010 14 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2010 15 Minnesota Vikings Questionable ankle
    2010 16 Minnesota Vikings Questionable knee
    2010 17 Minnesota Vikings Probable knee
    2011 4 Minnesota Vikings Probable calf
    2011 5 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2011 8 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2011 12 Minnesota Vikings Doubtful ankle
    2011 13 Minnesota Vikings Out ankle
    2011 14 Minnesota Vikings Questionable ankle
    2011 15 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2011 17 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve knee
    2011 18 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve knee
    2011 19 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve knee
    2011 20 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve knee
    2011 21 Minnesota Vikings Injured Reserve knee
    2012 1 Minnesota Vikings Questionable knee
    2012 2 Minnesota Vikings Probable knee
    2012 6 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2012 7 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2012 8 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2012 9 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2012 10 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle/illness
    2012 12 Minnesota Vikings Probable ankle
    2012 13 Minnesota Vikings Probable shoulder
    2012 15 Minnesota Vikings Probable abdomen
    2012 16 Minnesota Vikings Probable abdomen/groin
    2012 17 Minnesota Vikings Probable abdomen
    2012 18 Minnesota Vikings Probable abdomen

    Read more: Adrian Peterson Injury History

    These injury reports aren't all telling. Many times it's used as a tool to throw other teams off. See Tom Brady.....
    Very true it also doesn't show how many times a guy ends up sitting in the 3rd and 4th quarter...
    Very good point.

  8. #38
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    It was sarcasm. But if you must how about he missed a big chunk of the season with a sore ankle while AP didnt miss a single game with a blown out knee and a sports hernia. Are you seriously trying to say Harvin and AP have been comparable in the way they handle injuries? if so I disagree. if not then the post was moot.
    Are you seriously trying to say AD is tougher because he didn't miss a single game because of a blown out knee? Do you think that it might have something to do with AD blowing out his knee on the last game of the season & not the first or 8th?

    If their injury dates were swapped would you be bragging that Harvin didn't miss a single game with his injury, but AD missed a half a season? Bet not.

    You throw a stat out there claiming that Harvin was injured or dinged up on 35-40 weeks during his career & when he played during most of those weeks you claim he can't handle injuries.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #39
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Like i said, if you think Harvin and AD are equal in the way they work through their injuries then I would disagree. If you think they are equals that is your right as a fan. But I would say you would be wrong.

  10. #40
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    It's like I've been saying, he's injury prone.
    Sucks to be a Seahawks fan today.
    well whilst injury prone may be a tad harsh it does seem that the Vikes took a chance when drafting him based on the medical exams taken at the Combine. If that was the case then it may now be that Seattle are starting to find that their 'used auto' is now starting to show signs of wear and tear
    Seahawks knew Percy Harvin's hip carried a risk
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •