"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    LMAO!

The poll on that page is:
    Who should ESPN have let go?

27% Theismann
    73% Kornheiser

Kornhole blows!
    He will be booted!
    I stopped watching MNF when Kornheiser's jibbering ruined a great family tradition.
    Now if the Vikes play, we will watch the game and listen to KFAN.

Man I hope so, I cant stand that guy, I used to like him originally on PTI (Maybe because Wilbon dominated him), but now I have gotten to the point that I just cant even stomach that show either.

Maybe when they boot him we could get lucky enough to have Keith Olberman booted from NBC's Sunday night coverage too.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Report: Kimmel banned from MNF

What a farce. I loathe Kornholer and the weak sauce celebrity interviews so much that I don't even watch MNF anymore unless there's a team ( ) that I just can't miss. Not that I ever cared for Theismann (let's face it; the guy is a complete douche), but Kornholer makes him look like a football mastermind.

Would it be so difficult to find football commentators who can speak intelligently and insightfully about football?

cripes.

VikingsMB is offline Pro-Bowler

"The" wrote:
    What a farce. I loathe Kornholer and the weak sauce celebrity interviews so much that I don't even watch MNF anymore unless there's a team ( ) that I just can't miss. Not that I ever cared for Theismann (let's face it; the guy is a complete douche), but Kornholer makes him look like a football mastermind.

Would it be so difficult to find football commentators who can speak intelligently and insightfully about football?

cripes.
    Although it was good entertainment watching Joe get obviously p*ssed off every time Korny spoke.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikingsMB" wrote:

I stopped watching MNF when Kornheiser's jibbering ruined a great family tradition.
    Must be a bit confusing with the time delay difference between the TV & the radio.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsMB" wrote:

Must be a bit confusing with the time delay difference between the TV & the radio.
    I used to work in a kitchen, and the time delay was actually a boon. I could hear the game on the radio, and anytime a big play happened (assuming we weren't completely slammed) I could walk off the line to watch the play live on TV. It was actually pretty sweet.

"The" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsMB" wrote:

I used to work in a kitchen, and the time delay was actually a boon. I could hear the game on the radio, and anytime a big play happened (assuming we weren't completely slammed) I could walk off the line to watch the play live on TV. It was actually pretty sweet.
    Sometimes you pick the lesser of two evils.
    And its only on Monday nights.
    I get all the Vikes games on the rabbit ears from North Dakota.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsMB" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsMB" wrote:

Now I know why my picture is so fuzzy

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "VikingsMB" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsMB" wrote:

Now I know why my picture is so fuzzy
    Welcome to my world.
    LOL

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsMB" wrote:

There usually isn't a time delay. I usually watch the Vikings game and listen to it on the radio. TV announcers are terrible. Every one of them. Paul Allen actually gets excited. For the Falcons game this year, there was a huge time delay though. When I listen though, there usually isn't.

"There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"happy" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsMB" wrote:

There usually isn't a time delay. I usually watch the Vikings game and listen to it on the radio. TV announcers are terrible. Every one of them. Paul Allen actually gets excited. For the Falcons game this year, there was a huge time delay though. When I listen though, there usually isn't.

Huh? Are you sure? There's been about a 5 second time delay ever since the Janet Jackson incident.

The problem, though, is that radio is broadcast live, while TV is delayed around 5 seconds.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07286/825008-30.stm

Many football fans mute the television and turn up the radio for the Sunday game because they prefer to listen to local play-by-play instead of national broadcasters. But with a time delay, many die-hard fans are unable to enjoy their game in the way they have come to know and love.
    http://media.www.dailyfreepress.com/media/storage/paper87/news/2004/09/23/Opinion/Staff.Editorial.Bared.Breast.Provokes.Fcc-728445.shtml

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast