Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Report: Jets won’t cut Favre

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Ok im confused on this un capped era

If we are going to no cap next year.. Would it matter if they keep him then for this year?
    The Jets have to be under the cap by Fed 27, every team has be below the cap number. How the Jets are gonna do it without releasing Favre is beyond me.

The cap really confuses me.. You always see teams with like -10 mill in cap.. Why is that?

Ugh im confused

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    So how do they intend to reduce their salary cap by $14+ million within the next 18 days?
    Pray about it?

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"V4L" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

If we are going to no cap next year.. Would it matter if they keep him then for this year?
    The Jets have to be under the cap by Fed 27, every team has be below the cap number. How the Jets are gonna do it without releasing Favre is beyond me.

The cap really confuses me.. You always see teams with like -10 mill in cap.. Why is that?

Ugh im confused
    2009 is the last year with a cap, unless they extend the CBA (which isn't likely).
    Teams don't have to spend to the salary cap, only the salary floor (which is i *think* 80some%).

This is one of the things that will go largely unoticed by most: when the cap goes away, so does the floor.
    Not only will you have Jerry Jones's out there spending their face off to buy a championship, you will have the Bidwell's going on the cheap.
    Thats when there will be a real possibility that you will see 45+ to 10 blow outs on a regular basis.
    :'(

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Ugh im confused
    2009 is the last year with a cap, unless they extend the CBA (which isn't likely).

Teams don't have to spend to the salary cap, only the salary floor (which is i *think* 80some%).

This is one of the things that will go largely unoticed by most: when the cap goes away, so does the floor.
    Not only will you have Jerry Jones's out there spending their face off to buy a championship, you will have the Bidwell's going on the cheap.
    Thats when there will be a real possibility that you will see 45+ to 10 blow outs on a regular basis.

Kinda like the Yankees have tried to buy a World Series win???
    LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2467
    First off, according to Myers, the Jets “are not going to cut Favre even though [new coach Rex] Ryan has yet to indicate whether he even wants him. That subject has not come up internally as the Jets begin their player evaluations after Ryan put together his staff last month. But [Jets GM Mike] Tannenbaum and [owner] Woody Johnson are adamant they want Favre back, so it’s not likely Ryan will fight them.”

gol 'darnit it!!!
    I was so looking forward to another six months of, "we should pick up farve" posts.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Ugh im confused

That is why I hate baseball. I really don't want to hate football.

Barack Obama is offline Starter

Bring him in!
    I can't stand this TJoke nonsense no more.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Ugh im confused

That is why I hate baseball. I really don't want to hate football.
    That's my biggest fear.
    The Salary Cap and Revenue Sharing mean so much more to the success of the NFL than most ever thought about.

Now not to totally debacle (as emmitt would say) this thread...

Keep believing the owner that says he is adamant about keeping favre for next year... a broken (by his own team Dr's assesments), fickle, 38 year old QB who takes up about 10.5% of his teams salary cap.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    So how do they intend to reduce their salary cap by $14+ million within the next 18 days?
    Pray about it?
    They will have to do a lot more than just pray (I posted this also in the Favre-to-Vikes thread too)

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html

New York Jets Salary Cap 2009

Woody is on crack if he thinks he is gonna have Favre on his roster come the 27th without seriously crippling his team.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Pray about it?
    They will have to do a lot more than just pray (I posted this also in the Favre-to-Vikes thread too)

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html

New York Jets Salary Cap 2009

Woody is on crack if he thinks he is gonna have Favre on his roster come the 27th without seriously crippling his team.
    I'd have to agree. If those numbers are close to accurate I don't see any way they can keep favre.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12