Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Report: Jets won’t cut Favre

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Ok im confused on this un capped era

    If we are going to no cap next year.. Would it matter if they keep him then for this year?
    The Jets have to be under the cap by Fed 27, every team has be below the cap number. How the Jets are gonna do it without releasing Favre is beyond me.

    The cap really confuses me.. You always see teams with like -10 mill in cap.. Why is that?

    Ugh im confused

  2. #12
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,906

    Re: Report: Jets won’t cut Favre

    "singersp" wrote:
    So how do they intend to reduce their salary cap by $14+ million within the next 18 days?
    Pray about it?

  3. #13
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Report: Jets won’t cut Favre

    "V4L" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Ok im confused on this un capped era

    If we are going to no cap next year.. Would it matter if they keep him then for this year?
    The Jets have to be under the cap by Fed 27, every team has be below the cap number. How the Jets are gonna do it without releasing Favre is beyond me.

    The cap really confuses me.. You always see teams with like -10 mill in cap.. Why is that?

    Ugh im confused
    2009 is the last year with a cap, unless they extend the CBA (which isn't likely).
    Teams don't have to spend to the salary cap, only the salary floor (which is i *think* 80some%).

    This is one of the things that will go largely unoticed by most: when the cap goes away, so does the floor.
    Not only will you have Jerry Jones's out there spending their face off to buy a championship, you will have the Bidwell's going on the cheap.
    Thats when there will be a real possibility that you will see 45+ to 10 blow outs on a regular basis.
    :'(


  4. #14
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Report: Jets won’t cut Favre

    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Ok im confused on this un capped era

    If we are going to no cap next year.. Would it matter if they keep him then for this year?
    The Jets have to be under the cap by Fed 27, every team has be below the cap number. How the Jets are gonna do it without releasing Favre is beyond me.

    The cap really confuses me.. You always see teams with like -10 mill in cap.. Why is that?

    Ugh im confused
    2009 is the last year with a cap, unless they extend the CBA (which isn't likely).

    Teams don't have to spend to the salary cap, only the salary floor (which is i *think* 80some%).

    This is one of the things that will go largely unoticed by most: when the cap goes away, so does the floor.
    Not only will you have Jerry Jones's out there spending their face off to buy a championship, you will have the Bidwell's going on the cheap.
    Thats when there will be a real possibility that you will see 45+ to 10 blow outs on a regular basis.
    :'(


    Kinda like the Yankees have tried to buy a World Series win???
    LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  5. #15
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,469

    Re: Report: Jets won’t cut Favre

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2467
    First off, according to Myers, the Jets “are not going to cut Favre even though [new coach Rex] Ryan has yet to indicate whether he even wants him. That subject has not come up internally as the Jets begin their player evaluations after Ryan put together his staff last month. But [Jets GM Mike] Tannenbaum and [owner] Woody Johnson are adamant they want Favre back, so it’s not likely Ryan will fight them.”

    gol 'darnit it!!!
    I was so looking forward to another six months of, "we should pick up farve" posts.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  6. #16
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Report: Jets won’t cut Favre

    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Ok im confused on this un capped era

    If we are going to no cap next year.. Would it matter if they keep him then for this year?
    The Jets have to be under the cap by Fed 27, every team has be below the cap number. How the Jets are gonna do it without releasing Favre is beyond me.

    The cap really confuses me.. You always see teams with like -10 mill in cap.. Why is that?

    Ugh im confused
    2009 is the last year with a cap, unless they extend the CBA (which isn't likely).

    Teams don't have to spend to the salary cap, only the salary floor (which is i *think* 80some%).

    This is one of the things that will go largely unoticed by most: when the cap goes away, so does the floor.
    Not only will you have Jerry Jones's out there spending their face off to buy a championship, you will have the Bidwell's going on the cheap.
    Thats when there will be a real possibility that you will see 45+ to 10 blow outs on a regular basis.
    :'(

    That is why I hate baseball. I really don't want to hate football.

  7. #17
    Barack Obama's Avatar
    Barack Obama is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    185

    Re: Report: Jets won’t cut Favre

    Bring him in!
    I can't stand this TJoke nonsense no more.

  8. #18
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Report: Jets won’t cut Favre

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Ok im confused on this un capped era

    If we are going to no cap next year.. Would it matter if they keep him then for this year?
    The Jets have to be under the cap by Fed 27, every team has be below the cap number. How the Jets are gonna do it without releasing Favre is beyond me.

    The cap really confuses me.. You always see teams with like -10 mill in cap.. Why is that?

    Ugh im confused
    2009 is the last year with a cap, unless they extend the CBA (which isn't likely).

    Teams don't have to spend to the salary cap, only the salary floor (which is i *think* 80some%).

    This is one of the things that will go largely unoticed by most: when the cap goes away, so does the floor.
    Not only will you have Jerry Jones's out there spending their face off to buy a championship, you will have the Bidwell's going on the cheap.
    Thats when there will be a real possibility that you will see 45+ to 10 blow outs on a regular basis.
    :'(

    That is why I hate baseball. I really don't want to hate football.
    That's my biggest fear.
    The Salary Cap and Revenue Sharing mean so much more to the success of the NFL than most ever thought about.


    Now not to totally debacle (as emmitt would say) this thread...

    Keep believing the owner that says he is adamant about keeping favre for next year... a broken (by his own team Dr's assesments), fickle, 38 year old QB who takes up about 10.5% of his teams salary cap.

  9. #19
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Report: Jets won’t cut Favre

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    So how do they intend to reduce their salary cap by $14+ million within the next 18 days?
    Pray about it?
    They will have to do a lot more than just pray (I posted this also in the Favre-to-Vikes thread too)

    http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html


    Quote
    New York Jets Salary Cap 2009

    Woody is on crack if he thinks he is gonna have Favre on his roster come the 27th without seriously crippling his team.

  10. #20
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Report: Jets won’t cut Favre

    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    So how do they intend to reduce their salary cap by $14+ million within the next 18 days?
    Pray about it?
    They will have to do a lot more than just pray (I posted this also in the Favre-to-Vikes thread too)

    http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html


    Quote
    New York Jets Salary Cap 2009

    Woody is on crack if he thinks he is gonna have Favre on his roster come the 27th without seriously crippling his team.
    I'd have to agree. If those numbers are close to accurate I don't see any way they can keep favre.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. NFL fines Jets for Favre coverup
    By snowinapril in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 01:18 PM
  2. MOVED: Report: Jets won’t cut Favre
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 05:53 PM
  3. Jets hold "Serious Talks" about Favre
    By CrazyVikingsFan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 03:12 PM
  4. Report: Jets Martin done for year, career in jeopardy
    By PurplePride80 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 11:46 AM
  5. Report: Jets ask Pennington to take massive pay cut
    By Jordan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 12:49 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •