Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jordan is offline Pro-Bowler

Report: Jets ask Pennington to take massive pay cut

http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=3704

Chris Mortensen reports on ESPN that the New York Jets have asked quarterback Chad Pennington to take a massive pay cut to a $1 million base salary with playing time incentives that would compensate for the remaining $8 million they owe him

Pennington is currently rehabbing from his second right shoulder surgery in two years and has been out since the third game of the 2005 season. He is due a $3 million roster bonus the first week of March.

As the Jets' starter he has a 15-6 record and a 102.9 passer rating when he's feeling no pain, an 8-12 mark and an 82.5 rating when he's injured or rehabbing from an injury

"SSSMMMOOTTT" & "Toine" will be the best CB combo in the NFL next year TRUST ME!!!

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: Report: Jets ask Pennington to take massive pay cut

If he gets cut, it would be a big gamble with injuries but he is a good QB when healty, look at 102,9 Rating, thats sick !

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I feel bad for that dude. He always seemed like a cool guy and had a lot going for him. I fear his career might be about over, atleast as a starter.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Oh, I'm sure THAT'S going to go well. I foresee the Jets drafting Cutler and getting rid of Pennington.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

I thought that this year was going to be his year to prove himself after injuries...and what did he do? Got injured again...lol. I'm not sure how many more chances he's going to get, but he'd dang well better make the best of his next one!
    ;-)

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

That is the sad thing about this rough sport.. You hate to see guys like Culpepper, Pennington, McNair, and McNabb go down to injuries. Especially when you don't know if they are going to be able to come back from them..

The way I see it, Pennington is for sure going to lose his starting spot, and could even be released. I say he tells the Jets to get bent, and collects every last cent that is owed to him.. He will never know if this is it for him..

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    That is the sad thing about this rough sport.. You hate to see guys like Culpepper, Pennington, McNair, and McNabb go down to injuries. Especially when you don't know if they are going to be able to come back from them..

The way I see it, Pennington is for sure going to lose his starting spot, and could even be released. I say he tells the Jets to get bent, and collects every last cent that is owed to him.. He will never know if this is it for him..
    Go Get Bent, is something I'de tell them also. Hell, he got hurt playing the game for them. Now they want him to take less money?

Isn't that what a big contract is all about, or part of it at least?

If you get hurt playing the game, we will take care of you.......

No wonder the Jets Suck.....

Almost as bad as a player getting injured and going in and asking for a raise before healed....ala Pepper.....

But I do hope C PeP comes back better than ever...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

What, he cme back so soon because the Jets needed him to play to win no they want him to take a pay cut, go figure.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

he should be taking a pay cut if he doesnt want to get cut. he will never have arm strength in his arm now after ripping it to shreads.

i guess we dont have to worry about playing the jets in the superbowl for a while. and we do get to play them next year, so theres an automatic win.
    We're bringing purple back.

Prophet Guest

Jets | Pennington declines pay cut

KFFL
    Jets | Pennington declines pay cut
    Fri, 17 Feb 2006 05:23:48 -0800

Ken Berger, of Newsday, reports New York Jets QB Chad Pennington's agent, Tom Condon, has rejected the Jets' proposal to slash the injured quarterback's base salary for 2006 to $1 million and force him to earn the remaining $8 million he is owed through incentives. The Jets have until Mar. 3 to decide if they can live with Pennington's current contract, negotiate a cap reduction or release him. The quarterback is due a $3 million roster bonus Mar. 3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast