Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    damoore73 is offline Waterboy

Re: Report: Bears to release Chester Taylor

he could easily return and pick up where he left off.
    None

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1089404
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089385
    Quote Originally Posted by "PurpleTide" #1089181
    The Bears would be foolish to let him go. Chester, J. Peppers, and dare I say it Mike Tice were big reasons the Bears had a great year. Chester is still a premier third down back, and I would welcome him back in a heartbeat.
    I'll give you Pepp but CT and Tice? Comeon my friend.

I'd say that Martz willingness to get TE's involved helped the OL more than Tice's coaching.
    LMAO!! The HC on record, and the players have all said that Tice was a great addition and a key part to turning that team around. But of course that doesn't matter to do, because it's all probably some PR bullshit right?

CT only had 267 yards rushing this year. When you look at someone like Sprooles, who had a off year with the same amount and half the carries, he really didn't do anything.

Heck, even Toby, who missed a few games, had more than he did.
    You are right in that CT did next to nothing for them. Anything he can do, Forte can do better. Forte is a good back, and underrated iMO. CT is an alright backup, but not worth the money they are paying him. If he came back here ahead of Toby, I'd be happy with that. If he didn't not a problem, we have Booker who I'd like to see more of anyway.
    Don't let facts get in the way of trying to make a point lol.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089399
    The Packers will probably pick him up. They are damn dangerous right now but adding a guy like him who can block, catch screens and provide a veteran presence in a young group like their RB's would be bad news for the NFC Norris division.

But IMHO he would be a perfect fit up there and would have the added benefit of sticking it to his previous 2 clubs 4x a year.
    I bet the PUKERs aren't even looking at him. Its not the way TT works.

He, like the Steelers, Pats etc, grows from within, not by going out and getting everybody's rejects.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

[quote="i_bleed_purple" #1089404]
    The Bears would be foolish to let him go. Chester, J. Peppers, and dare I say it Mike Tice were big reasons the Bears had a great year. Chester is still a premier third down back, and I would welcome him back in a heartbeat.

I'd say that Martz willingness to get TE's involved helped the OL more than Tice's coaching.
    LMAO!! The HC on record, and the players have all said that Tice was a great addition and a key part to turning that team around. But of course that doesn't matter to do, because it's all probably some PR bullshit right?
    Don't get me wrong. I never said once that Tice wasn't a good OL coach. Hell I liked him when he was on the staff both as a coach and as a player.

I'm just saying that Martz's use of the TE helped the OL more than the coaching did.

Quit running to the meatheads defense all the time and read what I actually post once. :P :P :P :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "damoore73" #1089435
    he could easily return and pick up where he left off.
    Who do you let loose?

I think the goal of this staff should be to populate the roster with as many "young" players that they can the next 2 years, retain some of the 2006, 2007 classes and move on with a focus of winning again in 2012/2013.

Bringing in old guys like CT would/will serve no purpose as he doesn't bring anymore production to the table than Toby did and Toby will only get better. CT will continue to decline.

Quote Originally Posted by "MaxVike" #1089401
    Truth is, the Bears paid WAY too much for CT... The Vikes were smart not to pay him that much, or, anything near. RE: Bears releasing him, to me, it's quite simple...they paid him too much, and, Forte is simply a much better option. RE: bringing him back, I would start with a vet minimum offer and see if he can beat out Booker...no guarantees.
    See, there still are a few who make "spreadsheet" worthy posts on PPO.

Only thing I disagree with is "Bringing him back" discussion point. He would take reps from the youngsters you are now trying to get into NFL game shape. Why hamper that effort especially when one of those youngsters was twice as productive, with less reps as CT was?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

[quote="Marrdro" #1089448]

Don't get me wrong. I never said once that Tice wasn't a good OL coach. Hell I liked him when he was on the staff both as a coach and as a player.

I'm just saying that Martz's use of the TE helped the OL more than the coaching did.

Quit running to the meatheads defense all the time and read what I actually post once. :P :P :P :P
    No, that's not what you said.

dare I say it Mike Tice were big reasons the Bears had a great year.
    So, PT said Tice was a big contributor to the bears good season, you say no. Perhaps, you should try this thing where you type what you mean, that way people don't take what you say as what you think.

CT only had 267 yards rushing this year. When you look at someone like Sprooles, who had a off year with the same amount and half the carries, he really didn't do anything.

Heck, even Toby, who missed a few games, had more than he did.
    You are right in that CT did next to nothing for them. Anything he can do, Forte can do better. Forte is a good back, and underrated iMO. CT is an alright backup, but not worth the money they are paying him. If he came back here ahead of Toby, I'd be happy with that. If he didn't not a problem, we have Booker who I'd like to see more of anyway.
    Midway through the season Tice came out in the press and said that he wished that the Bears would run the ball more. WHile this didnt lead to more production for CT, one could argue that Forte and the OL played much better down the stretch due to this.

By getting Martz off calling a pass play every down, and using the TE's more for pass catching (which isn't what Martz does), the Bears offense got more production late in the year. Tice can teach OL fundamentals and the Bears got better this year.

CT was a great part of the 09 Vikings, the Bears offered him too much for us to match, there is no question. All I am saying is that until we started using Booker late in the year, we struggled finding a guy who could effectively pick up the Blitz and leak out for key third down conversions.

I do not want to bring him back as I think that Booker is a good move toward youth. I just think that these two guys (Tice and Taylor) were key contributors to the Bears NFCCG run.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Not worth arguing over. CT is too expensive even at the veteran minimum. I would rather take a flyer on fresh legs in a later round, for less money. Although I believe we are ok at RB.

One thing I want to see changed in this organization is Wilf getting away from chasing and over-spending for free agents, in a win now or else gamble.

Childress the gambler is gone. Let's draft wisely,look for value only in free agency, and develop some patience.

Build a solid franchise from top to bottom instead of running off in some Daniel Snyderesque formula for eternal futility.

We need to do what successful franchises do.

I like what Chester did for us but he's a 'nonprogramatic fit' at this time in history I'm afraid.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089451
    Quote Originally Posted by "MaxVike" #1089401
    Truth is, the Bears paid WAY too much for CT... The Vikes were smart not to pay him that much, or, anything near. RE: Bears releasing him, to me, it's quite simple...they paid him too much, and, Forte is simply a much better option. RE: bringing him back, I would start with a vet minimum offer and see if he can beat out Booker...no guarantees.
    See, there still are a few who make "spreadsheet" worthy posts on PPO.

Only thing I disagree with is "Bringing him back" discussion point. He would take reps from the youngsters you are now trying to get into NFL game shape. Why hamper that effort especially when one of those youngsters was twice as productive, with less reps as CT was?
    Thanks Marr. I'm on board...balanced it with the 'no guarantees' qualifier. But, I was ok with letting CT go at the time, and have no issue whatsoever not bringing him back. Besides, Booker looks like a quicker, dynamic change up, to AD and Toby... I would like to see him more too.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast