Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Replacement Players

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we get Keanu Reeves and Jon Favreau.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1094300
    I wonder what would happen with season ticket owners if replacement players were brought in. I certainly don't want to pay full price to watch a bunch of has beens and never weres playing.
    Doubt anything will happen. When you buy tickets, you buy tickets to watch the Vikings, not the current Vikings players.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1094307
    I wonder what would happen with season ticket owners if replacement players were brought in. I certainly don't want to pay full price to watch a bunch of has beens and never weres playing.
    oh where's your sense of adventure... Raiders fans have been doing that for years :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    hahahaha! :laugh:

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094311
    Doubt anything will happen. When you buy tickets, you buy tickets to watch the Vikings, not the current Vikings players.
    Has anything official even been said about replacement players by the NFL? I have a hard time believing that in this day and age of the NFL they could even get away with something like that. As mentioned there is too much money involved to bring in amateurs. I just can't see it happening.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1094387
    Has anything official even been said about replacement players by the NFL? I have a hard time believing that in this day and age of the NFL they could even get away with something like that. As mentioned there is too much money involved to bring in amateurs. I just can't see it happening.
    Some of the highest paid players stepping onto the fields last year were amateurs (Rookies).

By the way, my only frame of reference is "Scab Football". Fans still paid to see that stuff.

On a side note, the first crack has been seen......

Rift Threatens NFL Union As 70 Players Hire Their Own Lawyers To Intervene In Lockout Talks

Gonna be interesting to see how this one plays out.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094397
    Some of the highest paid players stepping onto the fields last year were amateurs (Rookies).

By the way, my only frame of reference is "Scab Football". Fans still paid to see that stuff.

Rift Threatens NFL Union As 70 Players Hire Their Own Lawyers To Intervene In Lockout Talks

I saw that earlier also. Not a good sign for the players assoc. Not sure I understand why. the high profile players are doing a favor for the middle tier players by leading the charge. Remember last time, it was the stars that crossed first wasn't it?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1094401
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094397

I saw that earlier also. Not a good sign for the players assoc. Not sure I understand why. the high profile players are doing a favor for the middle tier players by leading the charge. Remember last time, it was the stars that crossed first wasn't it?
    You know, I don't remember which ones did cross first.

For some reason I want to say it was a QB who's replacement was doing fine but that is my memory talking and we all know how reliable that it is.

Edit: From our good friends at Wikki.....

However, the NFLPA failed to set up a strike fund to cover lost salaries. Fearing that the owners would cut off their annuities, 89 players crossed the picket line.

Among the most prominent players to immediately cross the line were New York Jets defensive end Mark Gastineau and Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Randy White.

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Joe Montana and Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Steve Largent later joined the replacement players and other strikebreakers.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12