Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Replacement Players

If the strike continues through the season, when and if do they decide to use replacement players?

Would the players that are drafted this year be considered as replacement players since they can't sign a contract until the strike is over?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Replacement Players

Hmmmmmm, good questions.......My opinion.....

a. As soon as they realize the players are not going to come off the "We want to be partners" stance. My guess, shortly (3 weeks) after the draft you will see teams starting to gear up for player auditions with auditions to be held just before the main effort of OTA's.

b. I am not sure about the rooks. My guess, because they are being drafted under the old CBA, they won't be able to be signed. Again, my guess.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "BadlandsVikings" #1094151
    If the strike continues through the season, when and if do they decide to use replacement players?

Would the players that are drafted this year be considered as replacement players since they can't sign a contract until the strike is over?
    A strike hasn't even started, the owners have locked out the players, if the owners want to bring in players they have to end there lockout before bring anyone comes in, now if they out source the league to say India, Pakistan or Mexico it could be different.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I am holding out hope for a reunion of Onterrio Smith, Daunte Culpepper and Koren Robinson.

I would buy season tickets for the metrodump if those 3 were back to light up the field again.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1094245
    I am holding out hope for a reunion of Onterrio Smith, Daunte Culpepper and Koren Robinson.

I would buy season tickets for the metrodump if those 3 were back to light up the field again.
    But what if it ends up being DJ Dozier, Surgeon Wynn and Troy Williamson :sick:

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1094252

I guess as long as you throw in Jamarcus Russell at QB and Erasmus James and Demitrius Underwood on the defensive side I think I could roll with that.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1094252

Don't forget our favourite OT Mike Rosenthal!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I wonder what would happen with season ticket owners if replacement players were brought in. I certainly don't want to pay full price to watch a bunch of has beens and never weres playing.

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1094300
    I wonder what would happen with season ticket owners if replacement players were brought in. I certainly don't want to pay full price to watch a bunch of has beens and never weres playing.
    I don't think fans that had to pay for PSL's to get their season tickets would be happy either or networks that paid more than a billion dollars for the rights to show the games and now have issues selling the advertising time for a second rate product. I think the press from the networks will porbably stop the us of replacement players as they weren't happy with how things turned out last time.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1094300
    oh where's your sense of adventure... Raiders fans have been doing that for years :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast