Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reggie Bush

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Reggie Bush

I think Bush is quicker than Harvin, but Harvin is a better player.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095562
    Percy Harvin is one of the fastest players around so if Reggie Bush happens to be faster than Harvin then we are talking about a hundredth of a second or something. That's nothing. If you are gonna make speed an arguments it's a bad thing to compare two of perhaps the top 10 fastest players in the NFL.

Btw, I'd take Harvin over Bush.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1095576
    Percy Harvin is one of the fastest players around so if Reggie Bush happens to be faster than Harvin then we are talking about a hundredth of a second or something. That's nothing. If you are gonna make speed an arguments it's a bad thing to compare two of perhaps the top 10 fastest players in the NFL.

I'm talking quickness, not Speed.

Bush might be the quickest player in the league. Harvin is definitely top-5.

HEY
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095578

If we're talking quickness then they are even closer in my opinion. The thing that opened my eyes for Percy Harvin before we drafted him was his first steps acceleration. I honestly can't remember seeing a player with faster first 3-4 steps than Harvin.

On the other hand, if by quickness you include juke moves and such then Reggie Bush is better no doubt. Harvin is actually a bit of a bruiser. I love how he plays so aggressive for his size, like a mini AD.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1095700

If we're talking quickness then they are even closer in my opinion. The thing that opened my eyes for Percy Harvin before we drafted him was his first steps acceleration. I honestly can't remember seeing a player with faster first 3-4 steps than Harvin.

On the other hand, if by quickness you include juke moves and such then Reggie Bush is better no doubt. Harvin is actually a bit of a bruiser. I love how he plays so aggressive for his size, like a mini AD.
    I'm talking juke moves and change of direction. When it comes to that, there is no better player in any league.

Bush dominated quality teams in the pros doing that. Percy did too, but mostly relied on his speed and toughness.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095553
    Bush won't get his money, and I don't want him here.

Bush being out there means Peterson isn't. Peterson is a far bigger weapon than Bush is.

Unless he was brought in purely as a third down back and punt returner, which I wouldn't be opposed to.

That's what I was referring to when I said utility player. He would be great to have in obvious passing situations. With all the uncertainty of Harvin playing with his migraine issues, Bush would give us a little stability.

Plus, if you were to put both Peterson and Bush in the backfield, the defense would be forced to play run/pass equally. That in theory would give Peterson bigger lanes to run in.

Again, I wouldn't pay too much money for him, but at the right price I think he would be a great addition.

HEY
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095703
    Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1095700

I'm talking juke moves and change of direction. When it comes to that, there is no better player in any league.

Bush dominated quality teams in the pros doing that. Percy did too, but mostly relied on his speed and toughness.
    Then we agrees after-all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12