Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I agree for the most part. However, to respond to #1 - It was called a TD, therefore it is not a challengable play. TDs and turnovers are automatically reviewed, so they are not challengable. So yes, he should have known.

I really think this rule is flawed. I can understand the 15 yard penalty, but making the play no longer under review is stupid. Seriously, I would just throw the flag every time I got a potentially questionable TD or a turnover just to ensure that it stood. I would take the 15 yards every time. This rule needs to be change immediately.
    Agreed, the rule is flawed. The refs have always been visually impaired; it's a prerquisite for the job!
    What a game though, especially in overtime.
    The Texans appear vulnerable and could end up one and done if they don't get it together. That J J Swatt is amazing and Suh is still Suh.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Rules are rules

But they might change it soon:
    NFL considering in-season change of challenge rule - NFL.com

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Well to be fair Thanksgiving wouldn't be the same without the Lions managing lose at home by one means or another
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Good. Schwartz should know the rules. He was a dickhead to Harbaugh last year after Harbaugh made a rookie mistake and challenged an unchallengable play and got flagged for it. Schwartz then yelled "Know the rules!" or something to the effect of it. Sure it was a bad miss by the officials but the Lions still had chances to win it after. We have gotten screwed by the refs plenty of times and have just been told to overcome the mistakes, so I have no pity for them. Plus they're a team full of douchebags so they deserve it.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    Well to be fair Thanksgiving wouldn't be the same without the Lions managing lose at home by one means or another
    The Lions last Thanksgiving Day win was 9 years ago when they beat the Packers.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    The Lions last Thanksgiving Day win was 9 years ago when they beat the Packers.
    To be fair, they didn't have too many easy opponents during that stretch.

2003 W (3-8) Lions vs (5-6) Packers
    2004 L (4-6) Lions vs (7-3) Colts
    2005 L (4-6) Lions vs (6-4) Falcons
    2006 L (2-8) Lions vs (4-6) Dolphins
    2007 L (6-4) Lions vs (9-1) Packers
    2008 L (0-11) Lions vs (10-1) Titans
    2009 L (2-8) Lions vs (6-4) Packers
    2010 L (2-8) Lions vs (8-2) Patriots
    2011 L (7-3) Lions vs (10-0) Packers
    2012 L (4-6) Lions vs (9-1) Texans

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Coaches are briefed on that very rule before every game. Plus EVERY TD and turnover are automatically reviewed- only a moron (or an overly emotional lunkhead) would throw a challenge flag in that situation. Sure the rule is stupid and will probably be changed, but coaches are paid to react to game situations rationally, not go off hell bent. Even commentators screw up the fact that all touchdowns and turnovers are automatically reviewed. Come on man!

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    So what you're saying is, if Schwartz gave half of his emotion to Frazier we'd have 2 emotionally normal coaches?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12