Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Re: REF'S GOTTA GET THE FORCE OUT CALL BETTER

The Browns caught a break when Braylon Edwards caught the ball, a Cardinal tripped him up by hitting his leg, causing Edwards to fall to the ground, when Edwards got to his feet and ran to the end zone. The review failed to reverse the call, giving the Browns a TD they really didn't deserve.

The force-out should have been called as well. They should allow force-outs to be reviewed.

Go Vikings!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

My kid could have called that force out.........It's a shame to see a team lose a game that way....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

There were a few calls yesterday that had me scratching my slightly balding head, however,......

I just don't like to blame a loss on the Refs.

If it really comes down to one play in the game costing you the game, you really weren't dominating that team.
    In other words, one blown call should be erased by a heck of alot of good play by the team.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    The Browns caught a break when Braylon Edwards caught the ball, a Cardinal tripped him up by hitting his leg, causing Edwards to fall to the ground, when Edwards got to his feet and ran to the end zone. The review failed to reverse the call, giving the Browns a TD they really didn't deserve.

The force-out should have been called as well. They should allow force-outs to be reviewed.
    Agreed that the Browns lucked out on that call with Edwards.
    I was rooting for the Browns for obvious reasons but I was miffed when the refs couldn't get it right even after seeing the replay.

As far as the force out call that was terrible as well.
    I thought the same thing when Poole caught the pass how was that in bounds and this out?
    I like the idea where you take the human error out of the game on this one.
    If a player catches the ball and is pushed out before getting 2 feet down (as long as its not PI) it should be an incomplete pass.
    That way there's no "judgement call" that wins and loses games.
    The way it is now IMO is a terrible rule.
    Too many problems.
    Instead of taking the time to stop players from celebrating after a TD or supposedly spiking a ball after a play, they should look into plays like this that really make a difference.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    There were a few calls yesterday that had me scratching my slightly balding head, however,......

If it really comes down to one play in the game costing you the game, you really weren't dominating that team.
    In other words, one blown call should be erased by a heck of alot of good play by the team.

You suprise me with that statement Marr.....

How many coachs preach the fact that
    " we are always just a play away from a win ".....That one play that can make the difference.......How many games have been won or lost on that last play of the game?....

Thats one of the wonderfull things about this game, you can play like crap for 4 long quarters and pull out a win with that last good play.

But the refs make us miss out on many of those also, by having their heads up their asses......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

You suprise me with that statement Marr.....

How many coachs preach the fact that
    " we are always just a play away from a win ".....That one play that can make the difference.......How many games have been won or lost on that last play of the game?....

Thats one of the wonderfull things about this game, you can play like crap for 4 long quarters and pull out a win with that last good play.

But the refs make us miss out on many of those also, by having their heads up their dimply buttocks......
    I hear ya Ned, but in my heart I know that if a team goes out and dominates (as we did yesterday) and we get a bad call (as we did yesterday) it should have no ill affect on the outcome of a game.

If we are in games (like we were early on in the season) and we are only loosing by 3 points, then I can see your point, however, it isn't the missed play by the ref that cost of the game (big picture) but our poor play that lead us to be in the predicament that we are behind or up by 3.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    I think they should make it so a push out doesn't count as a catch. I figure, this is the NFL, the best of the best. If you can push a reciever out before his feet hit, it shouldn't count. But as the rule stands now, the vikes and browns have been screwed by this. In fact, that's why I hate the cardinals. I used to root for them, then that push out bs that screwed us out of the playoffs, ever since, I hate the cardinals.
    You aren't alone.
    Vice President of NFL Officiating Mike Pereira has said the same several times in the past.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12