Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    vikesfargo's Avatar
    vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    600

    Re: REF'S GOTTA GET THE FORCE OUT CALL BETTER

    The Browns caught a break when Braylon Edwards caught the ball, a Cardinal tripped him up by hitting his leg, causing Edwards to fall to the ground, when Edwards got to his feet and ran to the end zone. The review failed to reverse the call, giving the Browns a TD they really didn't deserve.

    The force-out should have been called as well. They should allow force-outs to be reviewed.


    Go Vikings!

  2. #12
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: REF'S GOTTA GET THE FORCE OUT CALL BETTER

    My kid could have called that force out.........It's a shame to see a team lose a game that way....




    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: REF'S GOTTA GET THE FORCE OUT CALL BETTER

    There were a few calls yesterday that had me scratching my slightly balding head, however,......

    I just don't like to blame a loss on the Refs.

    If it really comes down to one play in the game costing you the game, you really weren't dominating that team.
    In other words, one blown call should be erased by a heck of alot of good play by the team.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: REF'S GOTTA GET THE FORCE OUT CALL BETTER

    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    The Browns caught a break when Braylon Edwards caught the ball, a Cardinal tripped him up by hitting his leg, causing Edwards to fall to the ground, when Edwards got to his feet and ran to the end zone. The review failed to reverse the call, giving the Browns a TD they really didn't deserve.

    The force-out should have been called as well. They should allow force-outs to be reviewed.
    Agreed that the Browns lucked out on that call with Edwards.
    I was rooting for the Browns for obvious reasons but I was miffed when the refs couldn't get it right even after seeing the replay.


    As far as the force out call that was terrible as well.
    I thought the same thing when Poole caught the pass how was that in bounds and this out?
    I like the idea where you take the human error out of the game on this one.
    If a player catches the ball and is pushed out before getting 2 feet down (as long as its not PI) it should be an incomplete pass.
    That way there's no "judgement call" that wins and loses games.
    The way it is now IMO is a terrible rule.
    Too many problems.
    Instead of taking the time to stop players from celebrating after a TD or supposedly spiking a ball after a play, they should look into plays like this that really make a difference.

  5. #15
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: REF'S GOTTA GET THE FORCE OUT CALL BETTER

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    There were a few calls yesterday that had me scratching my slightly balding head, however,......

    I just don't like to blame a loss on the Refs.

    If it really comes down to one play in the game costing you the game, you really weren't dominating that team.
    In other words, one blown call should be erased by a heck of alot of good play by the team.









    You suprise me with that statement Marr.....





    How many coachs preach the fact that
    " we are always just a play away from a win ".....That one play that can make the difference.......How many games have been won or lost on that last play of the game?....





    Thats one of the wonderfull things about this game, you can play like crap for 4 long quarters and pull out a win with that last good play.


    But the refs make us miss out on many of those also, by having their heads up their asses......


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  6. #16
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: REF'S GOTTA GET THE FORCE OUT CALL BETTER

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    There were a few calls yesterday that had me scratching my slightly balding head, however,......

    I just don't like to blame a loss on the Refs.

    If it really comes down to one play in the game costing you the game, you really weren't dominating that team.
    In other words, one blown call should be erased by a heck of alot of good play by the team.









    You suprise me with that statement Marr.....





    How many coachs preach the fact that
    " we are always just a play away from a win ".....That one play that can make the difference.......How many games have been won or lost on that last play of the game?....





    Thats one of the wonderfull things about this game, you can play like crap for 4 long quarters and pull out a win with that last good play.


    But the refs make us miss out on many of those also, by having their heads up their dimply buttocks......
    I hear ya Ned, but in my heart I know that if a team goes out and dominates (as we did yesterday) and we get a bad call (as we did yesterday) it should have no ill affect on the outcome of a game.

    If we are in games (like we were early on in the season) and we are only loosing by 3 points, then I can see your point, however, it isn't the missed play by the ref that cost of the game (big picture) but our poor play that lead us to be in the predicament that we are behind or up by 3.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #17
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: REF'S GOTTA GET THE FORCE OUT CALL BETTER

    "FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    I think they should make it so a push out doesn't count as a catch. I figure, this is the NFL, the best of the best. If you can push a reciever out before his feet hit, it shouldn't count. But as the rule stands now, the vikes and browns have been screwed by this. In fact, that's why I hate the cardinals. I used to root for them, then that push out bs that screwed us out of the playoffs, ever since, I hate the cardinals.
    You aren't alone.
    Vice President of NFL Officiating Mike Pereira has said the same several times in the past.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Force out rule removed!
    By NodakPaul in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 02:09 PM
  2. NFL Replay: Force Out
    By patistheman in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 03:57 PM
  3. Phantom Holding call and BONEHEAD CALL
    By hovan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 10:47 PM
  4. red sox force a game 7
    By pudgesoprano in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-20-2004, 09:22 PM
  5. Ref's and change of scenery?
    By DoubleDown11 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2003, 10:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •