Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Redskins Zorn shorn of play-calling duties

WASHINGTON — Jim Zorn, head coach of the struggling Washington Redskins, [size=10pt]said on Monday he was complying with a directive to turn over play-calling duties t[/size]o recently hired assistant Sherman Lewis.

Zorn said the National Football League team's front office "strongly suggested" that he hand over the reponsibility, and he agreed "because I want to stay here and win.

"Sometimes we have to do things that are uncomfortable," Zorn said.

Zorn got the news in a meeting [size=10pt]with front office chief Vinny Cerrato [/size] at the stadium following Sunday's 14-6 loss to the previously winless Kansas City Chiefs.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iX5zV4ykFDu_AEnQCzjLRq0WFd5w]
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...nQCzjLRq0WFd5w
    Marrdro's comments follow:

Alright, I gotta have help here.
    If I were to follow what most of you are trying to convince me of, and that is that the HC is in charge, how then can he be told to give up his play calling duties.......

I've struggled with this all day and have almost scratched my slightly balding head bald over this but for some reason I just can't rationalize that in my head.

Maybe, just maybe, the GM is in charge......... :

Key Note:
    Additionally, I asked in another thread, how many of you chuckleheads that were trying to convince me Zorn was a better HC than the Chiller still want to try with that tact?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    ;D

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Redskins Zorn shorn of play-calling duties

Lol good work Marr

"V4L" wrote:
    Lol good work Marr
    Thanks my friend.
    Thing of it is, I know who they were and they know I know who they were.
    Just like the Rice thing, bet none of them man up.......

(Key Note:
    V, one of the best posters on the site, manned up on El Syd by the way).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I love Sid he was always one of my favorite players

I was waiting for him to break out.. He certainly has stepped up his game

Was just waiting for that cat to get some balls thrown his way and to stay healthy!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I watched Zorn's interview and give him accolades for having the fortitude to take responsibility for their lackluster offense in the days of nonaccountability when it's always someone elses fault.
    He flat-out took the blame in the post-game interview, as any HC should rather than passing the blame to everyone but themselves....even if it is true.
    A leader accepts responsibility.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    I watched Zorn's interview and give him accolades for having the fortitude to take responsibility for their lackluster offense in the days of nonaccountability when it's always someone elses fault.
    He flat-out took the blame in the post-game interview, as any HC should rather than passing the blame to everyone but themselves....even if it is true.
    A leader accepts responsibility.
    I give him props as well, however, one has to think to oneself, how much credibility does he really have at this point?

I don't agree with the talking heads much, however, on this one I am gonna get on thier bus.
    Looks like he is just parroting what the GM (the real guy in charge by the way) wants him to say as the interim HC gets ready to take over after the bye week.

Come to think of it, I would probably have given him bigger props if he would have had a thought of his own and told the GM (the real guy in charge by the way) to pack sand and quit on the spot.