Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Redskins suddenly look weak

I don't want you guys to think I'm being negative, I'm just not one of those fans who picks my team to win all 16 games.

I HATE picking against the Vikings, but at the same time I pick who I REALLY think will win each game, not who I WANT to win.

With that said, I'm almost positive that we will start off 0-2.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Prophet Guest

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    ...With that said, I'm almost positive that we will start off 0-2.
    If the Vikings start off 1-2 and continue to grow they will be in good shape.
    Like I said in a different thread, I wouldn't be surprised with a 0-3 start.
    It will be fine, with the exception of warding off the myopic 'the sky is falling' fans that will permeate the site.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think we will play the skins very well, and we do stand a chance at beating them.
    but in my predictions for the year, I still chalk them up as a loss for the Vikes.

A lot of this talk has been made about Clinton Portis playing (or not), and the new talent at WR for Washington... but that isn't where my concern lies.
    Our defense is really the shining star on the Vikes this year, so I don't their offense will be able to do much against us.

Unfortunately, they won't have to do much.
    Washington's defense is very, very good, and our offense, while efficient and low on mistakes, is not going to put a lot of points up on the board.

It will be a good game.
    I hope the Vikes win, but won't be surprised if we don't.
    I still stand by my prediction of starting 3-4 or 2-5 this season.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet Guest

On a related note...

KFFL
    Redskins | Running backs have different reaction to Duckett trade
    Thu, 24 Aug 2006 06:10:12 -0700

The Washington Post reports when the Washington Redskins' reserve running backs heard the news that the team had acquired RB T.J. Duckett from the Atlanta Falcons their reactions were largely the same. They wavered between shock, anger and frustration, but head coach Joe Gibbs said Wednesday, Aug. 23, that all will make the final roster and contribute this season. Duckett joins a crowded backfield with franchise RB Clinton Portis, who is recovering from a partially dislocated left shoulder and RBs Ladell Betts and Rock Cartwright. Gibbs said he had extensive meetings with the other tailbacks, believes all the runners can coexist and maintained that the trade was not completed solely as a precaution in case Portis' injury lingers.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

I think we're going to start the season 2-1. I know, I know, I'm crazy, but I have a gut feeling we'll start off really strong. Unfortunately, I see us losing a game or two during the season that we shouldn't lose, like maybe to the lions of something. You can think me crazy, but sometimes I get hunches, and this is one. Sorry, Prophet, for taking your job for the day...
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

I think we'll be okay in that game. Childress has played a couple of games against Gibbs and many at this field. Our D should silence their sleepy offense and BJ will be able to find people open with their shaky DBs.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

The fact of the matter is.. with Portis they are better. Without Portis we are better. As I said before, portis is the X factor. Without portis they are a below average offense.

Prophet Guest

"Braddock" wrote:
    I think we're going to start the season 2-1. I know, I know, I'm crazy, but I have a gut feeling we'll start off really strong. Unfortunately, I see us losing a game or two during the season that we shouldn't lose, like maybe to the lions of something. You can think me crazy, but sometimes I get hunches, and this is one. Sorry, Prophet, for taking your job for the day...
    ;D What job is that?
    Prophetic statements that are incorrect?

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Portis is indeed thier X factor.If hes out when we play them, I think we have a great chance of beating them.Betts and Duckette IMO are not talented every down NFL backs.If the Skins got Duckette for more then goal line situations, thier in for a rude awakeaning.Thier offense has been TERRIBLE this preseason, and while its only preseason...you wanna see your starters do a little better then Washington's have done so far.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Losing a starting LB, WR, and S, we suddenly look weak as well. To say the Redskins have lost key players while ignoring the key players we have lost is stupid.

If you pair that with the fact that our O-Line still needs to show improvement, and that we our on the road against a playoff team with 9 new starters playing together for the first time when it counts, and the odds are definetly stacked against. We certainly CAN beat them, and I think it will be a close game, but if we lose I won't be as disappointed as I was against the Bucs last year.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast