Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: RedSkins sean taylor in critical condition after being shot last nite

Really hope he is okay. This would be a terrible way to go.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    This is crazy. I knew he were considered somewhat of a bad boy. But this is just crazy.

I hope he'll be alright, but this will probably be it for the rest of his season

This is terrible,
    my prayers go out to him and his family.....He may be a bad boy, but I love his play on the field.
    He's one hell of a baller.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

People are just dumb these days, I hope he makes a full recovery he is a badass Safety

*SKOL!*

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

WOW! My prayers are with him and his family. I agree with the other posters saying he is an amazing athlete, and an amazing competitor. He may have had some off field issues, but this sounds like a freak deal. These are sad stories to hear and really bring a sense of reality to the NFL Star's life. People think these athletes are "untouchable", but they deal with the same issues all of us do. God Bless you Sean!
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

Json is offline GM

Groin does not mean nuts.

It says his femoral artery was struck(femoral as in femur, the big bone in your upper leg), and last time I checked my femur isn't going through my sack.
    Thanks for the clear up, I was a little confused about exactly where he was hit, but I heard groin and assumed nuts.
    This defenitly puts an end to his season this year, the real question will be is he going to be ready next season?
    I would imagine so, but something like this is no easy obstacle to over come.
    At this point it's hard to say the guy even survives.
    I would assume his chances have highly increased being that it happened about 1:30 am last night Eastern time and it's now about 1:30pm eastern time giving the hospital about 12 hours to figure out what to do with him and get the bleeding under control.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Json" wrote:
    Groin does not mean nuts.

It says his femoral artery was struck(femoral as in femur, the big bone in your upper leg), and last time I checked my femur isn't going through my sack.
    Thanks for the clear up, I was a little confused about exactly where he was hit, but I heard groin and assumed nuts.
    This defenitly puts an end to his season this year, the real question will be is he going to be ready next season?
    I would imagine so, but something like this is no easy obstacle to over come.
    At this point it's hard to say the guy even survives.
    I would assume his chances have highly increased being that it happened about 1:30 am last night Eastern time and it's now about 1:30pm eastern time giving the hospital about 12 hours to figure out what to do with him and get the bleeding under control.
    Season or career is not the issue. He guy might be dead.

Absolutely horrible news.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

COOLEY SAYS TAYLOR IN COMA AFTER SURGERY
    by Michael David Smith

Redskins tight end Chris Cooley told the media that his teammate, safety Sean Taylor, is in a coma after six hours of surgery today.

Per Jason La Canfora of the Washington Post, Cooley said that the latest update he heard about Taylor's condition was that Taylor spent six hours in surgery after being rushed to the hospital with a gunshot wound and is now in a coma.

"It's a tough thing right now," Cooley said. "I feel for so sorry for Sean and his family."

Cooley said that Santana Moss's mother is at Miami's Jackson Memorial Hospital, where Taylor was taken after he was shot, and that Moss's mom gave the team an update from there. Moss and Taylor both grew up in Miami and played at the University of Miami.

La Canfora reports that Redskins owner Daniel Snyder read a brief statement:

"On behalf of the Redskins, the players and everyone here at the Redskins, our hearts and prayers go out to Sean and his family. Myself and a group of Redskins are on our way to Miami. I really don't have any details other than what everyone else has been reading and reporting ...Our hearts and prayers are with Sean and his family."
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2007/11/sean-taylor-sho.html
    "He's had surgery and he's out of it now. I'm not sure if he's going to have other procedure. But from what I hear he may not be able to play again. They think his career is over. He lost too much blood and apparently it affected his brain some. It just doesn't sound good and its going to be a long road back to recovery."
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

This isn't good, I hope he makes a quick recovery.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Tells me a couple of things,
    one:
    He was shot in the groin and was hit in a major artery.
    The artery he was hit in, can bleed you out and kill you in minutes.......

Two:
    They are are not saying it yet, but I bet he arrived at the hospital already dead and on artifical life support.

Three: If he's in a coma now, more than likely he's on life supporting devices also.
    This is not good.....

In the end, I belive he is going to be taken off this support and go to meet his maker in peace..

This is truly a sad situation for him, family, friends, fans, and team mates....

I pray for a mirical, for him.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast