Prophet Guest

Redskins | Portis will not play Week 2

KFFL
    [img width=40 height=20]http://www.kffl.com/images/hot_sign.jpg[/img] Redskins | Portis will not play Week 2
    Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:48:33 -0700

ESPNews reports Washington Redskins RB Clinton Portis (shoulder) will not play in Week 2.

================================================== =

POSTED 3:34 p.m. EDT, September 15, 2006
    PORTIS OUT FOR SUNDAY
    pft.com

Redskins coach Joe Gibbs said on Friday that running back Clinton Portis won't play on Sunday night against the Cowboys, despite the fact that he played on Monday night against the Vikings.

"He didn't practice [Friday]," Gibbs said.
    "If a guy doesn't practice, he's not going to play."

Portis was downgraded from questionable to doubtful on the injury report.
    Gibbs cited lingering soreness from the tailback's participation in the Monday night loss to Minnesota.

Portis had 10 carries for 39 yards and a touchdown in the season opener.
    He also caught two passes for 11 yards.

"It's really just because of soreness," Gibbs said. "Actually, it's in a different spot in his shoulder.
    He's got some soreness there that lingered and kept him from practicing this week."

The move, however, was news to Portis.
    "I didn't know the decision had been made," Portis said. "I thought it was a game-time decision.
    As of now, my bag's packed and ready to go to Dallas, unless they come and tap me on the shoulder in the near future and tell me I ain't going."

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Redskins | Portis will not play Week 2

Yeah, we've heard this before.

Prophet Guest

Re: Redskins | Portis will not play Week 2

KFFL
    Redskins | Once again Portis and Gibbs differ on his injury status
    Sat, 16 Sep 2006 06:04:49 -0700

Howard Bryant, of the Washington Post, reports for the second consecutive week, Washington Redskins RB Clinton Portis (shoulder) and head coach Joe Gibbs have a difference of opinion regarding Portis' playing status. "He didn't practice, so we'll probably downgrade him," Gibbs said Friday, Sept. 15. "It's really just because of soreness. We haven't been able to get the soreness out. It's actually in a different spot in his shoulder. I think it's an issue where he's got some soreness that lingered and kept him from practicing this week, so we'll downgrade him." After practice, Portis expressed surprise when informed that he could be kept out of the team's Week 2 game. "I can't do anything but tell you to wait until Sunday. This bag is going to Dallas," Portis said. "We've seen some miracle days happen. This isn't a situation for me not to be playing." Portis said he felt that the Redskins coaches assumed he felt worse physically than last week.