Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bears & Redskins to swap 1st round picks

"PsychoViking" wrote:
    It was reported on N FL Network that the Bears and Redskins are in talks to swap first round picks this year.
    The Bears would send Lance Briggs and the 31st pick in this years draft to the Redskins for the 6th pick in the 1st round.
    IMO this puts the screws to the Vikings.....yet another thing to make this possibly the worst off-season in the history of the Minnesota Vikings.
    The Bears will be able to jump in front of the Vikings and selct a player that the Vikings may have targeted for the 7th pick.
    It is now imparitive that the Vikings [glow=red,2,300]MUST[/glow] make a move in the 1st round to acquire more picks to help bolster a roster that is void of offensive skill postion players (WR & TE).
    A.
    Link?

B.
    This is not a Vikings story, so this is in the incorrect forum.

C.
    Even if, by adding your "imparitive(sic)" to the message, you've made it a Vikings-related post, it's still in the wrong forum.

D.
    As I've said in a hundred posts - the Vikings cannot make a trade magically happen just because you, I or a million other Vikings fans may want them to make a trade.
    It takes two partners and both need to feel like they are getting something of value in return.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Redskins offer 1st rounder for Lance Briggs!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    WOW!!!
    Both teams would be better off doing this deal...the Bears are now probably eyeing Brady Quinn as Grossman's replacement!
    Yeah - I can see why the Bears would want to replace their QB who led them to a Super Bowl in what was, truly, his first full season as a starter.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    Yikes, even if Calvin Johnson did fall past the bucs, the bears would now be ahead of us....I hope they don't do it.
    That won't be happening, and even if it did, you'd think we'd have the brains to trade up to the Cards spot.
    Brains? Or the ability?

Because wanting to do something and being able to realistically do something are two different things.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Purplexing" wrote:
    Apparently, this is yet another thread which has taken a detour down a dead-end road.
    What is your issue with this thread?

Anyway, this is a realistic possibility and I agree with Cajun in that it would help both teams.
    Skins would get the LBer they want.
    The Bears would get rid of a disgruntled player (albeit a good one) and get the #6 overall pick.
    Scary!
    I'm not sure which direction the Bears would go with that pick.
    I honestly think the organization likes the QBs they have right now.
    Lovey likes Grossman and Griese isn't a bad back up.
    I think they may use that pick and trade down to be honest.
    If not a possibility would be Landry.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PsychoViking" wrote:
    "elgordo" wrote:
    "The sky is falling", "The sky is falling"

The Bears didn't move us back any in the draft and probably won't take anybody that is better than who the redskins would have taken.
    I think that we will end up with a solid draft and it doesn't really matter who is in front of us.
    I think you might be wrong about this....does the name Laron Landry mean anything to you ??
    Yes it does, but why on earth would you think that the Vikes are gearing up to take Landry with the #7?
    And even if we were, what makes you think that the Redskins, or any other team that could trade with them, wouldn't take Landry anyway.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"PsychoViking" wrote:
    "elgordo" wrote:
    "The sky is falling", "The sky is falling"

The Bears didn't move us back any in the draft and probably won't take anybody that is better than who the redskins would have taken.
    I think that we will end up with a solid draft and it doesn't really matter who is in front of us.
    I think you might be wrong about this....does the name Laron Landry mean anything to you ??
    Is he a nephew of Tom Landry?
    Or, is he a cousin of Adam Archuletta?

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Blog Entries

This would be asinine on the part of the Redskins.
    Yes, they would get a good player, but they would be paying waaaaaay to much for him.
    Briggs doesn't want to play for Chicago anyway, and is threatening to sit out.
    So Chicago gets to offload someone they wouldn't use this year anyway and move into the top ten?

If the Redskins do this they are screwing themselves.
    Maybe for Briggs and Chi's first and second round pick...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

BRIGGS-TO-'SKINS MAKES NO SENSE

Apart from the fact that Bears linebacker Lance Briggs became a star in a pure Tampa 2 scheme that the Redskins don't run, there's another reason why it makes no sense, in our view, for the 'Skins to add Briggs to the team.

With two big-money free agent linebackers -- Marcus Washington and London Fletcher-Baker -- already in the starting lineup, the 'Skins wouldn't be getting the best return on their investment in Washington, Fletcher-Baker, and Briggs.

Why?
    Because a defense has three linebackers on the field roughly half of the time.

In the nickel and dime defenses, linebackers are replaced by defensive backs.
    Teams use the nickel whenever the opponent brings in a third receiver.
    Typically, that happens in second and long or third and more than three or four yards.

At a time when the 'Skins are still thought to be interested in adding Dre' Bly to a corps of cornerbacks that includes Carlos Rogers and Fred Smoot, it's simply not a good investment of cap dollars to write a big bonus check to Briggs, unless the team is thinking about parting ways with Washington and his base salary of $4 million in 2007.

Meanwhile, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli is once again creating the impression that he broke the story of a possible trade of Briggs to the 'Skins, even though Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com and Adam Schefter of NFL Network had the story well in advance.

(Free advice to Len:
    With the departure of Michael Irvin and the "reassignment" of Joe Theismann, the folks in Bristol are demonstrating a willingness to heed and to respond to accurate and reasonable external criticism of their employees.)
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "PsychoViking" wrote:
    It was reported on N FL Network that the Bears and Redskins are in talks to swap first round picks this year.
    The Bears would send Lance Briggs and the 31st pick in this years draft to the Redskins for the 6th pick in the 1st round.
    IMO this puts the screws to the Vikings.....yet another thing to make this possibly the worst off-season in the history of the Minnesota Vikings.
    The Bears will be able to jump in front of the Vikings and selct a player that the Vikings may have targeted for the 7th pick.
    It is now imparitive that the Vikings [glow=red,2,300]MUST[/glow] make a move in the 1st round to acquire more picks to help bolster a roster that is void of offensive skill postion players (WR & TE).
    A.
    Link?

B.
    This is not a Vikings story, so this is in the incorrect forum.

C.
    Even if, by adding your "imparitive(sic)" to the message, you've made it a Vikings-related post, it's still in the wrong forum.

D.
    As I've said in a hundred posts - the Vikings cannot make a trade magically happen just because you, I or a million other Vikings fans may want them to make a trade.
    It takes two partners and both need to feel like they are getting something of value in return.

=Z=
    Deep breaths Z.
    Deep breaths.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

This thread needs to be merged with this thread.
    At least that one is in the correct forum.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast