Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Redskins do not have a single free agent visit planned

    http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/29/all-quiet-on-the-redskins-front/

    That’s a rather stunning departure for a team whose owner, Daniel Snyder, has never shied away from making a big splash with big contracts for big-name free agents. But considering that the Redskins are barely under the $116 million salary cap for 2008, the team doesn’t have much choice...
    This is why you don't spend salary cap money just because you have it.
    The Redskins barely have enough money to sign draft picks this year, yet they are really no closer to a super bowl birth than we are.
    Thank God we have a front office with brains enough to stay in good salary cap shape year after year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #2
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,849

    Re: Redskins do not have a single free agent visit planned

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/29/all-quiet-on-the-redskins-front/

    That’s a rather stunning departure for a team whose owner, Daniel Snyder, has never shied away from making a big splash with big contracts for big-name free agents. But considering that the Redskins are barely under the $116 million salary cap for 2008, the team doesn’t have much choice...
    This is why you don't spend salary cap money just because you have it.
    The Redskins barely have enough money to sign draft picks this year, yet they are really no closer to a super bowl birth than we are.
    Thank God we have a front office with brains enough to stay in good salary cap shape year after year.
    I think they are alot closer than us.
    They have a good

    Qb
    RB
    FB
    WR
    TE
    OL
    LBS
    DBS

    Their Dl is pretty solid as well.
    They are nothing but a bunch of under achiveers and they play in the NFC east( pretty hard division)
    I don't think there is alot that they needed to add. If they draft a WR like Sweed and a 2nd round Safety or DE. They should be post season bound again. However, they are under a new coaching regime so they may have to loose some players.

  3. #3
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Redskins do not have a single free agent visit planned

    They probably don't have any draft picks, probably trade them away.

  4. #4
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Redskins do not have a single free agent visit planned

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/29/all-quiet-on-the-redskins-front/

    That’s a rather stunning departure for a team whose owner, Daniel Snyder, has never shied away from making a big splash with big contracts for big-name free agents. But considering that the Redskins are barely under the $116 million salary cap for 2008, the team doesn’t have much choice...
    This is why you don't spend salary cap money just because you have it.
    The Redskins barely have enough money to sign draft picks this year, yet they are really no closer to a super bowl birth than we are.
    Thank God we have a front office with brains enough to stay in good salary cap shape year after year.
    I think they are alot closer than us.
    They have a good

    Qb
    RB
    FB
    WR
    TE
    OL
    LBS
    DBS

    Their Dl is pretty solid as well.
    They are nothing but a bunch of under achiveers and they play in the NFC east( pretty hard division)
    I don't think there is alot that they needed to add. If they draft a WR like Sweed and a 2nd round Safety or DE. They should be post season bound again. However, they are under a new coaching regime so they may have to loose some players.
    And we don't?
    The only area where they have an edge is at QB (and a slight edge at that, Campbell is not that great) and WR (thanks only to Santana Moss).


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  5. #5
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,849

    Re: Redskins do not have a single free agent visit planned

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    They probably don't have any draft picks, probably trade them away.
    I think they have all of them this year. I live in Northern VA( skins country :-X) and I hate the skins but I must admit they are a damn good team, but injuries have decimated them every year.

  6. #6
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,849

    Re: Redskins do not have a single free agent visit planned

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/29/all-quiet-on-the-redskins-front/

    That’s a rather stunning departure for a team whose owner, Daniel Snyder, has never shied away from making a big splash with big contracts for big-name free agents. But considering that the Redskins are barely under the $116 million salary cap for 2008, the team doesn’t have much choice...
    This is why you don't spend salary cap money just because you have it.
    The Redskins barely have enough money to sign draft picks this year, yet they are really no closer to a super bowl birth than we are.
    Thank God we have a front office with brains enough to stay in good salary cap shape year after year.
    I think they are alot closer than us.
    They have a good

    Qb
    RB
    FB
    WR
    TE
    OL
    LBS
    DBS

    Their Dl is pretty solid as well.
    They are nothing but a bunch of under achiveers and they play in the NFC east( pretty hard division)
    I don't think there is alot that they needed to add. If they draft a WR like Sweed and a 2nd round Safety or DE. They should be post season bound again. However, they are under a new coaching regime so they may have to loose some players.
    And we don't?
    The only area where they have an edge is at QB (and a slight edge at that, Campbell is not that great) and WR (thanks only to Santana Moss).
    Advantage
    QB
    TE
    LB
    DBS

    Push
    RB
    Ol( when healthy)

    We are good but they have a great team that doesn't perform.
    Just my opinion, not 1 you have to live by.

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Redskins do not have a single free agent visit planned

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/29/all-quiet-on-the-redskins-front/

    That’s a rather stunning departure for a team whose owner, Daniel Snyder, has never shied away from making a big splash with big contracts for big-name free agents. But considering that the Redskins are barely under the $116 million salary cap for 2008, the team doesn’t have much choice...
    This is why you don't spend salary cap money just because you have it.
    The Redskins barely have enough money to sign draft picks this year, yet they are really no closer to a super bowl birth than we are.
    Thank God we have a front office with brains enough to stay in good salary cap shape year after year.
    I think they are alot closer than us.
    They have a good

    Qb
    RB
    FB
    WR
    TE
    OL
    LBS
    DBS

    Their Dl is pretty solid as well.
    They are nothing but a bunch of under achiveers and they play in the NFC east( pretty hard division)
    I don't think there is alot that they needed to add. If they draft a WR like Sweed and a 2nd round Safety or DE. They should be post season bound again. However, they are under a new coaching regime so they may have to loose some players.
    And we don't?
    The only area where they have an edge is at QB (and a slight edge at that, Campbell is not that great) and WR (thanks only to Santana Moss).
    Advantage
    QB
    TE
    LB
    DBS

    Push
    RB
    Ol( when healthy)

    We are good but they have a great team that doesn't perform.
    Just my opinion, not 1 you have to live by.
    You rated them a Push at RB?
    Seriously?
    Do you remember who the rookie of the year was?
    And our OL is also a helluva lot better.

    I will give you an advantage on QB and TE.
    But we are much better than them in DT, LB, DBs (tragic, but true), and especially RB.
    Everything else is a push.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Redskins do not have a single free agent visit planned

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/29/all-quiet-on-the-redskins-front/

    That’s a rather stunning departure for a team whose owner, Daniel Snyder, has never shied away from making a big splash with big contracts for big-name free agents. But considering that the Redskins are barely under the $116 million salary cap for 2008, the team doesn’t have much choice...
    This is why you don't spend salary cap money just because you have it.
    The Redskins barely have enough money to sign draft picks this year, yet they are really no closer to a super bowl birth than we are.
    Thank God we have a front office with brains enough to stay in good salary cap shape year after year.
    I think they are alot closer than us.
    They have a good

    Qb
    RB
    FB
    WR
    TE
    OL
    LBS
    DBS

    Their Dl is pretty solid as well.
    They are nothing but a bunch of under achiveers and they play in the NFC east( pretty hard division)
    I don't think there is alot that they needed to add. If they draft a WR like Sweed and a 2nd round Safety or DE. They should be post season bound again. However, they are under a new coaching regime so they may have to loose some players.
    And we don't?
    The only area where they have an edge is at QB (and a slight edge at that, Campbell is not that great) and WR (thanks only to Santana Moss).
    Advantage
    QB
    TE
    LB
    DBS

    Push
    RB
    Ol( when healthy)

    We are good but they have a great team that doesn't perform.
    Just my opinion, not 1 you have to live by.
    You rated them a Push at RB?
    Seriously?
    Do you remember who the rookie of the year was?
    And our OL is also a helluva lot better.

    I will give you an advantage on QB and TE.
    But we are much better than them in DT, LB, DBs (tragic, but true), and especially RB.
    Everything else is a push.
    Last season's matchup indicated to me that they are quite a bit better than us.
    We have the running game but they laughed at that as they shut it down.

  9. #9
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,849

    Re: Redskins do not have a single free agent visit planned

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/29/all-quiet-on-the-redskins-front/

    That’s a rather stunning departure for a team whose owner, Daniel Snyder, has never shied away from making a big splash with big contracts for big-name free agents. But considering that the Redskins are barely under the $116 million salary cap for 2008, the team doesn’t have much choice...
    This is why you don't spend salary cap money just because you have it.
    The Redskins barely have enough money to sign draft picks this year, yet they are really no closer to a super bowl birth than we are.
    Thank God we have a front office with brains enough to stay in good salary cap shape year after year.
    I think they are alot closer than us.
    They have a good

    Qb
    RB
    FB
    WR
    TE
    OL
    LBS
    DBS

    Their Dl is pretty solid as well.
    They are nothing but a bunch of under achiveers and they play in the NFC east( pretty hard division)
    I don't think there is alot that they needed to add. If they draft a WR like Sweed and a 2nd round Safety or DE. They should be post season bound again. However, they are under a new coaching regime so they may have to loose some players.
    And we don't?
    The only area where they have an edge is at QB (and a slight edge at that, Campbell is not that great) and WR (thanks only to Santana Moss).
    Advantage
    QB
    TE
    LB
    DBS

    Push
    RB
    Ol( when healthy)

    We are good but they have a great team that doesn't perform.
    Just my opinion, not 1 you have to live by.
    You rated them a Push at RB?
    Seriously?
    Do you remember who the rookie of the year was?
    And our OL is also a helluva lot better.

    I will give you an advantage on QB and TE.
    But we are much better than them in DT, LB, DBs (tragic, but true), and especially RB.
    Everything else is a push.
    I think AD is the Man but Portis isn't a slouch either.
    I rated it a push because at any given game, either of them can go off for 150 yards.
    Betts and CT are similar as well. They perform when used.


  10. #10
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Redskins do not have a single free agent visit planned

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=42805.msg731506#msg731506 date=1204321816]
    http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/29/all-quiet-on-the-redskins-front/

    That’s a rather stunning departure for a team whose owner, Daniel Snyder, has never shied away from making a big splash with big contracts for big-name free agents. But considering that the Redskins are barely under the $116 million salary cap for 2008, the team doesn’t have much choice...
    This is why you don't spend salary cap money just because you have it.
    The Redskins barely have enough money to sign draft picks this year, yet they are really no closer to a super bowl birth than we are.
    Thank God we have a front office with brains enough to stay in good salary cap shape year after year.
    I think they are alot closer than us.
    They have a good

    Qb
    RB
    FB
    WR
    TE
    OL
    LBS
    DBS

    Their Dl is pretty solid as well.
    They are nothing but a bunch of under achiveers and they play in the NFC east( pretty hard division)
    I don't think there is alot that they needed to add. If they draft a WR like Sweed and a 2nd round Safety or DE. They should be post season bound again. However, they are under a new coaching regime so they may have to loose some players.
    And we don't?
    The only area where they have an edge is at QB (and a slight edge at that, Campbell is not that great) and WR (thanks only to Santana Moss).
    Advantage
    QB
    TE
    LB
    DBS

    Push
    RB
    Ol( when healthy)

    We are good but they have a great team that doesn't perform.
    Just my opinion, not 1 you have to live by.
    You rated them a Push at RB?
    Seriously?
    Do you remember who the rookie of the year was?
    And our OL is also a helluva lot better.

    I will give you an advantage on QB and TE.
    But we are much better than them in DT, LB, DBs (tragic, but true), and especially RB.
    Everything else is a push.
    Last season's matchup indicated to me that they are quite a bit better than us.
    We have the running game but they laughed at that as they shut it down.
    [/quote]

    A single matchup is hardly a good indicator of the better team.
    If you want to look at that, then we must have been a much better team than the Giants, who we destroyed.
    And since the Giants beat the Pats, they must be better, which makes us better than the Patriots by proxy...

    Can you say that you honestly think that Clinton Portis is a better RB than AD?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Atogwe to Visit Redskins
    By skum in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 01:51 PM
  2. Fan Free Agent
    By Marrdro in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 04:26 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 10:52 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 07:20 PM
  5. Free Agent WR/RB Available?
    By bleedn_purple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 08:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •