Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Redskins do not have a single free agent visit planned

http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/29/all-quiet-on-the-redskins-front/

That’s a rather stunning departure for a team whose owner, Daniel Snyder, has never shied away from making a big splash with big contracts for big-name free agents. But considering that the Redskins are barely under the $116 million salary cap for 2008, the team doesn’t have much choice...
    This is why you don't spend salary cap money just because you have it.
    The Redskins barely have enough money to sign draft picks this year, yet they are really no closer to a super bowl birth than we are.
    Thank God we have a front office with brains enough to stay in good salary cap shape year after year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Redskins do not have a single free agent visit planned

"NodakPaul" wrote:

That’s a rather stunning departure for a team whose owner, Daniel Snyder, has never shied away from making a big splash with big contracts for big-name free agents. But considering that the Redskins are barely under the $116 million salary cap for 2008, the team doesn’t have much choice...
    The Redskins barely have enough money to sign draft picks this year, yet they are really no closer to a super bowl birth than we are.
    Thank God we have a front office with brains enough to stay in good salary cap shape year after year.
    I think they are alot closer than us.
    They have a good

Qb
    RB
    FB
    WR
    TE
    OL
    LBS
    DBS

Their Dl is pretty solid as well.
    They are nothing but a bunch of under achiveers and they play in the NFC east( pretty hard division)
    I don't think there is alot that they needed to add. If they draft a WR like Sweed and a 2nd round Safety or DE. They should be post season bound again. However, they are under a new coaching regime so they may have to loose some players.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

They probably don't have any draft picks, probably trade them away.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

They have a good

Qb
    RB
    FB
    WR
    TE
    OL
    LBS
    DBS

They are nothing but a bunch of under achiveers and they play in the NFC east( pretty hard division)
    I don't think there is alot that they needed to add. If they draft a WR like Sweed and a 2nd round Safety or DE. They should be post season bound again. However, they are under a new coaching regime so they may have to loose some players.
    And we don't?
    The only area where they have an edge is at QB (and a slight edge at that, Campbell is not that great) and WR (thanks only to Santana Moss).

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    They probably don't have any draft picks, probably trade them away.
    I think they have all of them this year. I live in Northern VA( skins country :-X) and I hate the skins but I must admit they are a damn good team, but injuries have decimated them every year.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

They have a good

Qb
    RB
    FB
    WR
    TE
    OL
    LBS
    DBS

And we don't?
    The only area where they have an edge is at QB (and a slight edge at that, Campbell is not that great) and WR (thanks only to Santana Moss).
    Advantage
    QB
    TE
    LB
    DBS

Push
    RB
    Ol( when healthy)

We are good but they have a great team that doesn't perform.
    Just my opinion, not 1 you have to live by.

Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

They have a good

Qb
    RB
    FB
    WR
    TE
    OL
    LBS
    DBS

And we don't?
    Advantage
    QB
    TE
    LB
    DBS

Push
    RB
    Ol( when healthy)

You rated them a Push at RB?
    Seriously?
    Do you remember who the rookie of the year was?
    And our OL is also a helluva lot better.

I will give you an advantage on QB and TE.
    But we are much better than them in DT, LB, DBs (tragic, but true), and especially RB.
    Everything else is a push.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

They have a good

Qb
    RB
    FB
    WR
    TE
    OL
    LBS
    DBS

And we don't?
    Advantage
    QB
    TE
    LB
    DBS

Push
    RB
    Ol( when healthy)

Seriously?

But we are much better than them in DT, LB, DBs (tragic, but true), and especially RB.
    Last season's matchup indicated to me that they are quite a bit better than us.
    We have the running game but they laughed at that as they shut it down.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

They have a good

Qb
    RB
    FB
    WR
    TE
    OL
    LBS
    DBS

And we don't?
    Advantage
    QB
    TE
    LB
    DBS

Push
    RB
    Ol( when healthy)

Seriously?

I think AD is the Man but Portis isn't a slouch either.
    I rated it a push because at any given game, either of them can go off for 150 yards.
    Betts and CT are similar as well. They perform when used.

Blog Entries

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=42805.msg731506#msg731506 date=1204321816]

They have a good

Qb
    RB
    FB
    WR
    TE
    OL
    LBS
    DBS

And we don't?
    Advantage
    QB
    TE
    LB
    DBS

Push
    RB
    Ol( when healthy)

Seriously?

Last season's matchup indicated to me that they are quite a bit better than us.
    We have the running game but they laughed at that as they shut it down.
    [/quote]

A single matchup is hardly a good indicator of the better team.
    If you want to look at that, then we must have been a much better team than the Giants, who we destroyed.
    And since the Giants beat the Pats, they must be better, which makes us better than the Patriots by proxy...

Can you say that you honestly think that Clinton Portis is a better RB than AD?
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast