Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Redskins Disappointed

Redskins Disappointed to Discover Antwaan Randle-El isn’t a Quarterback
    Link

Washington Redskins training camp opened with a bombshell on Sunday when the team discovered high-priced free agent acquisition Antwaan Randle-El is not a quarterback.

“I jogged out on the field with the receivers and the coaches told me to get over with the other quarterbacks,” said Randle-El. “I was like: ‘What do you mean?’ I thought they were joking. But soon I discovered they were totally serious. And when I told them I’m just a receiver and kick returner – and not a quarterback – they got really pissed. Well, at first they refused to believe it and then they got pissed.”

Redskins owner Dan Snyder says that he had known Randle-El is nothing more than a third receiver he never would have signed him to a six-year, $27 million contract in the offseason.

“I can’t believe I signed a No. 3 receiver to that kind of money,” said Snyder. “That’s quarterback money and I gave it to some midgety little receiver. Are you sure he’s not a quarterback. Are you really sure? I absolutely remember seeing him throw a touchdown pass, a perfect spiral, in the Super Bowl – the biggest game in all of football – and thinking to myself: ‘This is the guy we need to get us over the hump. Someone who can chuck touchdown passes on such a big stage.’ Oh, man. This sucks. Now I’m wishing I had watched more of the game. I just figured he was Pittsburgh’s quarterback and when I heard he was a free agent I demanded we outbid every other team for his services. So does this mean we’re still stuck with Mark Brunell at quarterback? Oh, great. There’s another year in the toilet.”

Head coach Joe Gibbs says he tried to tell Snyder numerous times that Randle-El is nothing more than a speedy third receiver who can sometimes be used to execute a trick plays, but that his boss wouldn’t listen.

“I told him over and over that Randle-El wasn’t worth that kind of money and, more importantly, that he isn’t a quarterback,” said Gibbs. “But he wouldn’t listen. It was like I was talking to a wall. All he’d do is cue up the highlight of Antwaan’s pass in the Super Bowl and play it over and over, laughing to himself and saying: ‘I can’t believe we got this guy! I just can’t believe it.’”

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Redskins Disappointed

Oh, Gibbs will be laughing all the way to the Super Bowl...maybe not THIS season (since the Vikes are gonna shock the world and win it all), but before he leaves, he will hoist that trophy...he ain't HOF for nothing! Parcells couldn't carry his whistle!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Ya know, the "Onion" and the "Pickle" should merge! LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

This is golden. Bue Randle El is a dangerous weapon for the Skins.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Ya know, the "Onion" and the "Pickle" should merge! LOL
    But would that combination "cut the mustard" with both publications fans? :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Oh, Gibbs will be laughing all the way to the Super Bowl...maybe not THIS season (since the Vikes are gonna shock the world and win it all), but before he leaves, he will hoist that trophy...he ain't HOF for nothing! Parcells couldn't carry his whistle!
    The minute Joe Gibbs dawned the Nascar headset was the minute he solidified the fact he will NEVER win another NFL championship.

Prophet Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    The minute Joe Gibbs dawned the Nascar headset was the minute he solidified the fact he will NEVER win another NFL championship.
    :lol: How can that not be true.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Funny. I had to click the link though to see if it was legit. I guess I still don't know. How could someone be that dumb?

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

Well it just goes to show that just because you have money, doesn't mean you have common sense. Especially when your head coach tried to tell you numerous times what he was. What is wrong with him.

No way this is true.
    We can solve poverty today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast