Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    But you have no idea if he will be a franchise QB. And it isn't just 3 picks, it is 2 firsts and a second. Think of our roster without Peterson ,Harvin and Rudolph. Yeah, they are saving money over signing Manning. I agree with that one. But still, they are giving up 3 high draft picks that could be used to add skill players and build around him. Right now he will be in his 4th season before they can think about putting a top draft skill player around him.

Throw in the notion that most Vikings rubes are buying into that you need to draft a top 5 LT before your QB can have a shot at being successful and he is pretty much screwed.
    And add the fact that the Skins also got killed with cap penalties, they might not be able to even get a FA target for him.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    But you have no idea if he will be a franchise QB. And it isn't just 3 picks, it is 2 firsts and a second. Think of our roster without Peterson ,Harvin and Rudolph. Yeah, they are saving money over signing Manning. I agree with that one. But still, they are giving up 3 high draft picks that could be used to add skill players and build around him. Right now he will be in his 4th season before they can think about putting a top draft skill player around him.

Throw in the notion that most Vikings rubes are buying into that you need to draft a top 5 LT before your QB can have a shot at being successful and he is pretty much screwed.
    No guarantees, but there is a very good chance RGIII will be a pro-bowl QB in the NFL, thats what the redskins are betting on.
    I'd gladly trade Harvin, Loadholt, Cook, and Ponder for Matt Stafford(at 5million a year).
    Last edited by jmcdon00; 03-13-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Rams have made out like bandits from this deal.. Wsh has overpaid imho.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    No guarantees, but there is a very good chance RGIII will be a pro-bowl QB in the NFL, thats what the redskins are betting on.
    I'd gladly trade Harvin, Loadholt, Cook, and Ponder for Matt Stafford(at 5million a year).
    How can he be without a top 5 LT?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    How can he be without a top 5 LT?
    Oh yeah I forgot, he is doomed to be mediocre. Biggest bust since Tarvaris Jackson.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    No one is saying that. No one.

What they are saying is that Kalil would be a major help to him, and would do a lot of good to fixing a the second-worst unit on the team last year (over three sacks a game) and has LOST STARTERS since then. He's also the best player available at #3, though I wouldn't complain if they took Claiborne, and would only grumble slightly if they took Blackmon.

Is an elite LT literally essential? No. Is Kalil a very good player who will help fill what is unquestionably a need? You bet he is.

Now for the love of God, please stop.
    Last edited by BBQ Platypus; 03-31-2012 at 07:48 PM.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BBQ Platypus View Post
    No one is saying that. No one.

What they are saying is that Kalil would be a major help to him, and would do a lot of good to fixing a unit that was the second-worst part of the team last year (over three sacks a game) and has LOST STARTERS since then. He's also the best player available at #3, though I wouldn't complain if they took Claiborne, and would only grumble slightly if they took Blackmon.

Is an elite LT literally essential? No. Is Kalil a very good player who will help fill what is unquestionably a need? You bet he will.

Now for the love of God, please stop.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123