Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Redskins acquire Rams #2 overall draft choice

TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter

OH boy two future first round picks Redskins going all in on RG3.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    It could have been us....
    Think about it, 2 1st round picks for 2 more years and 2nd round picks this year.
    They can draft Poe, Jeffery, David and next season continue to ejaculate on the league. In 3 years they should be a stud team if drafted right.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Hey fans on here who criticized me and called me "not a true fan" for wanting the Vikings to lose at the end of the season so we would beat the Rams for the 2nd pick in the draft.... blow me.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Hey fans on here who criticized me and called me "not a true fan" for wanting the Vikings to lose at the end of the season so we would beat the Rams for the 2nd pick in the draft.... blow me.
    I agreed. If you are not in the playoffs, winning means nothing.
    The skins will always be a top 15 pick. Possibly even a top 5. We would use that to trade down and acquire tons of picks.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Now let's see how the Rams use all these picks. Jason Smith, Tye Hill, Alex Barron, Adam Carriker... wow.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Their point was that you were cheering AGAINST your team.

I didn't cheer against them when Childress was here, even though it would have gotten him fired faster.

I didn't cheer against them when Jackson was QBing, even though it would have proven my point about him much sooner.

I never cheer against my team. I never hope for them to lose.

And if the price of that is a 3rd overall pick instead of the 2nd overall pick...well...I'm content with that.

Fact is, they had reason to say what they did. The end result does not justify your position.

So, instead of receiving any form of oral gratification, it appears that you might find yourself with a kleenex in hand surfing the "Boobies" thread yet again....

Just be sure to clean up afterwards...

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Their point was that you were cheering AGAINST your team.

I didn't cheer against them when Childress was here, even though it would have gotten him fired faster.

I didn't cheer against them when Jackson was QBing, even though it would have proven my point about him much sooner.

I never cheer against my team. I never hope for them to lose.

And if the price of that is a 3rd overall pick instead of the 2nd overall pick...well...I'm content with that.

Fact is, they had reason to say what they did. The end result does not justify your position.

So, instead of receiving any form of oral gratification, it appears that you might find yourself with a kleenex in hand surfing the "Boobies" thread yet again....

Just be sure to clean up afterwards...

Caine
    I was at the skins game and I can tell you that most of the fans their were at best neutral about the win. I talked a lil shit but really I was hoping for a loss because I saw it as pointless for the better good of the team. Who cares if you win one game vs. a team at the bottom of their division? I want this team to be a dynasty, I dont care about 1 win that no one will remember in 8 months. When the rams are killing team behind their 5 first rounders in 3 years, we will get to say, hey atleast we beat the skins...who might be killing us every years because their actually have a franchise QB while we are stuck with no hip Ponder. Bigger picture

Looks like we're 'all in' on Ponder. The wagon is hitched and it's time to hit the dusty trail. Hope we don't run into any redskins on the way.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I think it's a good move for Washington, they get what they have needed for a very long time, a franchise QB to compete with the other QB's in that division.
    It's a great move for the Rams. They move back only 4 spots, and get 3 valuable picks in the process. I do think there is a drop off in this years draft between the top 5 players and everyone else. Luck, RGIII, Kalil, Blackmon, and Claiborne will likely be gone.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I was at the skins game and I can tell you that most of the fans their were at best neutral about the win. I talked a lil shit but really I was hoping for a loss because I saw it as pointless for the better good of the team. Who cares if you win one game vs. a team at the bottom of their division? I want this team to be a dynasty, I dont care about 1 win that no one will remember in 8 months. When the rams are killing team behind their 5 first rounders in 3 years, we will get to say, hey atleast we beat the skins...who might be killing us every years because their actually have a franchise QB while we are stuck with no hip Ponder. Bigger picture
    OK, how about this:

"Gee, I sure hope we lose every game in '12 and '13 so we can have the #1 overall draft pick for 2 years in a row. Boy oh boy, won't we be loaded with talent then?!?!!? We'll probably dominate with all the great picks we'll get"

See how foolish that sounds?

Again, I don't ever cheer for my team to lose. Ever. If you choose to do so, knock yourself out, but don't advertise that you're doing it and expect people to congratulate you for your foresight and wisdom. And when your team doesn't land low enough in the rankings to get a higher draft pick, don't pretend that your position is somehow now justified.

BIGGEST picture.

Caine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast