Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    litlharsh is offline Coordinator

Re: Reactions to Favre retirement

"singersp" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I think favre is a big weenie. He is quitting on his team not for any health reason or because he thinks that he can't help the team, he is quitting because "I'm just tired mentally". What a lame excuse, like the stress of playing a kids game is just to much for him now that he has some gray hairs.
    Well he has played more than pretty much any other QB to play the game.
    I would imagine all prepping that goes into training camp and each game during the season can be a bit stressing.
    Stressful for both aspects - your workload and family life.
    It's not like they are going up against back yard pickup games.
    They are paid millions of dollars and are expected to play at that level....I can only imagine that doing that for as many seasons as he had could be mentally straining.
    When is enough enough?
    Should he play through 20 seasons?
    Brett Favre could cure cancer and there would be people on this site talking about what a terrible scientist he is.
    He was too rash in finding the cure and was too much of a "gunslinger".
    Pretty much every person who hates on Favre so much just wishes he would have been a Viking.
    Had he been a Viking, he would have been suspended for abusing Vicodin, like he should have been.
    haha, spoken like a true hater.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"litlharsh" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I think favre is a big weenie. He is quitting on his team not for any health reason or because he thinks that he can't help the team, he is quitting because "I'm just tired mentally". What a lame excuse, like the stress of playing a kids game is just to much for him now that he has some gray hairs.
    I would imagine all prepping that goes into training camp and each game during the season can be a bit stressing.
    They are paid millions of dollars and are expected to play at that level....I can only imagine that doing that for as many seasons as he had could be mentally straining.
    When is enough enough?
    Brett Favre could cure cancer and there would be people on this site talking about what a terrible scientist he is.
    Pretty much every person who hates on Favre so much just wishes he would have been a Viking.
    Had he been a Viking, he would have been suspended for abusing Vicodin, like he should have been.
    Has nothing to do with hate. You violate the leagues policy for drug abuse & you suffer the consequences. Favre did just that & wasn't so much as fined by the league. Nothing, nadda....zip.

Hell, look what happened to Wade Wilson when he was a fucking coach in Texas for crying out loud.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    [quote author=jmcdon00 link=topic=42949.msg735361#msg735361 date=1204743552]
    When is enough enough?
    Has nothing to do with hate. You violate the leagues policy for drug abuse & you suffer the consequences. Favre did just that & wasn't so much as fined by the league. Nothing, nadda....zip.

Hell, look what happened to Wade Wilson when he was a fucking coach in Texas for crying out loud.
    [/quote]

Didn't he even admit to it?

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

Drug restrictions are bullshit anyway. I can't believe archaic laws like (Marijuana) Prohibition still stand.

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    [quote author=BloodyHorns82 link=topic=42949.msg735382#msg735382 date=1204748912]
    When is enough enough?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Schutz link=topic=42949.msg735388#msg735388 date=1204749348]
    [quote author=BloodyHorns82 link=topic=42949.msg735382#msg735382 date=1204748912]
    When is enough enough?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep

[/quote]

Thats what i thought.

The league doesn't show favoritism tho.
    Ever.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    My initial reaction is that there are way too many threads on it already
    All 2 of them?
    I think all of these are topics of discussion of his retirement and what it means/what he accomplished/whether he was worth a shit.... All due to his retirement which may or may not happen

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=42949.0
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=42918.0
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=42944.0
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=42943.0

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"Nobody pushed Brett Favre out the door, but then nobody encouraged him not to go out that door, either." -- Favre's agent, Bus Cook
    Cook: Favre wanted to play one more year
    JSOnline
    By Tom Silverstein
    Tuesday, Mar 4 2008, 09:02 AM

But his agent, James (Bus) Cook, told me a few minutes ago that he believes Favre wants to play another year and didn't get the sense that the Packers wanted him back all that badly.
    I'm starting to get the feeling that the Favre camp was expecting far more butt kissing in the off season then they were given.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    My initial reaction is that there are way too many threads on it already
    All 2 of them?
    I think all of these are topics of discussion of his retirement and what it means/what he accomplished/whether he was worth a shit.... All due to his retirement which may or may not happen

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=42949.0
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=42918.0
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=42944.0
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=42943.0
    The 3rd one in your list is primarily about one analyst tearing into Favre. Had the title been more generically titled, one could have put other reactions in there without fear of thread hijacking. That article would have fit in this thread, but not the other way around. Thus the new thread.

The 4th one is about the post Favre era & what how the Vikings will fair in the division this year. It is not a Favre rant/praise thread. It is about the Vikings, not Favre & that is why it is in the Vikings fan forum.

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "Nobody pushed Brett Favre out the door, but then nobody encouraged him not to go out that door, either." -- Favre's agent, Bus Cook
    Cook: Favre wanted to play one more year
    JSOnline
    By Tom Silverstein
    Tuesday, Mar 4 2008, 09:02 AM

But his agent, James (Bus) Cook, told me a few minutes ago that he believes Favre wants to play another year and didn't get the sense that the Packers wanted him back all that badly.
    I'm starting to get the feeling that the Favre camp was expecting far more butt kissing in the off season then they were given.

Is he having second thoughts already?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast