Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Reactions to Favre retirement

I think favre is a big weenie. He is quitting on his team not for any health reason or because he thinks that he can't help the team, he is quitting because "I'm just tired mentally". What a lame excuse, like the stress of playing a kids game is just to much for him now that he has some gray hairs.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I think favre is a big weenie. He is quitting on his team not for any health reason or because he thinks that he can't help the team, he is quitting because "I'm just tired mentally". What a lame excuse, like the stress of playing a kids game is just to much for him now that he has some gray hairs.
    Well he has played more than pretty much any other QB to play the game.
    I would imagine all prepping that goes into training camp and each game during the season can be a bit stressing.
    Stressful for both aspects - your workload and family life.
    It's not like they are going up against back yard pickup games.
    They are paid millions of dollars and are expected to play at that level....I can only imagine that doing that for as many seasons as he had could be mentally straining.
    When is enough enough?
    Should he play through 20 seasons?

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I would imagine all prepping that goes into training camp and each game during the season can be a bit stressing.
    They are paid millions of dollars and are expected to play at that level....I can only imagine that doing that for as many seasons as he had could be mentally straining.
    When is enough enough?
    Brett Favre could cure cancer and there would be people on this site talking about what a terrible scientist he is.
    He was too rash in finding the cure and was too much of a "gunslinger".
    Pretty much every person who hates on Favre so much just wishes he would have been a Viking.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Schutz" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

When is enough enough?
    Brett Favre could cure cancer and there would be people on this site talking about what a terrible scientist he is.
    Pretty much every person who hates on Favre so much just wishes he would have been a Viking.
    I definitely think Favre had his faults...and plenty of them.
    If we are going to point out all the great things he did, we should be fair and also drive the fact down to the Favre crotch sniffer's that he does hold the all time interception record.
    That is pretty embarassing and I don't you can call anybody the greatest QB ever who holds that record.

Looking at his career as a whole though, you'd be foolish to think he wasn't one of the best.
    I'll reluctantly say Top 10 all time...and admitantly, that is probably too low.

Willett is offline Waterboy

I definitely think Favre had his faults...and plenty of them.
    If we are going to point out all the great things he did, we should be fair and also drive the fact down to the Favre crotch sniffer's that he does hold the all time interception record.
    That is pretty embarassing and I don't you can call anybody the greatest QB ever who holds that record.

Looking at his career as a whole though, you'd be foolish to think he wasn't one of the best.
    I'll reluctantly say Top 10 all time...and admitantly, that is probably too low.

its simple - he has played more games than any other quarterback in nfl hisory - he SHOULD hold the most inteceptions record - he SHOULD hold the most touchdowns record - i dont like the guy, but i respect the hell out of him

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    My initial reaction is that there are way too many threads on it already
    All 2 of them?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"Schutz" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    When is enough enough?
    Had he been a Viking, he would have been suspended for abusing Vicodin, like he should have been.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"His record for most consecutive starts will never be broken. It's one of the most amazing records in sports. I guarantee you, he gets an immense amount of respect from every quarterback in the NFL for that record." -- Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer
    For the QB position, Thats probably true.
    I dont see anyone ever beating it

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "His record for most consecutive starts will never be broken. It's one of the most amazing records in sports. I guarantee you, he gets an immense amount of respect from every quarterback in the NFL for that record." -- Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer
    For the QB position, Thats probably true.
    I dont see anyone ever beating it
    IMO, it Favre's doesn't even compare to Marshalls consectutive starts. Marshall got hit on every fucking down.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast