Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ravens to Tag Suggs?

"marstc09" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    This is what I tried explaing to those who thought Brown would never become available, he could still get signed in the next couple days but I think its highly unlikely. They cannott afford to loose all three LB's, especailly Suggs, they will be forced to use the tag and let Brown enter the Market.
    Still have 24 hours.

Edit: They still can resign him. They have until the 27th.
    The Ravens are cheap @sses, othewise they wouldn't be in this predicament. Jason Brown is undoubtably going to test the market, he would be crazy not too. I'm 100% confident he will hit the market and I would send Ziggy's Jet to go pick him up.

The only way they keep him is if they Franchise him, no team has two tags to hand out.
    Are we going to spend the money that he will command? I doubt it. I would love to see him here but I don't see it happening. I hope I am wrong.
    Well if we want him I think he'll be ours, there is alot of things to lead me to believe that he would targeted by us, in terms of youth, experience, field performance and character. Ravens fans are near obsessed with this guy. If we went and spent the money we did on Mad Williams, Berrian, and Allen I think we'll target one guy to pay high salary too, after all we are 28 Mill under the Cap.

Maybe we won't spend big though, but considering Birk is going to be let go and a guy like Brown is available I think we jump all over that. The other big name guys that are really impacts are all at positions we probably won't adress with big money. Childress is a advocate of taking care of the front lines, when there is a Pro Bowl talent on market at a position of need and he's only 25 its near match made in heaven. I just hope we get it done, loosing Birk's contract hit it opens up alot of money to put back into the position.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    This is what I tried explaing to those who thought Brown would never become available, he could still get signed in the next couple days but I think its highly unlikely. They cannott afford to loose all three LB's, especailly Suggs, they will be forced to use the tag and let Brown enter the Market.
    Still have 24 hours.

Edit: They still can resign him. They have until the 27th.
    The Ravens are cheap @sses, othewise they wouldn't be in this predicament. Jason Brown is undoubtably going to test the market, he would be crazy not too. I'm 100% confident he will hit the market and I would send Ziggy's Jet to go pick him up.

The only way they keep him is if they Franchise him, no team has two tags to hand out.
    Are we going to spend the money that he will command? I doubt it. I would love to see him here but I don't see it happening. I hope I am wrong.
    Well if we want him I think he'll be ours, there is alot of things to lead me to believe that he would targeted by us, in terms of youth, experience, field performance and character. Ravens fans are near obsessed with this guy. If we went and spent the money we did on Mad Williams, Berrian, and Allen I think we'll target one guy to pay high salary too, after all we are 28 Mill under the Cap.

Maybe we won't spend big though, but considering Birk is going to be let go and a guy like Brown is available I think we jump all over that. The other big name guys that are really impacts are all at positions we probably won't adress with big money. Childress is a advocate of taking care of the front lines, when there is a Pro Bowl talent on market at a position of need and he's only 25 its near match made in heaven. I just hope we get it done, loosing Birk's contract hit it opens up alot of money to put back into the position.

You are so right about Chilly and the front lines. Can you imagine McKinnie, Hutch, Brown, Herrera, and Carey.
    Fuck it keep TJ back there.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Well thats good news cause I think we'll look to sign Brown, Vernon Carey is a good player but he's no blue chipper like Jason.
    Why can't we have both?
    Thats alot of work, my #1 priority is Jason Brown, Carey is just not on that level to make me really really intristed in him. He would definitly be an upgrade and bring big time experience and verstatility to our Oline, it would really help bloster our depth also. Depending on how we feel about Carey behind closed doors he could very well be priority #1. We could also have substantal intrist in trading up for a Tackle in the draft, so there is a ton of senarios. The vibe I get when considering these two players is much stronger for Brown than Carey. Plus he's 2-3 years younger and also versitle. I'll be happy with any of them, I just hope we at least get one or the other. Both would be awesome, our run game would flat out be beast.

I think it would be tuff to get both players signed considering the outside competition from other orginizations, with Gross closing in on a deal it makes Carey the top Unrestricted on the market and Brown basically blows his fellow competition out. It would be tremendous to get both but I would way rather garuntee Brown money than Carey.

"marstc09" wrote:

You are so right about Chilly and the front lines. Can you imagine McKinnie, Hutch, Brown, Herrera, and Carey.
    floop it keep TJ back there.
    Thats exactly my line of thinking, if we could manage signing both those guys, I would definitly stick with Tarvaris and continue to build through the draft. We also wouldn't be sacrificing draft choices for Cassel or Anderson, so we basically do some serious damange in FA then have mad flexibility in the Draft.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Well thats good news cause I think we'll look to sign Brown, Vernon Carey is a good player but he's no blue chipper like Jason.
    Why can't we have both?
    Thats alot of work, my #1 priority is Jason Brown, Carey is just not on that level to make me really really intristed in him. He would definitly be an upgrade and bring big time experience and verstatility to our Oline, it would really help bloster our depth also. Depending on how we feel about Carey behind closed doors he could very well be priority #1. We could also have substantal intrist in trading up for a Tackle in the draft, so there is a ton of senarios. The vibe I get when considering these two players is much stronger for Brown than Carey. Plus he's 2-3 years younger and also versitle. I'll be happy with any of them, I just hope we at least get one or the other. Both would be awesome, our run game would flat out be beast.

I think it would be tuff to get both players signed considering the outside competition from other orginizations, with Gross closing in on a deal it makes Carey the top Unrestricted on the market and Brown basically blows his fellow competition out. It would be tremendous to get both but I would way rather garuntee Brown money than Carey.
    I'd be fine with McKinnie, Hutch, Brown, Herrera, and Tauscher.
    Still pretty solid.

I know you like Taucher and I do too if he didn't go down with an ACL Tear at age 31. Thats a concern but its also said that he will be ready for camps, hard to believe considering he went down in week 14. I'm skeptical about this situation but if we brought him in and he checked out with the Medical its a posibility. He's going to be age 32 by the season opener so he's long in tooth but it would certainly buy Cook more time to get better and provide us with good pass protection.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I know you like Taucher and I do too if he didn't go down with an ACL Tear at age 31. Thats a concern but its also said that he will be ready for camps, hard to believe considering he went down in week 14. I'm skeptical about this situation but if we brought him in and he checked out with the Medical its a posibility. He's going to be age 32 by the season opener so he's long in tooth but it would certainly buy Cook more time to get better and provide us with good pass protection.
    Well I just want a RT, take your pick.

Tauscher
    [s]Gross[/s]
    Carey
    Runyan
    Colon
    [s]Starks[/s]
    Clabo
    Andrews
    Stinchcomb

Smith, Barnes, and Tra Thomas might be able to play RT.

It's slim pickn's no doubt. There is no real elite Tackle hitting the market. I like Clabo but he's a Restricted, I like Carey but worry about the price tag and competition for his services. Andrews is a guy I would also like to look at but he like Taucher had a serious injury.

Spielman drafted Carey when he was GM with the Dolphins so he knows a great deal about the guy, even traded a 4th round pick to move up to secure him. So maybe we like him more than I think, after Carey the options are not great at all, should be intristing. Maybe we move up the draft board to secure one of the top guys, thats really the only way I see the draft as being a legite options for imediate production at Tackle.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    It's slim pickn's no doubt. There is no real elite Tackle hitting the market. I like Clabo but he's a Restricted, I like Carey but worry about the price tag and competition for his services. Andrews is a guy I would also like to look at but he like Taucher had a serious injury.

Spielman drafted Carey when he was GM with the Dolphins so he knows a great deal about the guy, even traded a 4th round pick to move up to secure him. So maybe we like him more than I think, after Carey the options are not great at all, should be intristing. Maybe we move up the draft board to secure one of the top guys, thats really the only way I see the draft as being a legite options for imediate production at Tackle.
    Hmmmm I thought it was a pretty good T FA class. If we don't sign one of those guys we will draft a T in the 1st round. Man I can't wait!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsTw" wrote:

We'd have to move way up. Within the top 10 if we want an immediate impact. The only guys I see coming in and playing well right away are Eugene Monroe, Andre Smith, and maybe Smith from Baylor... but if we're moving up that far, I'd rather it not be for an offensive tackle.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast