Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Which RB would you sign this offseason

Exactly Shaun and Edge will be locked up one way another...

Jamal or Maroney please

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"Here's how I see it.. Right now we don't have a start.. C4 or Memo or Moe or Bennett.. They all have some bright spots but can't put it all together.. Bennett is inconsistent and not very strong.. He would do well with a better line IMO.. Memo is getting 2 injurys per week.. C4 is a rookie.. And Moe has lost a step..

Bring in Edge, Alexander, or Jamal if possible.. I don't really see it.. I think the Seahawks will find a way to lock up Shaun.. I think the Colts might clean some house and give Edge a contract too.. I think we should persue Jamal hardcore.. And if not one of these 3 fellas bring in Maroney and look for an o-lineman in the FA"-Vikez4Lyfe

Exactly man....Nice sig BTW.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler

alexander and james will probably be resigned, so i say draft a rb in the first round
    our only sure-handed receiver

V4L

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    "Here's how I see it.. Right now we don't have a start.. C4 or Memo or Moe or Bennett.. They all have some bright spots but can't put it all together.. Bennett is inconsistent and not very strong.. He would do well with a better line IMO.. Memo is getting 2 injurys per week.. C4 is a rookie.. And Moe has lost a step..

Bring in Edge, Alexander, or Jamal if possible.. I don't really see it.. I think the Seahawks will find a way to lock up Shaun.. I think the Colts might clean some house and give Edge a contract too.. I think we should persue Jamal hardcore.. And if not one of these 3 fellas bring in Maroney and look for an o-lineman in the FA"-Vikez4Lyfe

Exactly man....Nice sig BTW.

Thanks maneee! :razz:

Kdub4MVP is offline Rookie

I dont see us getting any of those big ticket running backs. Were more likely to sign a guy that hasnt yet established himself as a premier feature back but has the potential to be in the right situation. Lee Suggs, William Green, Justin Fargas, or Marcel Shipp are more logical options as were still going to have mewelde and Fason next year to compete with. We will have culpepper back and certainly a new Offensive Coordinator too so we arent going to be a pound it down your throat running team anyway.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"Jordan" wrote:
    The following RB are free agents that i know of at seasons end:

Ahman Green
    Jamal Lewis
    Edgerrin James
    Shaun Alexander

Which 1 would u choose or is their others u would choose

Green - Injury prone and fumbler ... washed up
    Lewis - selfish, washed up runner who was used up in previous years ... too much baggage
    James - Colts will sign him, going nowhere
    Alexander - Seahags sign him, going nowhere

V4L

I don't think Lewis has any baggage bro.. He wasnt the one smokin the rock.. And this was back in college anyway.. He is 5 times better then anyone we got.. I would LOVE to have him back in purple.. Vikes purple this time though!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I don't think Lewis has any baggage bro.. He wasnt the one smokin the rock.. And this was back in college anyway.. He is 5 times better then anyone we got.. I would LOVE to have him back in purple.. Vikes purple this time though!
    To be honest, 3 years ago I LOVED the guy. He was a bruising back who would enable a team to control the T.O.P. and win games. The problem is, he was used TOO MUCH and his body has deteriated. He's not the same as we all remember.

Then, when he said this year he was "Saving himself for his big contract at the end of the year" placed him as a selfish player in a team sport in my mind. Not the type of player this team needs currently with Wilfi trying to change the image of this team to get stadium support.

Thirdly, his past history is well documented. See above paragraph for explanation again why he won't become a Viking.

Fason will be developed as the "horse" running back. If not, we will draft another.

V4L

I gotcha man.. I respect that u don't want him.. But if we got a chance I would love to give it a try

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

No one who has been in federal prison has baggage. Umm, yah. And he still has a poor attitude about that.

I bet we keep who we have, and draft a 4th round back again. O Smith is a wild card kinda, bet a lot of him staying or leaving depends on his attitude. If they send him packing, I expect we do get an FA back, like Kdub posted. Undervalued with potential.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast