Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Jordan is offline Pro-Bowler

Ravens to put Jamal Lewis on the block at seasons end!!!

The Ravens have said "they will be willing to seek a trade for Jamal Lewis or just let him go in free agency"(yes he is a free agent at the end of the season).I think this would be a great pickup for the Vikings. This is just what we need a proven power back. Even though he has sucked it up this year this guy can still play.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-sp.preston10dec10,1,7752818.column?coll=bal-sports-columnists&ctrack=1&cset=true

Don't read the 1st part of the article it's crap

"SSSMMMOOTTT" & "Toine" will be the best CB combo in the NFL next year TRUST ME!!!

Re: Ravens to put Jamal Lewis on the block at seasons end!!!

Here's the part you should read instead of scrambling through 2 find this news.

Regardless of running back Jamal Lewis' production during the last month of the season, the Ravens' current plans are to designate him the franchise player and then seek a possible trade. A team would have to give up as many as two first-round picks for Lewis but could surrender less if it reaches an agreement with the Ravens. Several teams have inquired about Lewis, who seems intent on talking his way out of Baltimore. As for backup Chester Taylor, he's not the long-term answer, not in this offense, anyway. If Taylor becomes the featured back, the Ravens need to have a more diverse offense, one in which the running back becomes more of a weapon as a pass catcher out of the backfield.
    If the Ravens stay in the current system with Taylor as the featured runner, he'd wear down by the final quarter of the season.

"SSSMMMOOTTT" & "Toine" will be the best CB combo in the NFL next year TRUST ME!!!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Ehhh...I don't know if he would be the answer. I'm not a big Jamal Lewis fan, but the guy is only 26 and he's had some very productive years. I guess we'll see where it goes, that many draft picks is kind of a high price to pay though.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I would deff take him...hes still pretty young, and hes put all the bad stuff behind him in the past.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

kansas_man54 is offline Rookie

Yep, that is definitely a tough call to make on that one. I do think that he would be a nice addition to the team IF he does stay out of trouble and keeps his nose clean. But, more than likely he'll be tagged with the incredible word "franchise", and they'll want far too much for him. I also think that we would be alright with sticking it out with MeMo. I see some great potential with that kid. Just take's time. As well as a few kinks to work out. We'll see though.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanist bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"----Eleanor Roosevelt

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

I thought we were trying to get rid of cancers like him. This guy just came out of federal prison.

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

I think he would be a good fit. You gotta remember he is coming off a tough offseason in which he was incarcerated and had (ankle or knee I can't remember) surgery. Remember what happened with Edgerin James. He had one down year after busting up his knee and returned to his monster self after that(maybe even a little better). I think that Jamal is on the same kind of track. He is just a couple of years removed from a 2000......... let me repeat that 2000 yard season. I think it would be a good move on draft day if we cant get what we want with our first rounder.
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

Which RB would you sign this offseason

The following RB are free agents that i know of at seasons end:

Ahman Green
    Jamal Lewis
    Edgerrin James
    Shaun Alexander

Which 1 would u choose or is their others u would choose

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    I thought we were trying to get rid of cancers like him. This guy just came out of federal prison.
    K-Rob just got out of rehab when we picked him up. I think that everyone deserves a second chance.
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I would rather trade for RAY RAY! But Jamal Lewis is a beast you guys. He went to prison because of something that he did in college. I don't think he has had any other off the field issues besides that. I say we go after him, then we would have the featured back that can carry the ball 25 to 30 times a game that everyone seems to want.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast