Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ravens fire Billick after disappointing year

Whee he goes will all depnd upon who gets fired over the next few weeks. I have no doubt he will end up as a OC somewhere simply on his name alone.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I wish Childress had never used the term KAO. How many times has it come back to haunt him. Frankly I'm tired of it!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I wish Childress had never used the term KAO. How many times has it come back to haunt him. Frankly I'm tired of it!
    But We do have a KAO! We just haven't seen it yet

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

After thinking about it, we should never hire Billick again. During the 15-1 year, his playcalling was very often excruciatingly predictable. That offense could have done a lot better when it counted most--the NFC Championship game. I don't know what offensive system Billick was trying to install in Baltimore, but his utter failure to do so speaks volumes.

What made the offense in the 15-1 year was the combination of Randall Cunningham, Cris Carter, Randy Moss, Jake Reed, Robert Smith, Randall McDaniel, and the rest of that great offensive line. That is 3 or 4 Hall of Famers right there, plus Robert Smith who might have gone to the Hall if he chose to play longer.

Billick is not an offensive genius. Anybody off the street could have coached that group of players to a great year.

Billick should coach a college team. He would have a great program and it would go a lot better for him and his team. Maybe West Virginia now that Rich Rodriguez has left.

Go Vikings!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    After thinking about it, we should never hire Billick again. During the 15-1 year, his playcalling was very often excruciatingly predictable. That offense could have done a lot better when it counted most--the NFC Championship game. I don't know what offensive system Billick was trying to install in Baltimore, but his utter failure to do so speaks volumes.

What made the offense in the 15-1 year was the combination of Randall Cunningham, Cris Carter, Randy Moss, Jake Reed, Robert Smith, Randall McDaniel, and the rest of that great offensive line. That is 3 or 4 Hall of Famers right there, plus Robert Smith who might have gone to the Hall if he chose to play longer.

Billick is not an offensive genius. Anybody off the street could have coached that group of players to a great year.

Billick should coach a college team. He would have a great program and it would go a lot better for him and his team. Maybe West Virginia now that Rich Rodriguez has left.
    He sure isn't a evaluator of QB talent.
    You would think after 9 years he would have found someone.
    No wait, that is on the front office guys isn't it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:

Or maybe he just doesn't know how to use the talent he has.
    ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:

;D
    Well played my friend. Well played.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:

;D
    I really Like Boeller as a possible back up for this team or even challange TJ. Another good fit for this team, but hurt way to much is McNair

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

The only thing that Billick would have to offer is a new defense, the 3-4.
    I would love the Vikings to play the 3-4 because from what I've seen the last five years, teams that play that style of defense have more versatility in their defensive gameplans.
    The Cover 2 pisses me off to no end.
    You really need dominant defensive ends and LB's w/ excellent coverage skills for it to really work well.
    Also you can't have washed up safeties behind you.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

I say we revisit 1998 bring Denny back as Hc and hire Billick as the OC Randy is a UFA so we could get him. TJ well at least he wears #7 like Cunningham did ;D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123