Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Raven's Cut MCalister

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/16/mcalister-its-a-tough-pill-to-swallow/

Bring him in, He is worth a look. As long as the knee is fine he should be a force. 3 picks in 6 games(while injuried) is very good.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Raven's Cut MCalister

I'd take him in a heartbeat

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

there'd be a pretty significant price tag attached to him.

oh the upside, he's accustomed to purple already.

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    there'd be a pretty significant price tag attached to him.

oh the upside, he's accustomed to purple already.
    I don't think he would be asking for the 8 million a year his contact was worth. I think he would be happy to jump in for a decent 4 million a season on an incentive laden contract.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

McAlister was a very good CB, it would have been nice to have him in his prime days. He'll be age 32 by the time the season starts, he's defenitly getting up in age. With the injuries and all I think we avoid him. If we did get him, I would assume they feel he has plenty left to give, I just doubt that.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    McAlister was a very good CB, it would have been nice to have him in his prime days. He'll be age 32 by the time the season starts, he's defenitly getting up in age. With the injuries and all I think we avoid him. If we did get him, I would assume they feel he has plenty left to give, I just doubt that.
    I think it was only 2 years ago he was voted as the best corner in football. He has been hurt 2 consecative seasons and that is a bit of a question mark. However, I think he still has 3 season left at near a Pro Bowl level. You don't snatch 3 int in 6 games without being a balla. The guy is money when healthy. He just isnt worth the money for us his contract will require. We would have a pretty sick Secondary though....

Bring him in to play Nickle and start at SS?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I think it was only 2 years ago he was voted as the best corner in football. He has been hurt 2 consecative seasons and that is a bit of a question mark. However, I think he still has 3 season left at near a Pro Bowl level. You don't snatch 3 int in 6 games without being a balla. The guy is money when healthy. He just isnt worth the money for us his contract will require. We would have a pretty sick Secondary though....

Bring him in to play Nickle and start at SS?
    Why on earth would he come to Minny to play nickle or SS when he will probably be a starting CB on another team.
    He was released for the contract price as much as any other reason.
    Besides, we already have our starting safeties in Johnson and Williams.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Alot of CB's drop off dramaticly after age 30, McAliter has shown that by being injured the past two seasons. I don't think he has 3 Pro Bowl years left considering thats how many he went to in his prime, but again I don't know what I don't know, I guess its all possible but I doubt it.

I would not put him at safety either, he's a CB, we got Tyrell Johnson to play SS.

I just don't see it, age 32, injury prone last two seasons, not sure thats the direction we are looking for. We're already letting go of Birk and Sharper to get younger in those positions and for the future.

I'm intristed in knowing wether Charles Gordon can come back and be healthy, Sapp isn't a bad CB, and we could look in the draft to put a younger CB behind our current veterans. I don't see us getting any older at this position, JMO.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

If we could sign him for a reasonable contract, I would be tickled pink.
    Then, when we play pass happy teams (or teams who try to use the "Patriot" game plan on us), our base defense becomes a power nickel (4-2-5) with Griff, AW and McCalister as the 3 CBs.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

He could finally be a Viking.
    He was our top guy in the 1999 NFL Draft and the Ravens took him the pick before us.
    We ended up with a good consolation prize in Daunte.
    He could finally make his debut in the purple and gold.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast