Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Ravens in Cap Hell

KFFL
    Ravens | Team projected to go $15 million to $18 million over cap
    Mon, 29 May 2006 19:44:08 -0700

FOXSports.com reports the Baltimore Ravens are projected to go over the 2006 salary cap by $15 million to $18 million in bonuses. The team exceeded the cap by $10 million in bonuses in 2004 and 2005.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ravens in Cap Hell

and they still suck =(

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

My question is, how the fuck do they get away with it.

It seems to me that the salary cap doesn't mean shit with as many teams that violate it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

"singersp" wrote:
    My question is, how the F!!ck do they get away with it.

It seems to me that the salary cap doesn't mean pooh with as many teams that violate it.
    This doesn't make sense to me either. I was sure that team's had to be under the cap before the 53 man roster deadline. I don't know what's going on anymore. Can someone clarify?

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I think they have to pay penalties or something for being over the cap. So, if they're say $10 mill over, they have to pay like a certain fee based on how far over the cap they are.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Prophet Guest

"JDogg926" wrote:
    I think they have to pay penalties or something for being over the cap. So, if they're say $10 mill over, they have to pay like a certain fee based on how far over the cap they are.
    I sure hope that isn't what it's all about, if it is I've been duped. The teams/owners with deep pockets that aren't tightwads have an advantage. Zygi fits that bill it appears, but the Vikings have stayed under the cap. Is that due to Redneck's tightwad approach or was it due to good cap management? I have a hunch that there is a different explanation.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

How do the Skin's remain under the cap when they are signing big name players to big dollar contracts but they still make it under the cap?

The NFL needs to tighten up on the teams that are constantly over the cap and never get penalized, it is supposed to be a hard cap so enforce it!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"Prophet" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:
    I sure hope that isn't what it's all about, if it is I've been duped. The teams/owners with deep pockets that aren't tightwads have an advantage. Zygi fits that bill it appears, but the Vikings have stayed under the cap. Is that due to Redneck's tightwad approach or was it due to good cap management? I have a hunch that there is a different explanation.
    I remember reading something several years back about the Portland Trailblazers. Yes, basketball I know, but what I read was about all the money they were spending because of their billioinaire owner and they basically had to match every dollar they went over the cap, so if they were 10 mill over, they had to pay an additional 10 mill to the league in cap penalties. I'm sure football is at least a little different than basketball, and the article that I read was probably 6 or 7 years ago, so it's possible that a lot of things have changed.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Prophet Guest

So...what happens if a team goes over the Salary Cap?

Answer: The short answer is simply that NO team CAN go over the Salary Cap. Note that every contract must go through the NFL League Office before the deal can be made official. Presumably, one of the things the league must do at this time is determine whether or not the contract would violate the NFL's Salary Cap. If the deal does violate the cap, then the NFL will reject it.

There have been instances in which a team has managed to sneak a cap evading contract by the league. Upon further review, the violations were caught by the league and the respective teams were penalized. Penalties include fines and/or forfeiture of draft picks. In recent history both the Pittsburgh Steelers and San Francisco 49ers have been penalized draft picks, while the 49ers' front office personnel (Carmen Policy and Dwight Clark) were also fined.

The other point is that KFFL sometimes gets their summaries screwed up. I'm certain that a team can't go over the cap like mentioned in the summary for the Ravens. If they did, they were penalized like mentioned above. I'm going with the summary being wrong or incomplete.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

JDogg 926

Your avatar really screws with my screen.

It makes my screen jump back and forth, and I don't know why. I have noticed it a few times, and I was wondering if anybody else's screen jumps like my does when they try and scroll past JDogg's posts?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast