Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Ravens, Bills among 6 to crash playoffs

4. Minnesota Vikings

The good news for the Vikings is that, at 21 of the 22 positions on the field, they are solid. The bad news is their one glaring weakness is at quarterback.

That said, Tarvaris Jackson isn't as bad as advertised. And as the defense improves and the running game continues to flourish, Jackson could develop into a legitimate contributor.

He won't have to put many points on the board, given the new Purple People Eaters in the Twin Cities. The addition of defensive end Jared Allen to a line that already featured Kevin Williams and Pat Williams allows the Vikings to blitz less from their Tampa-2 defense, allowing them to still pressure the quarterback while dropping more men into coverage to prevent big plays.

Given that the Chicago Bears are in decline, the Green Bay Packers won't have Brett Favre and the Detroit Lions are, well, the Detroit Lions, the Vikings should have a fairly easy path to the NFC North crown.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=420388

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Ravens, Bills among 6 to crash playoffs

we should do well in the north....just based on the other teams and where they are heading

it is outside of the north where I think the best judgement of this team will be....and the playoffs

we will make the playoffs

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

5 outta 6 are correct, but the Ravens? cmon no way, not in that division with a rookie QB

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i am going to say only 1 is correct (obv vikings) and then really only the eagles are the other team with a chance. the afc is still way too tough for the bills or ravens. sure the bills might get 4 free wins from the division, but the ravens division is really difficult.
    as for the saints and rams. i guess maybe they have hope only because it is the nfc. i think both the wildcard spots are wide open and anyone can take them. dallas, vikings, and seahawka should cruise to division titles and then the rest could be anyone.
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

A very interesting read my friend, however, I only agree with the Vikes.

1. Baltimore Ravens

I doubt they will do much.
    My guess is the Ravens fans are in for what we've been experiencing the last couple of years.
    Watching talented, but young players learn on the field.
    That equates to inconsistency and losses.

2. Buffalo Bills

Nice point on thier schedule but I am not so sure thier QB(s) are ready to step up this year.
    Additionally, they only have one WR that threatens so you D's can just take him away.

3. Philadelphia Eagles

Does anyone really believe McNabb will make it through the whole season?
    Throw that in with a tough div and I don't see the Iggles doing anything.

4. Minnesota Vikings

He won't have to put many points on the board, given the new Purple People Eaters in the Twin Cities. The addition of defensive end Jared Allen to a line that already featured Kevin Williams and Pat Williams allows the Vikings to blitz less from their Tampa-2 defense, allowing them to still pressure the quarterback while dropping more men into coverage to prevent big plays.
    Our offense should look at really good field position this year.
    Longwell will get quite a few FG's in this year.
    Maybe thats why they brought in a young kid that might have a bit more leg both in the FG and KO dept.

A few more touchbacks with 3 and outs sure would look nice.

5. New Orleans Saints

I'm not so sure they have a running game.
    Bush isn't an every down back and can be taken out of the game when he tries.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

1. Baltimore Ravens

My guess is the Ravens fans are in for what we've been experiencing the last couple of years.

2. Buffalo Bills

Nice point on thier schedule but I am not so sure thier QB(s) are ready to step up this year.
    Additionally, they only have one WR that threatens so you D's can just take him away.

3. Philadelphia Eagles

4. Minnesota Vikings

Maybe thats why they brought in a young kid that might have a bit more leg both in the FG and KO dept.

5. New Orleans Saints

You mean this guy.

One person who struggled on Saturday was K Steven Hauschka, who, at one point, missed at least two of four (I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on one of the makes) from short range.
    http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/2008/06/edwards_sidelined_again.html

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

1. Baltimore Ravens

2. Buffalo Bills

3. Philadelphia Eagles

4. Minnesota Vikings

5. New Orleans Saints

You mean this guy.

One person who struggled on Saturday was K Steven Hauschka, who, at one point, missed at least two of four (I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on one of the makes) from short range.
    http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/2008/06/edwards_sidelined_again.html
    Ya, that guy.

New guy jitters. What did the blog/article say today.....

ST coach attributes gaffs like that to a combination of things, i.e. New Holder, New Snapper etc etc.

The kid has a leg from heck judging by the scouts.
    I really thought he was gonna get drafted someplace.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

The Bills? Hahaha... that's hilarious. No way the Bills do ANYTHING this year.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    the bills team is not as bad as u think. their D is gonna be very good, its all up to Trent Edwards, who didnt have too bad of a rookie season. And look at their division, they have the pats, and who else.....exactly

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    the bills team is not as bad as u think. their D is gonna be very good, its all up to Trent Edwards, who didnt have too bad of a rookie season. And look at their division, they have the pats, and who else.....exactly
    I know, my roommate is a Bills fan. I had to watch all the games last year, and they played very well actually... losing 2-3 games by 1 point I believe.

But let's face it, it's Buffalo.

They're rookie QB had an OK season, managing a 7-9 record... but don't really give Evans much WR help, unless you count Hardy... who has "Off the Field" problems, which for a WR already spells trouble.

Their Defense is good, but they are in the same division as the Pats, so a couple tough losses should demoralize them past the point of return... just as it has the past 4-5 years.

Let's face it, it's Buffalo... It's sort of like the Lions of the AFC.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast