Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Rashard Mendenhall, Nice tweets douche

ESPN Mendenhall Tweets

The Pittsburgh Steelers running back on Monday tweeted: "What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side..."

Mendenhall didn't hold back, even making a reference to the Sept. 11 attacks.

"We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style."
    I've lost all respect for this guy
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Re: Rashard Mendenhall, Nice tweets douche

I completely agree those tweets were unnecessary and he was probably trying to be rational but came off as a complete idiot. With the Pittsburgh Nation being so conservative and the owners ties to Barack Obama, I can bet Pittsburgh is seriously considering releasing Mendenhall.
    None

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

TOTAL DOUCHE BAG!!!

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Do I really need to hear Hitler's side of the story? "Oh um a jew pushed me on the ground when I was little" Fuck hitler, fuck osama, and fuck ratard mendenhall
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

Why? IMO It was in extremely bad taste when those people took it to the streets and celebrated and cheered when his death was announced.
    I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. - MLK
    As for his second tweet, he's just stating a fact. No one knows "the true" about anything related to 9/11. There's no way a 747 can make a building fall like those towers did.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

What kind of person celebrates death?
    I think this statement actually gave me more respect for Rashard Mendenhall. As easy as it is, openly celebrating any person's death is disgusting and unnecessary. Just take a second and think about the fact that this guy has a family and people who grieve over his death. Seeing Americans on the TV openly celebrating his death must be very painful to them.
    It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side...
    I believe that you should never judge a man until he's absolutely proven guilty. Living in the Western world, we have only heard one side of the case with a touch of extreme propaganda. In theory, Mendenhall is making a good point, but at the same time it's a very naive thing to say and I don't think the U.S. government would go through so much trouble for nothing.
    We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style.
    Good point! I think it was strange too. I'm not saying I don't believe the Government's statement, but something looked off.
    "I believe in God. I believe we're ALL his children. And I believe HE is the ONE and ONLY judge."

"Those who judge others, will also be judged themselves."

"For those of you who said you want to see Bin Laden burn ... I ask how would God feel about your heart?"
    Mendenhall seems to be a man of his faith and I respect him for that.

Overall, I respect Mendenhall because he's not afraid to speak up about his thoughts and believes. It's also nice to hear from an American with individual and open-minded thoughts who has not been "brainwashed" by U.S. media and the society. Remember, it's a free world (well, at least this part of it is)!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Don't see what the big issue is.

His opinion, and he's voicing a valid opinion.

There were guys on CNN who's family members were killed in 9/11, saying basically the same thing, are they douchebags too?

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

It's his opinion and he is entitled to it, if you don't like it don't follow him!

DR Martin Luther King Jr once said.. I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy.

Which i'd guess Mendenhall was trying to say, just not as eloquently.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Culpepper_4717" #1096173
    Why? IMO It was in extremely bad taste when those people took it to the streets and celebrated and cheered when his death was announced.
    I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. - MLK
    As for his second tweet, he's just stating a fact. No one knows "the true" about anything related to 9/11. There's no way a 747 can make a building fall like those towers did.
    It wasn't the 747 my friend, it was the ensuing fire that eventually weakened the structures that made them collapse on themselves.

As to Rashard...........My dad had a saying......

"I thought you were smart until you opened your mouth and blew your cover."

Not sure about you guys, but I spent 22 years of my life defending the rights of this fine country. The rigth to free speach is one of them.

Anyone with half a brain understands that he just blew his cover.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think people just need to get over themselves and not get all butthurt about this.

Was Osama a terrible person? Oh hell yes.

Did he deserve to die? Probably

From the sound of Mendenhalls tweets, he's a firm believer in god.

He thinks no one person should be able to pass judgement on another person. That includes everyone, whether they're white, black, Muslim or Hindu.

If he wants to believe that, that's all on him, and who the fuck are you all to tell him otherwise.

Now, is he saying this just to stir the pot? That could be another story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast