Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Ranking the RBs 1-16

it'll be interesting to see the RB situation here develop. there is a loooot of hype for these 2, and our depth is very solid compared to what i've seen on other teams.

if this is how we build our team, 1 piece at a time seems we are moving well.

solid line play, solid rb, maybe next year we have solid qb, solid wr's to match?

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"josdin00" wrote:
    I thought this quote from the article was interesting:

While former Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Childress has begun to develop a team in the image of his former employer at wideout, Andy Reid never had a running back tandem quite like this.
    That kind of makes me all tingly inside, hopefully it takes less than 4 conference championship losses in a row to get to the super bowl though.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    The emergence of successful running back committees across the league, the wide variance in running back performance from year to year and the dramatic impact of offensive line play on a running back's performance have shifted the perception of what a successful running back is, and the role he plays on a successful team.
    Two years ago & last offseason, many here laughed & scoffed at the idea of running back by commitee & adimently expressed the need for a full-time back.

I wasn't one of them.

Now it's becoming more of the norm & accepted & those same people who scoffed at it are now loving the 1-2 punch of C-Tay & AD.
    I was one of those people but there is a huge difference between the Running Back by committee that we ran under Tice and the one we're going to be running next year. A Mewelde Moore, Michael Bennett, Ciatrick Fason tandem doesn't hold a candle to a Chester Taylor, Adrian Peterson, Mewelde Moore tandem.

If the latter running back by committee had been proposed last year, people would be jumping for joy.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    The emergence of successful running back committees across the league, the wide variance in running back performance from year to year and the dramatic impact of offensive line play on a running back's performance have shifted the perception of what a successful running back is, and the role he plays on a successful team.
    Two years ago & last offseason, many here laughed & scoffed at the idea of running back by commitee & adimently expressed the need for a full-time back.

I wasn't one of them.

Now it's becoming more of the norm & accepted & those same people who scoffed at it are now loving the 1-2 punch of C-Tay & AD.
    I was one of those people but there is a huge difference between the Running Back by committee that we ran under Tice and the one we're going to be running next year. A Mewelde Moore, Michael Bennett, Ciatrick Fason tandem doesn't hold a candle to a Chester Taylor, Adrian Peterson, Mewelde Moore tandem.

If the latter running back by committee had been proposed last year, people would be jumping for joy.
    Well obviously, when you have to potentially great backs... yes. But it should have been that way last year as well.

Moore should have gotten more carries last year. I'm not saying a 50/50 split or anything like that, but had they used him more, Taylor probably wouldn't have tired out by the end of last season. He was definitely overworked.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12