Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ranking NFL owners

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Alharrissuks91" wrote:
    bs al davis is a ugly whitetrash man with no idea how to run a business. He should be working at the cracker barrel instead. :evil:
    Dude - you have no clue. You might want to look at a little history and not just assume that things began when you became aware.

=Z=
    Read this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Davis
    and learn.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    Zygi's done a lot of good. He just hasn't been around long enough to establish himself.
    I'm a Zygi-supporter as much as the next guy, but what exactly is the "lot of good" that he has done?

Firing your coach 45 minutes after a game in the locker room and then telling the players via a press release?

Losing out on your first choice (Gregg Williams) of coach and then reaching for a second choice with no experience as a head man?

Losing out on your first choice of player personnel guy and then hiring a complete bonehead who lied about his qualifications and had to be fired after he alienated every other executive in your organization?

He's spending money appropriately, it seems, and he's letting the football people run the team. He's gotten the Vikes closer to a new stadium than ever before - and I believe he'll get that deal done sooner rather than later. But he hasn't done much to improve the product on the field.

I'm still in the wait-and-see stage here - not willing to anoint him as one of the best owners in the NFL - not willing to condemn him as being a complete bonehead.

=Z=
    Completely agree.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

The ends will justify the means. Even though Tice was fired in the locker room, he should have been gone when we lost to Green Bay in 2004. Everyone knew that Tice's coaching stint was just about over by that point anyways.

"But he hasn't done much to improve the product on the field."

How can you criticize him for this when the players haven't even taken a snap yet?

The best thing that Zygi has done: He has helped bring a new attitude to the Vikings. I feel that it is a time to expect more from this team, and that we have an owner that actually wants to see success on the field. I never got that feeling from Red. Getting Coach Childress helped him set a new no-nonsense stigma around the Vikings. I believe that this new attitude will have profound results in the future. I hope the players will work hard, and failure will not be tolerated.

There is no reason to label Wilf as good or bad yet, but I am happy that our owner is taking the Vikings in a new direction.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Zeus is fired up today !!

The jury is still out on Zygi, and rightfully so.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    The easiest way to be a great owner is to SPEND SPEND SPEND. (assuming your not a complete idiot and can land some decent players)
    That seems to increase your fan's approval rating.
    You just described George Steinbrenner! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    The easiest way to be a great owner is to SPEND SPEND SPEND. (assuming your not a complete idiot and can land some decent players)
    That seems to increase your fan's approval rating.
    You just described George Steinbrenner! :lol:

And yet everyone seems to dislike The Boss but he always spends his big money more wisely than the others (see Peter Angelos and the O's of the late 90's).
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Prophet Guest

Tice was not fired. His contract wasn't renewed. No surprise to anyone. He said he wanted to find out ASAP. He did.

The only logical choice for the coaching staff, owner, and new acquisitions is to wait and see. It will be fun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123