Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Ranking NFL owners

Interesting, but not surprising. I think Zygi is one of, if not the best owner the Vikings have ever had. Mr. Silver puts him in the 'out to lunch' category.

In good (and bad) hands
    Evaluating and ranking all the NFL owners, from 1-32
    Posted: Thursday June 29, 2006 12:44PM; Updated: Thursday June 29, 2006 4:28PM

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Ranking NFL owners

Wilf, like a certain high-profile leader with a plummeting approval rating, talks a big game -- he threatened during a locker room rant to cut the players responsible for the Vikings' infamous "Love Boat" party last fall -- but hasn't bothered to deliver. His first big front-office hire, former Chargers scouting director Fran Foley, blew up after three months.
    I agree with Prophet. I think Wilf is a pretty great owner. He is going to get us a new stadium, and is spending the money needed to bring in talented players and coaches.

This guy doesn't know what he is talking about.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

It wouldn't take much to be an improvement over Red, but I'm definitely happy with Wilf so far.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Kraft and Jones are A$$HOLES!!! Everyone conveniently forgets that Kraft threatened to move the Patsies to Hartford in order to get a new stadium...the F'n smarmy bass turd!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

its probably we all think zygi is a god because red was such a a$$hole
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

"mr.woo" wrote:
    its probably we all think zygi is a god because red was such a a$$hole
    Could be true, maybe Zygi is just an average owner.

What? Some owners actually fix the leaking roof at the practice facility? NO WAY!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

He has started to turn the Viking's around! He has been trying to correct errors that Red was making, he is spending money on the Viking's facilities that Red wouldn't address because he was so cheap while he was pocketing an average of 30 million a year in profit.

Ziggy has gotten us closer to a new stadium in 1 year than Red did in 8 years of trying.

He has spent money on free agents that Red would never have approved (only when Red had sold the team did he spend money in FA and that was Ziggy's money last year not Red's)

He has taken a under paid undermanned coaching staff and turned it into the exact opposite.

So give the guy sometime and see how it goes before saying he is "out to lunch" you ignoramus!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

brandsp is offline Rookie

I don't know why this guy would write this article. He obviously did little research. His only points are that which have been already written about. His scope was too big to handle, consequently he missed the boat. (Pun intented)

I can't think of any negative things he's done... although I suppose your could toss in the hiring of Fran Foley into that category.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I don't think the Fran Foley debacle can be blamed solely on Zygi. Foley was highly spoken of throughout the league and had a nice resume. If you think someone is a good hire you don't look into every detail of a resume. Zygi acted quickly though once Foley's deficiencies came to the fore.

Zygi's done a lot of good. He just hasn't been around long enough to establish himself.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast