Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: Ranking the NFC North by position groups...

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    GB should be better if Rodgers stays healthy all year, but they have no back up whatsoever, and Rodgers has only played 1 season.
    That is a fair analogy of the Packers QB position as of
    current, but Cutler only has one year that comes close to Rodgers in terms of numbers and I challenge you to tell me they have anything behind if for depth..

But to your point, yes Rodgers has to do it for more than one year.. agreed.

Oh and Chilly over MM.. come now.. that has to be a homer call..

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"pack93z" wrote:
    On the Running Back rankings.. why is everyone so high on Chicago's running back Forte?

Ryan Grant 312 carries, 3.9 ypc, 1203 yards and 4 TD's..
    Matt Forte 316 Carries, 3.9 ypc, 1238 yards and 8 TD's...
    Kevin Smith 238Carries, 4.1 ypc, 976 yards and 8 TD's..

The only real variance is the 4 TD's.. but once you take in account that Rodgers ran in 4 TD's inside the 5 and the numbers are a virtual identical.. Will some point to the fumbles as the reason to downgrade Grant to last.. he had 4.. Forte had 1.. so that is 1.3 % of the time Grant coughed it up, .3% the Forte coughed it up.. is that really a reason to kick Grant to the end of the line? Because if that 1% is that huge, we need to take into consideration that AP fumbles at a 2.5% clip... BTW.. Kevin Smith of Det fumbles at a .8% clip.

Then take a look at the depth on the respective teams.. Kevin Jones as a Backup or Brandon Jackson? The numbers support Jackson over Jones.. but lets call it a push..

So clearly, Taylor and Peterson headline the charts hands down.. but is Chicago really superior to the Packers.. and do the Packers really warrant a last place standing?
    I think a strong argument can be made to placing the Packers last in the division.. especially when you consider Grant played hurt for the beginning of the season through the mid part nursing an hamstring..

While the production is similar I think Grant benefitted from a stronger supporting cast. By the rankings the Packers had a better QB, OLine, WRs.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"pack93z" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    GB should be better if Rodgers stays healthy all year, but they have no back up whatsoever, and Rodgers has only played 1 season.
    That is a fair analogy of the Packers QB position as of
    current, but Cutler only has one year that comes close to Rodgers in terms of numbers and I challenge you to tell me they have anything behind if for depth..

But to your point, yes Rodgers has to do it for more than one year.. agreed.

Oh and Chilly over MM.. come now.. that has to be a homer call..
    I did over look that, my first thought was they had grossman, but he was released. My new rankings(again assuming Favre does sign with the vikings)
    QB: Vikings, Bears, Packers, Lions.
    Cutler still beats out Rodgers, for the moment, because he has a little more experience. Very close though.
    I am probably in the minority in that I think the back up qb is a very important position(top10). Packer fans probably don't realize this as much since they have went 17 years or so without ever needing a back up, but that could come to an end very soon. (btw, I'm not in favor of signing Favre, and think his best days are behind him).

I am looking at the entire coaching staff, not just the head coach. MM took a 13-3 team, got rid of arguably there best, most consistant player for next to nothing and turned them into a 6-10 team. Childress continues to show consistant improvement, he took a 8-8 team and got them to 10-6 and a division championship. Coaching is all about winning. I was never high on MM, I was shocked when they hired him, he was San Fran O-coordinator before GB and that was a horrible offense. Also I don't think MM has shown enough class(he handled the Favre saga poorly IMHO).
    The Bears still get first because they continue to be competitive year in year out. And because Lovie has a lot of class. Plus he has the most experience(and two nfc north titles).

thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

QB- Green Bay, Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit

RB- Minnesota, Chicago, Green Bay/Detroit

FB- Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota

WR- Green Bay, Minnesota/Detroit, Chicago

TE- Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit, Green Bay

OT- Minnesota, Chicago, Green Bay, Detroit

OG- Minnesota, Chicago, Green Bay, Detroit

OC- Chicago, Green Bay, Detroit, Minnesota

DT/NT- Minnesota, Chicago, Green Bay, Detroit

DE- Minnesota, Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit

OLB- Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, Green Bay

MLB/ILB- Chicago, Minnesota, Green Bay, Detroit

CB- Green Bay, Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit

S- Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago

K- Detroit/Minnesota/Green Bay/Chicago

P- Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, Green Bay

Coach - Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit

3 most important positions in the NFCN: Running Back, Defensive Tackle, Linebacker

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12