Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Perch56's Avatar
    Perch56 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    348

    Ranking all 32 teams at quarterback

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7024980

    Look who is last!!!

  2. #2
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: Ranking all 32 teams at quarterback

    Packers at 16?
    Farve will fall on his ass.

  3. #3
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: Ranking all 32 teams at quarterback




    Well, they had us at 31nd last season and 32nd this season, I'll look and the good side and say we have nowhere but up the ranks to go....


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  4. #4
    purpleFavreEaters's Avatar
    purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    773

    Re: Ranking all 32 teams at quarterback

    Doesnt surprise me, he has done nothing to prove otherwise. Plus we have not given him any help at the WR position. I am hopeing for the best. Lets hope he goes out there and proves everyone wrong. Otherwise we will have a ND boy starting at QB for the Vikes. Very nice.(Not to say he is better just that he is from ND, my home state...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    652

    Re: Ranking all 32 teams at quarterback

    Tavaris Jackson started two games at the end of last season and looked helpless. Jackson is a decent athlete who has the arm and IQ to succeed, but he faced a huge adjustment from a Division I-AA spread offense to Brad Childress' quantum physics scheme. Jackson's first instinct last season was to run at the first sign of trouble. Brooks Bollinger, who may challenge Jackson, went 2-7 as a starter for the Jets in 2005; the teams he beat had a combined 9-23 record. Bollinger is an undersized high-effort guy with decent mobility but little else. Tyler Thigpen, a rookie from Coastal Carolina, will get a long look in camp. Thigpen, like Bollinger, lists at 6-foot-1, an inch shorter than Jackson. Childress may want to hire some roller coaster attendants to make sure that his quarterbacks meet minimum height requirements.
    hahahahaha. Thats all I was trying to say. hahaha. I like this guy. Hes more of a realist.
    ;D hahaha.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

    R.I.P. Sean Taylor

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ranking all 32 teams at quarterback

    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    Tavaris Jackson started two games at the end of last season and looked helpless. Jackson is a decent athlete who has the arm and IQ to succeed, but he faced a huge adjustment from a Division I-AA spread offense to Brad Childress' quantum physics scheme. Jackson's first instinct last season was to run at the first sign of trouble. Brooks Bollinger, who may challenge Jackson, went 2-7 as a starter for the Jets in 2005; the teams he beat had a combined 9-23 record. Bollinger is an undersized high-effort guy with decent mobility but little else. Tyler Thigpen, a rookie from Coastal Carolina, will get a long look in camp. Thigpen, like Bollinger, lists at 6-foot-1, an inch shorter than Jackson. Childress may want to hire some roller coaster attendants to make sure that his quarterbacks meet minimum height requirements.
    hahahahaha. Thats all I was trying to say. hahaha. I like this guy. Hes more of a realist.
    ;D hahaha.
    Exactly what were you trying to say?
    That Jackson is a decent athlete who has the arm and IQ to succeed, but hasn't shown us anything concrete in his extremely limited playing time?
    Cuz I can live with that.

    Right now I would agree that it is fair enough to rank us last.
    But there is a huge question mark over TJ.
    He could be very good or very bad.
    He has had an entire off season to learn the scheme, and every report I have heard says that he is a very fast learner.
    I think he will be much improved over last year, and will continue to improve each year.

    But since he hasn't shown us anything yet, it is fair to rank us last.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    652

    Re: Ranking all 32 teams at quarterback

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    Tavaris Jackson started two games at the end of last season and looked helpless. Jackson is a decent athlete who has the arm and IQ to succeed, but he faced a huge adjustment from a Division I-AA spread offense to Brad Childress' quantum physics scheme. Jackson's first instinct last season was to run at the first sign of trouble. Brooks Bollinger, who may challenge Jackson, went 2-7 as a starter for the Jets in 2005; the teams he beat had a combined 9-23 record. Bollinger is an undersized high-effort guy with decent mobility but little else. Tyler Thigpen, a rookie from Coastal Carolina, will get a long look in camp. Thigpen, like Bollinger, lists at 6-foot-1, an inch shorter than Jackson. Childress may want to hire some roller coaster attendants to make sure that his quarterbacks meet minimum height requirements.
    hahahahaha. Thats all I was trying to say. hahaha. I like this guy. Hes more of a realist.
    ;D hahaha.
    Exactly what were you trying to say?
    That Jackson is a decent athlete who has the arm and IQ to succeed, but hasn't shown us anything concrete in his extremely limited playing time?
    Cuz I can live with that.

    Right now I would agree that it is fair enough to rank us last.
    But there is a huge question mark over TJ.
    He could be very good or very bad.
    He has had an entire off season to learn the scheme, and every report I have heard says that he is a very fast learner.
    I think he will be much improved over last year, and will continue to improve each year.

    But since he hasn't shown us anything yet, it is fair to rank us last.
    Yeah mostly. Some stuff wasnt exactly what I thought. He is a decent athlete but I dont like athletes. I like football players. A football player will win games. A athlete will put up great stats. I dont know if you understand what I was saying but there is a differnece and I dont like athletes. I dont need my quarterback to be an athlete. I just need him to be able to throw the ball with accuracy and precision. I want him to be a football player. He does have an arm but all I was saying I don't think that the rocket arm or the ability to throw a 70 yard pass is neccessarily a top priority in a system based on 7 yard routes. The IQ part. I didnt know and frankly I was happy that that was true. I love that in a quarterback. That made me think of him higher but still not higher enough to change my belief that theres a better chance of failure then greatness.

    I do see these parts as true.
    "Tavaris Jackson started two games at the end of last season and looked helpless."- He did look bad and i dont like people saying stuff like Brad Johnson would have done a lot worse and what not. He did look bad just look at the numbers. Im not saying that means he'll be horrid next year or in a few years just that he looked bad. And this one with pocket presence " Jackson's first instinct last season was to run at the first sign of trouble."

    "There is a huge question mark over TJ. He could be very good or very bad."-You. Yes I agree with that but Ive been going with very bad because its more likely and like this guy said he hasn't shown or given us proof that he can be the future. I am just waiting before I go and say he'll bring us to our first super bowl win.

    I want to say that we've come to a final opinion of each other and can be at peace with each others statements but that will pend with you. I said I didnt want to respond on this topic or Childress anymore so I'll stop.

    But I see my thoughts as a win-win. T-Jack does horrid. My thoughts were right. And I can use my favorite statement. "Put that in your juice box and suck it." If T-Jack becomes greatness I become ecstatic as we go deep into the play-offs.

    PS I do have a question if some one could answer me
    ...to Brad Childress' quantum physics scheme.
    Brad chidress has a offense similar to that of quantum physics?
    ???
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

    R.I.P. Sean Taylor

  8. #8
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Ranking all 32 teams at quarterback

    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:

    PS I do have a question if some one could answer me
    ...to Brad Childress' quantum physics scheme.
    Brad chidress has a offense similar to that of quantum physics?
    ???
    It means his offensive scheme is complicated & difficult to learn.

    IMO, it's to complicated, much like Cottrells defensive scheme was. You had an all veteran line that could not gel after 20 games as 1 example of that.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Similar Threads

  1. Sack differentials for NFC West teams (Actually has all 32 Teams)
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 10:09 AM
  2. Teams you like and teams you don't like - for no real rational reason
    By StillPurple in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 09:22 PM
  3. Ranking the NFL Teams: The Defensive Line
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 02:39 AM
  4. Ranking the most popular teams in Minnesota
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 11:31 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 10:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •