Manning
    Culpepper
    Brady
    McNabb
    Roethlisberger
    Pennington
    Bulger
    Vick
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Del Rio Guest

Rank the QBs

Mcgwire hit a lot of HR's but it didn't make him the #1 player that year.

Brady gets my #1 Manning still has some things to accomplish. I guess this weekend we will see.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Rank the QBs

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    yall are crazy. I look at it like who would I draft or rather have on my team. then I rank them like the following

peyton-is there any question
    brady-the hardware says it all
    Pepp-1 playoff win from arriving as one of the best
    McNabb-you don't go to 3-NFC champ games with 0 weapons without being good
    Vick-passing is a question but he gets the job done
    rothlesburger-13-0 need I say more
    pennington-good game manager
    Bulger-his weapons make him better than he really is but still a very good QB

C'mon i think some of you are looking at Vick as his qb skills but he is a gol 'darnit good runner and an improving QB
    I see potential, Manning and DC have that.

Who was going to put Brady on that list before he won even one SB game? Not many.

Peerless Price looked darn good with Bledsoe. Where the heck is he now, ON THE ATL FALCONS watching Vick run and Dunn and Crumpler catch passes. This is the west coast offense get the ball to a WR now and then.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Rank the QBs

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Toss this idea around.

Manning he seems almost unstoppable. There seems to be no real good way to get to him. And the Colts score upwards of 40 points a game.

What if you took the 15 yard penalty and hit him every time you could. I don't condone this but a friend of mine was saying it had been done back in the old days of leather helms.

Of course the penalties didn't exsist but that would certainly get into his head.
    Actually that's not a bad idea...the whole thing with Manning is he rarely gets any kind of pressure, so he does what he wants, moves the ball at will. The Pats are one of the few teams that have gotten to him and he doesn't respond well at all. Might be worth it to take a couple long penalties to get to him like that.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Rank the QBs

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:

He must love Vick, because to put him that high...well I'm trying hard to set personal bias aside but I just don't see how Culpepper could be any lower than number 2 on this list. There is no way you could say Vick or McNabb are better than Pep this year...sorry, they may have better defenses, but Pep has worked some magic this year and it's about gol 'darnit time he got his props.
    I totally agree with you. The had DC ranked lower mainly because he hasn't gone as far in the playoffs. They had him like 4 and 5 or something like that which is definitely not 2. Brady and McNabb have been to the Conf. Champ games is where they were coming from. But once again, I agree with you number 2 is as low as he goes for QB ability.

See that is the problem unless it is specific on what you are grading them on, everyone has their own opinion. Just like I had to list one for each criteria.
    Yeah when it comes to playoff performance it's hard to not put Brady at or right near the top. I think it's that aspect that people say makes him like Montana, just his ability to stay sharp in all situations and execute well even with pressure.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Rank the QBs

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Toss this idea around.

Manning he seems almost unstoppable. There seems to be no real good way to get to him. And the Colts score upwards of 40 points a game.

What if you took the 15 yard penalty and hit him every time you could. I don't condone this but a friend of mine was saying it had been done back in the old days of leather helms.

Of course the penalties didn't exsist but that would certainly get into his head.
    Actually that's not a bad idea...the whole thing with Manning is he rarely gets any kind of pressure, so he does what he wants, moves the ball at will. The Pats are one of the few teams that have gotten to him and he doesn't respond well at all. Might be worth it to take a couple long penalties to get to him like that.
    Sounds good, I think we let Johnstone get one or two penalties out of his system right off the bat. That way he won't feel like doing it late in the game when there is less time for F*** Ups.

Rank the QBs

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:

He must love Vick, because to put him that high...well I'm trying hard to set personal bias aside but I just don't see how Culpepper could be any lower than number 2 on this list. There is no way you could say Vick or McNabb are better than Pep this year...sorry, they may have better defenses, but Pep has worked some magic this year and it's about gol 'darnit time he got his props.
    I totally agree with you. The had DC ranked lower mainly because he hasn't gone as far in the playoffs. They had him like 4 and 5 or something like that which is definitely not 2. Brady and McNabb have been to the Conf. Champ games is where they were coming from. But once again, I agree with you number 2 is as low as he goes for QB ability.

See that is the problem unless it is specific on what you are grading them on, everyone has their own opinion. Just like I had to list one for each criteria.
    Yeah when it comes to playoff performance it's hard to not put Brady at or right near the top. I think it's that aspect that people say makes him like Montana, just his ability to stay sharp in all situations and execute well even with pressure.
    I understand what you are saying.

But, it just isn't fair to say that DC (or McNabb and Manning) doesn't exibit the same kind of play. Only difference is that one has rings and the other doesn't. It is just someone's opinions and that is it.

Rank the QBs

What...no Favre? lol
    Even babies know the difference.

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

Rank the QBs

It's a ranking only of remaining playoff QB's.

Otherwise Vick would be off of my list, and Trent Green, Drew Brees (is he proven?), Matt Hasselbeck, Drew Bledsoe, and Brett Favre would have to be in the mix as well.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

scorptile is offline Starter

Rank the QBs

actually its not brady that won the SB's it was vinitari...plus brady is behind a great offensive line as well...heck you could put bulger back there and he could play just as good...plus everyone goes hes got the hardware..yes he does but it was the defense and the kicker that got him that hardware not his ability...manning in the first game of the season only had one int but so did brady...the colts only lost by a field goal but that would've been tied if the kicker would've made his...so this game between the colts and patriots will be about can brady actually win a game with skill and not let his injury prone defense down?? manning and co. will probably be on their game this time and the defense will introduce itself....definately bob sanders coming out party this sunday...
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast