Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Randy Moss Is A Tennessee Titan

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1080812
    Three weeks is enough to function at a minimal to fair level with a little luck.

So the numbers on Moss as regards the Viking offense are moot at best and irrelevant at worst.

Favre is a Superstar, so it's pretty clear he figured it out.
    I wasn't talking about PatsRandy's numbers, I was talking about the team numbers.

The falacy that he because takes a extra defender with him and would help our offense improve is thrown out the window based on that stat.

Again, all he had to do is run a 9 route if that was the case. How long does it take to learn that?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Marrdro said:

The falacy that he because takes a extra defender with him and would help our offense improve is thrown out the window based on that stat.
    No, it's not. That stat doesn't mean a damned thing. First off, the time period is too short to be meaningful. Second, you can't measure accurately that way....there are simply too many other factors and variables that would have to be considered.

Anytime one player can tie up two defenders it's a net gain for the offense of one.

You are attempting to blame Moss for the team's failure to capitalize on that advantage.

That's simply not valid.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1081032
    Marrdro said:

No, it's not. That stat doesn't mean a damned thing. First off, the time period is too short to be meaningful. Second, you can't measure accurately that way....there are simply too many other factors and variables that would have to be considered.
    Of course logic would dictate that a true metric/sample from a longer time period would be better, however, a metric/sample is a metric/sample and in this case our production (or efficiency ) went down.

Anytime one player can tie up two defenders it's a net gain for the offense of one.
    Obviously, it isn't as our stats went down.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081033
    Marrdro said:

Of course logic would dictate that a true metric/sample from a longer time period would be better, however, a metric/sample is a metric/sample and in this case our production (or efficiency ) went down.

Especially if the guy tying up the two players isn't actually trying when the ball doesn't come his way. Or even when it does.

Lost it in the lights, my ass.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Marrdro said:

Incorrect. The correct answer is that the team failed to capitalize on the advantage.

Your failure is that you don't understand that our stats are based on many players and many variables among those players.

Saying it's all Moss is far too simplistic to be correct.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Some think that Moss blew off some steam on Wednesday by assuming a different name (“Woody”) and calling a Nashville radio station to complain about Titans coach Jeff Fisher.

Clay Travis of FanHouse.com serves as a host of the show to which “Woody” called. Travis seems to think that Woody was Moss.

The Titans have said that there’s “no way” that “Woody” is Randy Moss, a response that seems to fall in the “doth protest too much” category. We can’t say it’s definitely Moss, but the Titans can’t say it definitely isn’t.

Given that Moss knows he can’t say anything about Fisher, is it all that ludicrous to think he placed the call?

In this craziest of NFL seasons, we think it’s not that ludicrous at all. In fact, after listening to the audio multiple times, we think Moss is Woody.
    The latest Randy Moss controversy could be the weirdest yet

LOL, I wonder if PatsRandy's next move will to become his own agent.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085336
    Some think that Moss blew off some steam on Wednesday by assuming a different name (“Woody”) and calling a Nashville radio station to complain about Titans coach Jeff Fisher.

Clay Travis of FanHouse.com serves as a host of the show to which “Woody” called. Travis seems to think that Woody was Moss.

The Titans have said that there’s “no way” that “Woody” is Randy Moss, a response that seems to fall in the “doth protest too much” category. We can’t say it’s definitely Moss, but the Titans can’t say it definitely isn’t.

Given that Moss knows he can’t say anything about Fisher, is it all that ludicrous to think he placed the call?

In this craziest of NFL seasons, we think it’s not that ludicrous at all. In fact, after listening to the audio multiple times, we think Moss is Woody.
    The latest Randy Moss controversy could be the weirdest yet

LOL, I wonder if PatsRandy's next move will to become his own agent.
    I sure does sound like Moss.

Woody or Moss

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Think Moss is going to retire? Or will he find a job next year assuming there is football? Same with TO. Cannot see him going back to the bengals .
    We're bringing purple back.

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1085450
    Think Moss is going to retire? Or will he find a job next year assuming there is football? Same with TO. Cannot see him going back to the bengals .
    They were talking about Moss and TO on Mike and MIke this morning.

Decision was who do you take for a 1 year contract, PatsRandy or TO. Marcus said TO.

My honest opinion.....Unless PatsRandy can figure out how to beat double teams like he used to, he is done as well.

He still has the speed and the name so I am sure someone will take a shot on him, but by mid season I bet he is without a job. Teams know how to defend him and he can't beat it and its been proven that he doesn't really affect the game by taking that extra defender with him like the chuckle heads on ESPN have been saying.

Just look at how good the Pats are doing without him. AD's and the Noodles numbers went down with him on the team and now the Titans RB's numbers are down and he (Johnson) is complaining.

Its not fun to watch one of the greats fade away, however, I feel that is what we saw this year.

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1081060
    Marrdro said:

Incorrect. The correct answer is that the team failed to capitalize on the advantage.

Your failure is that you don't understand that our stats are based on many players and many variables among those players.

Saying it's all Moss is far too simplistic to be correct.
    Somehow I missed this comical attempt at laying blame at the Chillers feet.

Quick question, are you now saying that Jeff Fischer is incompetent as well and can't capitalize on the advantage?

I am starting to think I might need to start using that "Owned" thing only for you. Thats 5 of them I could have used in just 3 days.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast