Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47
  1. #11
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Randy Moss Is A Tennessee Titan

    3 games, 4 catches, 39yards, 0td, 0-3

    For the season the Vikings, Patriots, Titans are a combined
    4-7 with moss
    14-8 without moss

    Once a great player, now just a great cancer.

  2. #12
    Turboe's Avatar
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,593

    Re: Randy Moss Is A Tennessee Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1080671
    3 games, 4 catches, 39yards, 0td, 0-3

    For the season the Vikings, Patriots, Titans are a combined
    4-7 with moss
    14-8 without moss

    Once a great player, now just a great cancer.
    That is shocking to look at, I knew the basic numbers, but to see the W-L in black and white like that with and without Moss is pretty shocking. Obviously lots of factors, but the numbers are what they are.

    It is with great sadness that I prepare for the thought of just cutting Randy outright off my fantasy team this week as well. Who would have thought it would come to this. I was pissed when Chilly cut him, and now that I am the coach and GM I am contemplating doing it myself.

  3. #13
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Randy Moss Is A Tennessee Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1080671
    Once a great player, now just a great cancer.
    Well put!

  4. #14
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,947

    Re: Randy Moss Is A Tennessee Titan

    He caught three of five on Sunday.

    He must be getting more in synch with the QB.

    His team, though......they seem to have some attitude problems.

    That Superstar running back of theirs is sputtering and their overall team play is shaky.

    One guy is starting fights and getting big fines.

    Moss is probably sitting back and saying......"This is a nice change. Other people are getting headlines and keeping the media busy. I can relax."
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

  5. #15
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Randy Moss Is A Tennessee Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1080682
    He caught three of five on Sunday.

    He must be getting more in synch with the QB.

    His team, though......they seem to have some attitude problems.

    That Superstar running back of theirs is sputtering and their overall team play is shaky.

    One guy is starting fights and getting big fines.

    Moss is probably sitting back and saying......"This is a nice change. Other people are getting headlines and keeping the media busy. I can relax."
    He's probably wishing he hadn't pissed and moaned his way out of New England. He still doesn't have a contract and probably cost himself millions.
    Had he just played out his contract quietly in New England he would have put up decent numbers(Tom Brady) and been offered a kings ransom as a unrestricted free agent.

  6. #16
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Randy Moss Is A Tennessee Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by "Turboe" #1080674
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1080671
    3 games, 4 catches, 39yards, 0td, 0-3

    For the season the Vikings, Patriots, Titans are a combined
    4-7 with moss
    14-8 without moss

    Once a great player, now just a great cancer.
    That is shocking to look at, I knew the basic numbers, but to see the W-L in black and white like that with and without Moss is pretty shocking. Obviously lots of factors, but the numbers are what they are.

    It is with great sadness that I prepare for the thought of just cutting Randy outright off my fantasy team this week as well. Who would have thought it would come to this. I was pissed when Chilly cut him, and now that I am the coach and GM I am contemplating doing it myself.
    I cut him 2 weeks ago to pick up Vinchenzo Jackson! I went through the same emotions. LOL!

    I still have him on another team, mostly because I traded a Packer fan for him. Sucks! I am going down with the Moss ship on this one. Luckily I still have enough fire power to compete. Lloyd, Holmes, A.Johnson, Moss will be a back up. I have 2 RBs and 2 WRs and a Flex spot to fill. Holmes is the Flex

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Randy Moss Is A Tennessee Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by "Turboe" #1080674
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1080671
    3 games, 4 catches, 39yards, 0td, 0-3

    For the season the Vikings, Patriots, Titans are a combined
    4-7 with moss
    14-8 without moss

    Once a great player, now just a great cancer.
    That is shocking to look at, I knew the basic numbers, but to see the W-L in black and white like that with and without Moss is pretty shocking. Obviously lots of factors, but the numbers are what they are.

    It is with great sadness that I prepare for the thought of just cutting Randy outright off my fantasy team this week as well. Who would have thought it would come to this. I was pissed when Chilly cut him, and now that I am the coach and GM I am contemplating doing it myself.
    I should have written them down when they were shown, but our numbers, shown on NFLN Total Access (Yards per run/Yards per catch) were down with him on the team.

    I've poked 3 or 4 people with that stat over the last few weeks and all I get is crickets.

    Wonder why.....LOL:laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,947

    Re: Randy Moss Is A Tennessee Titan

    Why? That's elementary.

    Primarily because he didn't know the playbook and had to learn the absurdly complicated Chilldress offense before they could use him for anything but a decoy.

    He was probably just to the point where he could fit into the offense when Chilldress fired him.

    Three weeks is about the time it takes.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

  9. #19
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,862

    Re: Randy Moss Is A Tennessee Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1080771
    Why? That's elementary.

    Primarily because he didn't know the playbook and had to learn the absurdly complicated Chilldress offense before they could use him for anything but a decoy.

    He was probably just to the point where he could fit into the offense when Chilldress fired him.

    Three weeks is about the time it takes.
    3 weeks huh. Favre hasn't figured it out in 20 years.

  10. #20
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,947

    Re: Randy Moss Is A Tennessee Titan

    Three weeks is enough to function at a minimal to fair level with a little luck.

    So the numbers on Moss as regards the Viking offense are moot at best and irrelevant at worst.

    Favre is a Superstar, so it's pretty clear he figured it out.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Randy Moss on MNF
    By gamecocksbaseball31 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 11:17 PM
  2. Saw T.O. do something that Randy Moss never would have...
    By NodakPaul in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 03:40 PM
  3. RANDY MOSS!!
    By mnrockstar in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 05:06 AM
  4. Randy Moss
    By vikez06 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 09:01 PM
  5. Randy Moss
    By wv__viking__fan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-23-2004, 05:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •