Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Randy Moss says he wanted to be a Falcon or Raven!!!

that guy definatly blew it up a little bit lol

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"IpartyWithSmoot" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    "farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by boognish
    Quote Originally Posted by farvathevikinglover
    just think if it HAD happened. Vick and Moss. enough said.
    Right, a QB who can't hit the side of a barn with his passes and a WR who can't stay healthy for a whole season. wow roll .
    alright, i see your point. it would have some potential, though.
    it doesn't matter, just throw that ball up there and he won't have to hit anything, Moss will go get it!! plus, if you add Moss into the picture the Safties have to stay back, and they can't play man on man coverage anymore, which doesn't put a lot of pressure on Vick, so he could run and gun just like he used to when he came into the league!!
    Yep...that worked in Minnesota! Oh wait...no it didn't.
    Yes it did......
    Haha, beat me to it.
    :roll: Sorry boys, but when Moss when up to get those passes, they were right on target, just as intended.

Moss has stated that several times. That's where he wanted them & that's where they were delivered. Regardless if it was Cunningham, George or Culpepper throwing them.

Leaping was one of Moss' strengths & the Vikings played to it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "IpartyWithSmoot" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    Right, a QB who can't hit the side of a barn with his passes and a WR who can't stay healthy for a whole season. wow roll .
    it doesn't matter, just throw that ball up there and he won't have to hit anything, Moss will go get it!! plus, if you add Moss into the picture the Safties have to stay back, and they can't play man on man coverage anymore, which doesn't put a lot of pressure on Vick, so he could run and gun just like he used to when he came into the league!!
    Yes it did......
    Haha, beat me to it.
    roll Sorry boys, but when Moss when up to get those passes, they were right on target, just as intended.

Moss has stated that several times. That's where he wanted them & that's where they were delivered. Regardless if it was Cunningham, George or Culpepper throwing them.

Nevertheless, it worked in Minnesota.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "IpartyWithSmoot" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEaters89
    Yes it did......
    Haha, beat me to it.
    roll Sorry boys, but when Moss when up to get those passes, they were right on target, just as intended.

No, I don't think it did. It was way too inconsistent. If you look at Culpepper's biggest years he always had Moss down the field and a guy underneath to run routes. In 2000 it was Carter and in 2004 it was Burleson. Just "throwing it up" to Moss never worked well. Whenever there was a jump ball for Moss, 50% of the time it was incomplete, 25% of the time it was intercepted and 25% of the time he caught it. IMO, that's not a good percentage to build your entire offense around.

Besides, Culpepper rarely ever just "threw it up" for Moss. He threw it to Moss at a spot that was higher than the defenders. He rarely just chucked it up for grabs, and going back to what this thread was started on, Vick wouldn't have the accuracy to put it at the right spot.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "IpartyWithSmoot" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltrey33
    Yes it did......
    Haha, beat me to it.

Whenever there was a jump ball for Moss, 50% of the time it was incomplete, 25% of the time it was intercepted and 25% of the time he caught it. IMO, that's not a good percentage to build your entire offense around.
    Link to your stat source?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

t_13 is offline Rookie

"PhillyVikes" wrote:
    He needs to just come back with the Vikes!!!! That is where he needs to be!!

Go Vikes!!!!!!!
    no he doesnt he sucks now

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "IpartyWithSmoot" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    Yes it did......
    Haha, beat me to it.

No, I don't think it did. It was way too inconsistent. If you look at Culpepper's biggest years he always had Moss down the field and a guy underneath to run routes. In 2000 it was Carter and in 2004 it was Burleson. Just "throwing it up" to Moss never worked well. Whenever there was a jump ball for Moss, 50% of the time it was incomplete, 25% of the time it was intercepted and 25% of the time he caught it. IMO, that's not a good percentage to build your entire offense around.

Besides, Culpepper rarely ever just "threw it up" for Moss. He threw it to Moss at a spot that was higher than the defenders. He rarely just chucked it up for grabs, and going back to what this thread was started on, Vick wouldn't have the accuracy to put it at the right spot.
    where did you get those numbers? or did you just make them up?

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "IpartyWithSmoot" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by V-Unit
    Yes it did......
    Haha, beat me to it.

Whenever there was a jump ball for Moss, 50% of the time it was incomplete, 25% of the time it was intercepted and 25% of the time he caught it. IMO, that's not a good percentage to build your entire offense around.
    Link to your stat source?
    Just rough estimates...nothing exact.

I just don't think it was ever a good way to run an offense. The big plays were nice, and they are necessary, but what everyone was suggesting is that Vick could just throw it up in Moss's direction and they'd be successful passing the ball and that's not true. Moss is a great receiver and he's great at coming down with jump balls (or he was when he was with us anyway) but even for all those years when he was successful our offense was very inconsistent and we didn't win games. I know there were a lot of things that contributed to our inconsistancy, but I think our reliance upon Moss to make plays played a big role.

Anywho, the original point of my statement was in regards to this comment:
    it doesn't matter, just throw that ball up there and he won't have to hit anything, Moss will go get it!!
    A lot of times when they just threw the ball up for grabs it was picked off or knocked down. I don't care who the player is, when you just chuck it to see who comes down with it, the defense is going to win that battle a lot of the time. Whenever we threw the big jump balls, they were accurate passes by Culpepper, like singer said. The notion that Vick could throw it any which way and Moss would come down with it, and that you could base your passing game around that, is ridiculous.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast