Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Randy Moss says he wanted to be a Falcon or Raven!!!

I'm a Raiders fan and its really not that big of a deal.

It's not like hes saying hes pissed that hes a Raider. He is simply talking about some dreams he had. Everyone is always trying to jump on Moss and make him seem like a bad guy.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    kick in the face to raiders fans

I was just thinking that myself.. Now is that the real reason why he has not been the "Real" Randy Moss in Oakland? Or is it because of a crappy QB?

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    kick in the face to raiders fans

I was just thinking that myself.. Now is that the real reason why he has not been the "Real" Randy Moss in Oakland? Or is it because of a crappy QB?
    Last couple of seasons it just has been a crappy organization all together.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

it wouldnt have done vick a lick of good to have moss cus vick cant pass the ball worth a dam n
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    "farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    just think if it HAD happened. Vick and Moss. enough said.
    Right, a QB who can't hit the side of a barn with his passes and a WR who can't stay healthy for a whole season. wow roll .
    alright, i see your point. it would have some potential, though.
    it doesn't matter, just throw that ball up there and he won't have to hit anything, Moss will go get it!! plus, if you add Moss into the picture the Safties have to stay back, and they can't play man on man coverage anymore, which doesn't put a lot of pressure on Vick, so he could run and gun just like he used to when he came into the league!!
    Yep...that worked in Minnesota! Oh wait...no it didn't.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    Right, a QB who can't hit the side of a barn with his passes and a WR who can't stay healthy for a whole season. wow roll .
    it doesn't matter, just throw that ball up there and he won't have to hit anything, Moss will go get it!! plus, if you add Moss into the picture the Safties have to stay back, and they can't play man on man coverage anymore, which doesn't put a lot of pressure on Vick, so he could run and gun just like he used to when he came into the league!!
    Yes it did......
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by farvathevikinglover
    Yes it did......
    Haha, beat me to it.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

When I was getting traded from Minnesota I wanted to come and play for either the Atlanta Falcons or the Baltimore Ravens," Moss said.
    That tells me he knew about the Vikings trading him ahead of time. I thought ithe trade was a shock to everyone, including Moss.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Aberration is offline Rookie

So they didn't want Moss cause of character issues....So how are any of the Moss antics anything close to as bad as their "franchise" and some of the horrible things he's done? whatever

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Posted on Sun, Jul. 09, 2006

GARY PETERSON: TIMES COLUMNIST

[size=18px]Moss' timing is still slightly off[/size]

It seems only fitting, after a season in which he always appeared to be the Raiders' third option, that Randy Moss now contends he holds the team in the same regard.

It's true. Or at least Moss says it's true. Appearing Thursday on the "Mayhem in the Morning" radio show in Atlanta (what, was "Bloodshed at Dawn" taken?), Moss said:

"I want to tell every Atlanta Falcon and football fan that's listening ... what happened. When I was getting traded from Minnesota, I wanted to come and play for either the Atlanta Falcons or the Baltimore Ravens."

The trade to Atlanta didn't happen because Falcons president Arthur Blank didn't want it to.

"He did not think Randy Moss would be a good fit in Atlanta," Moss said. "Basically it was (Blank) saying there is no cold chance in hell I'd be playing for the Atlanta Falcons."

Moss didn't go into detail about the Baltimore situation other than to say, "I wanted to play with a guy such as Ray Lewis because he's on defense and I'm on offense."

Moss didn't express any unhappiness with the Raiders. To the contrary, he recently went on Sirius NFL radio and praised new coach Art Shell, new quarterback Aaron Brooks and second-year backup quarterback Andrew Walter.

Moss, in fact, has been pretty much the model citizen since coming to Oakland 16 months ago. He walked in the door saying, "I'm in love right now." He threw rose petals at Al Davis. He did an admirable job keeping his feelings to himself as departed quarterback Kerry Collins and deposed coach Norv Turner displayed an increasing, almost paranormal, inability to get him the football. And if he walked out on Turner's postgame talk after the season's final game, well, a lot of us were heading for higher ground at that point.

Moss attended the Raiders first mini-camp of the Shell regime. He's even mending fences in his old home town, having just opened a smoothie shop in Charleston, W.Va.

But this talk of Atlanta and Baltimore is interesting stuff. It makes a body wonder a great many things.

One: What would have happened had Moss been able to force his passage to Atlanta? The Falcons finished the 2005 season 8-8, and while tight end Alge Crumpler went to his third consecutive Pro Bowl, no Falcons wide-out cracked the NFC's top 20 in either catches or yards. As a team, Atlanta finished 14th in the conference in passing yardage.

Moss would have changed that. Michael Vick surely would have thrown more passes Moss' way than did Collins. Coach Jim Mora Jr. surely would have created some play-of-the-day synergy between the game's most explosive quarterback and most productive receiver.

Would all that have added up to the two or three more wins the Falcons would have needed to crack the postseason field? It would have been great fun finding out.

Two: What would have happened had Moss walked through Door No. 2, and found himself in Baltimore? Along with Derrick Mason and tight end Todd Heap, he would have given young quarterback Kyle Boller three spectacularly productive targets. That might have opened up the running game for Jamal Lewis.

Imagine Moss playing for a long-leash coach like Brian Billick -- who was his offensive coordinator in Minnesota in 1998, when Moss scored 17 touchdowns as a rookie and the Vikings set an NFL record for points scored.

Apparently, Moss already has.

Three: Is it possible that Moss, for all the love and devotion he expressed when he arrived in Oakland, resented having to settle for something less than what he really wanted? Is it possible he allowed his resentment to show as the Raiders' 2005 season took on water, and that this contributed to his statistically pleasing but strategically unfulfilling 2005 season?

Moss confirmed the painfully obvious to Sirius radio, saying that the Raiders had chemistry problems in 2005. Could his foiled plans have played a part in that bad pH balance?

Four: Why would Moss bring this up now, on the eve of his second training camp with the Raiders? Is he trying to stir something up? Is he trying to be a good quote? Or is he just the kind of guy who would sit down to a nice dinner with his wife on their first anniversary and say:

"Did I ever tell you that before I asked you to marry me, I proposed to a woman in Atlanta? She wouldn't have me, no way. Oh, and I was hot after this gal in Baltimore, too. That didn't work out either. But you know, I'm in love right now.

"And your name again was ... ?"

Contact Gary Peterson at [email protected]

Moss' timing is still slightly off

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast