Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 97 of 97
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    915

    Re: Randy Moss says he wanted to be a Falcon or Raven!!!

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    So the people who show up at a game to watch their favorite player in your mind doesnt deserve to go the the game?
    They deserve to go, but if they choose not to, they won't be missed.

    It doesnt matter if your a fan of one player or the entire team, a full crowd it better than an half empty crowd. Something the dome was known for before the moss/mccombs era in mn.
    Don't the Vikings have a current long standing sellout streak?
    Even if it has been broken, team success should not be measured in in jersey sales, ticket sales, or any kind of cash flow. It should be measured in wins. If your team wins the Superbowl, all the other things will come.
    I disagree, the bottom line is what matters in business today, selling tickets, jerseys, beer, etc matters more than super bowls. You dont sell out, less money comes in, less money comes in, less amount the owner will spend on players. Winning in not everything, having players, having a stadium fans can enjoy, and many other things matter more than just winning a super bowl. Have you ever watched a cubs game? How many World Series titles do that have? People go because they always seem to have a superstar, they have a great ballpark that brings people from all over the country/world to see. The days of the bottom line in sports not mattering is over, selling tickets, jerseys, and other things are extremely important to the teams. Before Randy and Red, the vikings had a very hard time selling tickets, clothing items, and other things that effect the bottom line. Sports teams want superstars to bring more money into the organization. I got my season tickets because the games were much more exciting to see, Before randy and red, half the games were blacked out, I had to drive from rochester every sunday because of the black out to winona just to see a game, most average fans will not do this, thus having sellouts brings more attention to your team. The bottom line matters more then ever, the "team aspect" is over blown. They all come to do there job, some make friends, some just go home. The vikings, NFL, sports in general are not about "going to war", its about going to work, making money and going home.
    You republican whore!

  2. #92
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Randy Moss says he wanted to be a Falcon or Raven!!!

    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    So the people who show up at a game to watch their favorite player in your mind doesnt deserve to go the the game?
    They deserve to go, but if they choose not to, they won't be missed.

    It doesnt matter if your a fan of one player or the entire team, a full crowd it better than an half empty crowd. Something the dome was known for before the moss/mccombs era in mn.
    Don't the Vikings have a current long standing sellout streak?
    Even if it has been broken, team success should not be measured in in jersey sales, ticket sales, or any kind of cash flow. It should be measured in wins. If your team wins the Superbowl, all the other things will come.
    I disagree, the bottom line is what matters in business today, selling tickets, jerseys, beer, etc matters more than super bowls. You dont sell out, less money comes in, less money comes in, less amount the owner will spend on players. Winning in not everything, having players, having a stadium fans can enjoy, and many other things matter more than just winning a super bowl. Have you ever watched a cubs game? How many World Series titles do that have? People go because they always seem to have a superstar, they have a great ballpark that brings people from all over the country/world to see. The days of the bottom line in sports not mattering is over, selling tickets, jerseys, and other things are extremely important to the teams. Before Randy and Red, the vikings had a very hard time selling tickets, clothing items, and other things that effect the bottom line. Sports teams want superstars to bring more money into the organization. I got my season tickets because the games were much more exciting to see, Before randy and red, half the games were blacked out, I had to drive from rochester every sunday because of the black out to winona just to see a game, most average fans will not do this, thus having sellouts brings more attention to your team. The bottom line matters more then ever, the "team aspect" is over blown. They all come to do there job, some make friends, some just go home. The vikings, NFL, sports in general are not about "going to war", its about going to work, making money and going home.
    Well - thank you for your input, Red McCombs.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #93
    darkflood is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    198

    Re: Randy Moss says he wanted to be a Falcon or Raven!!!

    O.K. This whole thing has been blown out of proportion. Does anyone think Randy ACTUALLY HAD A CHOICE of which team he was TRADED to???All he said was the first team he WANTED to play for was Atlanta. This has absolutely no bearing on his current team; it's a STATEMENT. Randy is a good player that has does some bad things; legally and to the team. Does anyone remember Daunte doing rehab in a Wal-Mart parking lot and not coming to Minnesota to meet the new coach or get involved in the new offense? I don't agree with trading two of our best players back to back in consecutive off-seasons, but what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Daunte didn't have the off field issues :wink: , but in the end he was worse than Moss. Did Moss ever b**ch about his contract via e-mail to NEWSPAPERS? Did Moss ever say he wanted to be traded or released?This whole thing is stupid. How 'bouts we focus on the players who are HERE, and win the NFC North?? :headbang:
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

  4. #94
    Braddock's Avatar
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    1,630

    Re: Randy Moss says he wanted to be a Falcon or Raven!!!

    I want Moss back bad. I would be his man slave if he would agree to come back.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

  5. #95
    darkflood is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    198

    Re: Randy Moss says he wanted to be a Falcon or Raven!!!

    "Braddock" wrote:
    I want Moss back bad. I would be his man slave if he would agree to come back.
    I don't...at least not yet. Brad damn near died last year throwing the long TD to K.Robinson. He's good, but he doesn't have THAT range. Hopefully T.Jackson turns out as goos as DMac, or as good as Koren said he was on Sirius. Then, having Moss and Koren(who I think will turn it up and be BETTER than he was in Seattle), would be great. Of course we also had Moss and Chris Carter at the same time so who knows.
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

  6. #96
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Randy Moss says he wanted to be a Falcon or Raven!!!

    "Braddock" wrote:
    I want Moss back bad. I would be his man slave if he would agree to come back.
    :shock:, maybe carrying the fan of an individual player a bit too far. :shock:

    =========

    KFFL
    Raiders | Moss looking to once again be a deep threat
    Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:28:03 -0700

    ESPN.com's John Clayton reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss says the groin injury that hampered him last season is feeling better, and he believes the healthy legs of QB Aaron Brooks could make him the game's most dangerous deep threat once again. Moss says Brooks' mobility will buy the Raiders' time for him to get deep and catch the 14 or 15 long passes he grew accustomed to with the Minnesota Vikings.

  7. #97
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Randy Moss says he wanted to be a Falcon or Raven!!!

    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    So the people who show up at a game to watch their favorite player in your mind doesnt deserve to go the the game?
    They deserve to go, but if they choose not to, they won't be missed.

    It doesnt matter if your a fan of one player or the entire team, a full crowd it better than an half empty crowd. Something the dome was known for before the moss/mccombs era in mn.
    Don't the Vikings have a current long standing sellout streak?
    Even if it has been broken, team success should not be measured in in jersey sales, ticket sales, or any kind of cash flow. It should be measured in wins. If your team wins the Superbowl, all the other things will come.
    I disagree, the bottom line is what matters in business today, selling tickets, jerseys, beer, etc matters more than super bowls. You dont sell out, less money comes in, less money comes in, less amount the owner will spend on players. Winning in not everything, having players, having a stadium fans can enjoy, and many other things matter more than just winning a super bowl. Have you ever watched a cubs game? How many World Series titles do that have? People go because they always seem to have a superstar, they have a great ballpark that brings people from all over the country/world to see. The days of the bottom line in sports not mattering is over, selling tickets, jerseys, and other things are extremely important to the teams. Before Randy and Red, the vikings had a very hard time selling tickets, clothing items, and other things that effect the bottom line. Sports teams want superstars to bring more money into the organization. I got my season tickets because the games were much more exciting to see, Before randy and red, half the games were blacked out, I had to drive from rochester every sunday because of the black out to winona just to see a game, most average fans will not do this, thus having sellouts brings more attention to your team. The bottom line matters more then ever, the "team aspect" is over blown. They all come to do there job, some make friends, some just go home. The vikings, NFL, sports in general are not about "going to war", its about going to work, making money and going home.
    Yes, the NFL is a business, but a main proponent of a good business in a good product. Good products sell better, Super Bowl products sell the best., and the effects are felt for years to come. You say yourself that you got your season tickets to see the games. You did not get season tickets to drink as much beer and buy as many hotdogs as possible in order to improve how much money the team made. Even average fans would much rather watch a winning football team than a losing team with one superstar on it. I would also rather spend money to go see games, and buy merchandise. Everything that a superstar does (increase jersey sales, attract national attention, and fill stadium seats) can be accomplished by a team that wins a lot.

    The cubs fan success is based on tradition. Much like the Minnesota Wild still sellout their games, there are definetly some exceptions to the rules. Even now the Cubs have barely anything, not even a superstar, and they still have no problem with attendance.

    One last thing, I would prefer if you never gave Red credit for anything ever again. What superstars did he bring in? ZERO. Both Randy and Daunte were drafted. Cris Carter was here before Red. Red was a cheapo who didn't care about a winning team at all. Instead he tried to get a new stadium while putting a average team on the field that only hardcore fans cheered for. Where did that get him? Kicked out of town thank goodness.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Similar Threads

  1. Saw T.O. do something that Randy Moss never would have...
    By NodakPaul in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 03:40 PM
  2. Randy Moss
    By Vikings_Fan84 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-27-2005, 07:25 PM
  3. Randy Moss.....
    By smootpepper in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-25-2005, 07:52 AM
  4. Randy Moss
    By vikez06 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 09:01 PM
  5. Randy Moss
    By wv__viking__fan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-23-2004, 05:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •